PDA

View Full Version : Differance ......

ChiefRedCloud
Sep-30-2011, 23:22
I've been flying the Blue side awhile so I decided to give the Red a go. WOW! First the engine of the Spit 1 at first (when first starting it) Sounds like a washing machine with a load of rocks. Then when the getting it rolling is like I'm dragging concret blocks behind me. I've hit the brakes to try and release them to little or no availe. When I do get it going across the field it's very choppy almost like the earth doesn't want to let it go. Once in the air and you gain hight it's not too bad but it's still not smooth. Is this perhaps my grapjics settings?

Now in reflection the 109 taxis and takes off as smooth as silk and flys over land with hardly any hesitation. Graphics setting all the same. Why one and not the other?

I'm running an Intel I7 quade corre, 6 gigs of memory, a GTX 450 Video card w/1 gig of memory, and about medium ingame video settings.

ATAG_Bliss
Oct-02-2011, 07:06
I've been flying the Blue side awhile so I decided to give the Red a go. WOW! First the engine of the Spit 1 at first (when first starting it) Sounds like a washing machine with a load of rocks. Then when the getting it rolling is like I'm dragging concret blocks behind me. I've hit the brakes to try and release them to little or no availe. When I do get it going across the field it's very choppy almost like the earth doesn't want to let it go. Once in the air and you gain hight it's not too bad but it's still not smooth. Is this perhaps my grapjics settings?

Now in reflection the 109 taxis and takes off as smooth as silk and flys over land with hardly any hesitation. Graphics setting all the same. Why one and not the other?

I'm running an Intel I7 quade corre, 6 gigs of memory, a GTX 450 Video card w/1 gig of memory, and about medium ingame video settings.

Haha.. Yep, the red side is a little rough on the plane department. :Grin: But that's what makes them fun!

But the problem with taking off in the closest spit base is the base is full of hangers, and to top it off, has a fairly good sized village next to the field. That brings my pc to its knees as well on takeoff. It seems once off the ground, even an inch, it's fine though.

As far as the brakes, look at the lower left side of your instrument panel. There's a brake pressure gauge there. You'll need to assign a different key to your brakes on the red side as they are actually a hand brake on the stick. And they work in unison with what direction your rudder is moving (hence the brake pressure gauge showing right or left) So if you are holding your brakes (not toe brakes) and turn the rudder hard right, only your right brake is applied. It's really cool it's modeled that way IMO.

Hope this helps!

:salute:

ChiefRedCloud
Oct-02-2011, 18:24
Thanks for your comments. I appreciate them.:salute:

I have a microsoft ForceFeedback 2 twist stick. Not exactly top notch flying equipment, but it is what I have.

ATAG_Bliss
Oct-07-2011, 18:55
No problem. I heard that stick is really good though. Do you have track ir? That's my number # piece of flying equipment I can't live without after using it for so long. :salute:

ChiefRedCloud
Oct-09-2011, 14:56
let me re-address my own comment here. With the newist beta2 patch I had to reinstall the game (via Steam) which in turn reset all my setting (except for my controls which I saved). Well long story short, I flew a Spit on takeoff yesterday with hardly any drag (clank clank is still there when engine first start, oh well).

With a fairly smooth take off and flight I was a happy camper even if I did run out of ammo before I was able to shoot down a Stuka. Oh well .... I may have tried to exceed my grapics cards capability and thus hamperied myself. :coolio:

ATAG_Bliss
Oct-10-2011, 10:30
let me re-address my own comment here. With the newist beta2 patch I had to reinstall the game (via Steam) which in turn reset all my setting (except for my controls which I saved). Well long story short, I flew a Spit on takeoff yesterday with hardly any drag (clank clank is still there when engine first start, oh well).

With a fairly smooth take off and flight I was a happy camper even if I did run out of ammo before I was able to shoot down a Stuka. Oh well .... I may have tried to exceed my grapics cards capability and thus hamperied myself. :coolio:

Hmm - I have a suggestion if you haven't done this already. Make sure you do "save as" for all your control settings and rename your .ini to something other than default. That way steam can never reset them. I have 2 different .ini's saved. One for a bomber and one for a fighter, and have yet to have steam touch any of them.

;)

ChiefRedCloud
Oct-10-2011, 19:22
Hmm - I have a suggestion if you haven't done this already. Make sure you do "save as" for all your control settings and rename your .ini to something other than default. That way steam can never reset them. I have 2 different .ini's saved. One for a bomber and one for a fighter, and have yet to have steam touch any of them.

;)

Cool! Just rename them and leave them therein the folder?

ATAG_Bliss
Oct-10-2011, 21:43
Cool! Just rename them and leave them therein the folder?

Yes sir! Just make sure you apply the changes, before you save them or nothing will happen. So you'll apply which will take you out of the controls menu, then go back in and do a "save as" and name it w/e you like. It will default to the right location to save.

:salute:

ATAG_Headshot
Nov-06-2011, 23:57
I have noticed one really big thing for frame rates in a spit... The mirror seems bugged as it doesn't reflect right and it also really REALLY drops your frame rate. Set up a key to disable your mirror and you'll get a lot of performance back.

ChiefRedCloud
Nov-07-2011, 11:15
I have noticed one really big thing for frame rates in a spit... The mirror seems bugged as it doesn't reflect right and it also really REALLY drops your frame rate. Set up a key to disable your mirror and you'll get a lot of performance back.

Yea that was brought up early on (verbaly ingame). thanks for bringing this up in the forums. Very good point. I turn mine off all the time.

ATAG_Bliss
Nov-07-2011, 19:08
Hi and welcome Newbiefodder. I've grown accustomed to turning this off, but completely forgot about the FPS difference when doing so.

Good stuff!