PDA

View Full Version : The leaning Stuka

EG14_Marcast
Oct-30-2013, 12:36
I can’t get the wings of the Ju87 parallel to the horizon in level flight. The aircraft has a marked trend to bank to the left, and if I use the rudder trim, aligning the wings to the horizon the aircraft still slightly banks to the left. To keep the course I must trim until the wings lean a few degrees on the right, and so the aircraft flyies straight. Has anybody else noticed this strange behaviour?

9./JG52_J-HAT
Oct-30-2013, 18:39
Not that I am an experienced Ju 87 pilot, but I took it for a ride after TF 4.0 and haven't seen any problems. I made a whole sortie (got shot down after hitting the target) and could fly it normally. I used a little aileron trim and maintained sideslip with the rudder pedals (no rudder trim mapped for me). Maybe I was just compensating with the stick, but I don't think so.

I have had this happen with my X-52 Pro where the stick isn't centered when I start my computer or the game and it just assumes the current stick's position is the actual center - I removed the smaller centering spring. Than the planes tend to nose down, nose up, bank to one side... centering and unplugging the cable works to correct this.

III./ZG76_Saipan
Oct-30-2013, 18:58
yes it leans to the left, that's a result of the last official patch before TF took over. prior to that it was level.

III./ZG76_Keller
Oct-30-2013, 19:02
yes it leans to the left, that's a result of the last official patch before TF took over. prior to that it was level.

Yep, the last official patch changed the aileron trim; not sure if it was intentional or not.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Oct-30-2013, 19:41
Added to the list. :salute: