PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Controls Shaking

Screamadelica
Oct-31-2013, 05:01
I've mapped controls to my CH Throttle Quadrant for the P51 and all is working well except that the controls in the in game cockpit view are shaking and vibrating like crazy, mainly the throttle and prop pitch and even the joystick to some extent. Is anybody else having this problem, any ideas?
Thanks, Scream.

Foul Ole Ron
Oct-31-2013, 05:34
If it's a slight shake it's probably the pots in your quadrant are slightly gone. My X52 throttle is the same around the middle of the range. I usually have to keep it around the detents to keep it steady. The throttle controls are just more sensitive than CloD so any problem with pots going will be seen a lot more easily in the P51. You could maybe play around with curves to try and minimise the effect.

If it's a massive shake maybe there's a control config duplication. I got this when I installed my rudders for the first time a while back. Joystick was moving all over the place.

Screamadelica
Oct-31-2013, 07:49
Thanks Ron, I think it must be the control config duplication, they are shaking pretty badly to the point of distraction. I'll delete any other controls assigned to throttle, etc and see if that works.
Cheers, Scream. :thumbsup:

Screamadelica
Nov-02-2013, 09:44
I think I have found the problem. Firstly, checked that the controls weren't duplicated and cleared the duplicate settings. This reduced a fair amount of the shaking. Also swapped the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick over to a Thrustmaster T 1600 which stopped the joystick in cockpit view from vibrating about completely.
There is still a fair amount of shake with the throttle quad lever when not set to either zero or full, so it appears to be the pots that are the problem. It is a fairly new unit, and I noticed in the CH Manager that they are a little jittery. I remember Lew added Velcro to help the levers become smoother on a CH Pro Throttle, but not too sure if that applies to this situation.
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6098
Cheers, Scream.

Foul Ole Ron
Nov-02-2013, 18:31
You can add in a bigger deadzone maybe on your throttle too so the jitters don't have as big an impact? But yeah if the pots are a bit jittery there's not a whole lot that can be done I think. I've just had to live with it.