PDA

View Full Version : Confused, population me!

SoW Reddog
Oct-29-2013, 17:16
OK, so I've spent all day writing code at work (without the game obviously), sent it home and put it into my mission file and unsurprisingly it had a shed load of errors in it. I've managed to debug and go through it until I'm down to an issue I just don't understand.

This works from Kodiak's RDF script

GamePlay.gpSectorName(kvp.Key.Pos().x, kvp.Key.Pos().y);
where kvp.Key is an AiAirgroup

Yet this doesn't compile

GamePlay.gpSectorName(DynRaids[raid].Pos().x, DynRaids[raid].Pos().y);
where DynRaids is a dictionary <string, list> where the list is aiairgroup also.

The error I'm getting is

System.Collections.Generic.List<maddox.game.world.AiAirGroup>' does not contain a definition for 'Pos' and no extension method 'Pos' accepting a first argument of type 'System.Collections.Generic.List<maddox.game.world.AiAirGroup>' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

What the hell am I missing?

SoW Reddog
Oct-29-2013, 17:19
And as soon as I post this, I figure it out. I'm a muppet.

Nothing to see here, move along.:thumbsup:

ATAG_Lolsav
Oct-29-2013, 17:21

http://smileysemoticons.com/upload/19109-31492/guy-smiley.jpg

ATAG_Lewis
Oct-29-2013, 17:26
I have no idea what you're talking about...But I too am more than happy to go with the muppet metaphor...

http://www.claireramus.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/beaker-muppet2.jpg

Roblex
Oct-29-2013, 17:27

Nothing to see here, move along.:thumbsup:

I worked with a programmer once who kept a teddy bear in the corner of the room that he would describe his code problems to so he could see the answer himself :D

SoW Reddog
Oct-29-2013, 17:44
I worked with a programmer once who kept a teddy bear in the corner of the room that he would describe his code problems to so he could see the answer himself :D

I used to have a staff member I could do that with. Worked EVERY time. Unfortunately that was a completely different language, and a difference workplace now....