PDA

View Full Version : Teamspeak 3 Overlay for IL2 Cliffs of Dover

ATAG_Bliss
Oct-02-2011, 23:23
Hi all. Here's an overlay that works great for IL2COD. I run Win7 x64 and it works flawlessly for me. It's nice thing to have with only one monitor. That way you can always know who's talking and who's in your channel while in game.

Download from here: http://tsnotifier.cfxxl.de/SetupTSNotifierV1.4.7.msi

Choose the top one (installer) and let it install. Next start the program and enable it (tsnotifyer). Now go into the game once and exit (it will not work initially). Now go into the gamesettings.ini (in tsnotifier there's an option for "edit gamesettings.ini) - Once inside it will look something similar to this:

[WoW.exe]
game.enabled=1
[Gw.exe]
game.enabled=1
[lotroclient.exe]
game.enabled=1
[TSNotifier.exe]
game.enabled=0
[TSNotifier_x64.exe]
game.enabled=0
[firefox.exe]
game.enabled=0
[Steam.exe]
game.enabled=0
[Explorer.EXE]
game.enabled=0
[DllHost.exe]
game.enabled=0
[dxwsetup.exe]
game.enabled=0
[hyperlobby.exe]
game.enabled=0
[plugin-container.exe]
game.enabled=0
[rogame.exe]
game.enabled=0
[Dwm.exe]
game.enabled=0
[conhost.exe]
game.enabled=0
[Launcher.exe]
game.enabled=1
[GameOverlayUI.exe]
game.enabled=0
[NOTEPAD.EXE]
game.enabled=0
[nvcplui.exe]
game.enabled=0
[taskhost.exe]
game.enabled=0
[TrackIR5.exe]
game.enabled=0
[taskmgr.exe]
game.enabled=0
[ts3client_win64.exe]
game.enabled=0
[InstallHook.exe]
game.enabled=0
[mspaint.exe]
game.enabled=0

Once you find Launcher.exe (this is why you have to start the game once to make this work) change it from "0" to "1" to enable it for IL2COD. Now restart TS3 / TSnotifier again and hop into IL2COD. You should have an overlay!
Here's what it looks like on my screen with both of our mic's keyed up. When noone is talking it's virtually invisible. Very cool! Enjoy!:salute:

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/8366/32156392.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/28/32156392.jpg/)

ATAG_Trumps
Oct-03-2011, 12:47
Great stuff, will give it a whirl when I get back to town.

Cheers
Craig

III./ZG76_Keller
Oct-03-2011, 16:16
Is it Steam Anti-Cheat friendly?

ATAG_Bliss
Oct-03-2011, 17:19
Staf.Keller;4432']Is it Steam Anti-Cheat friendly?

Yes sir! Use away without worry. :salute:

Spinfx
Oct-03-2011, 20:04
Very Handy Bliss. Nice Find.

Spinfx.

too-cool
Nov-06-2011, 09:38
Hi all. Here's an overlay that works great for IL2COD. I run Win7 x64 and it works flawlessly for me. It's nice thing to have with only one monitor. That way you can always know who's talking and who's in your channel while in game.

Choose the top one (installer) and let it install. Next start the program and enable it (tsnotifyer). Now go into the game once and exit (it will not work initially). Now go into the gamesettings.ini (in tsnotifier there's an option for "edit gamesettings.ini) - Once inside it will look something similar to this:

Once you find Launcher.exe (this is why you have to start the game once to make this work) change it from "0" to "1" to enable it for IL2COD. Now restart TS3 / TSnotifier again and hop into IL2COD. You should have an overlay!
Here's what it looks like on my screen with both of our mic's keyed up. When noone is talking it's virtually invisible. Very cool! Enjoy!:salute:

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/8366/32156392.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/28/32156392.jpg/)My version of TS3 API is 13 and the tsnotifier version is 14, not compatable. How do I get a version of TS that's has API ver.14, I'm currently running TS3 ver.301. Also will there be issues with anyone running API ver.13 if I'm running ver.14? Thanks TC

ATAG_Bliss
Nov-06-2011, 14:08
Strange. Do you have a screen shot of the error? Do you have the latest version of TS3 installed.

My steps were essentially: Shut off TS3, download notifier, install notifier, turn on TS3, go to settings/setting wizard and enable TS3 overlay. Start IL2/close IL2, go to config for notifier and change the launcher to 1. Shut down TS3 and notifier. Start TS3, then start notifier, fire up game, and it works.

I've never checked anything to do with plugins with regards to TS3. The notifier automatically installed, and once I found out you had to enable TS3 overlay through setting wizard, it's worked perfectly ever since.

Could you put up a screen shot of the error you're having?

5./JG27Rudelmann
Nov-06-2011, 20:52
I get the same message, and TSNotifier won't show anything when online, although it does run the overlay enabled message across the screen. Post a s/s later, doing some research on it now.

too-cool
Nov-07-2011, 11:17
Strange. Do you have a screen shot of the error? Do you have the latest version of TS3 installed.

My steps were essentially: Shut off TS3, download notifier, install notifier, turn on TS3, go to settings/setting wizard and enable TS3 overlay. Start IL2/close IL2, go to config for notifier and change the launcher to 1. Shut down TS3 and notifier. Start TS3, then start notifier, fire up game, and it works.

I've never checked anything to do with plugins with regards to TS3. The notifier automatically installed, and once I found out you had to enable TS3 overlay through setting wizard, it's worked perfectly ever since.

Could you put up a screen shot of the error you're having?I finally got it to work, needed to reboot my system after the second restart of the game for the launch.exe to show up in the gamesetting.ini, once I did that everything worked fine, Now there is one little problem, Fraps doesn't work in the game with the tsnotifier running, (launch.exe has stopped working) however I can use the ingame fps counter, you may want to look into the incompatability with Fraps. Thanks for the help and the program. TC

9./JG52 Lopp
Nov-07-2011, 12:20
Thanks, works like a champ.

ChiefRedCloud
Nov-07-2011, 18:50
however I can use the ingame fps counter TC

My question is how do we bring up the FPS Counter in game?

ATAG_Bliss
Nov-07-2011, 19:11
Well, there's 2 out of 3 got it working! Any luck with yours Rudelmann?

My question is how do we bring up the FPS Counter in game?

Open up the dev console. I believe it's either TAB or the tilda key by default.

Type: fps START SHOW (yes caps and spacing make a difference).

The in-game tool works really well. :salute:

Edit: Don't try to do this while flying as opening the console will make your controls unusable until it's closed again. :goofy:

5./JG27Rudelmann
Nov-08-2011, 01:03
Negative, I've gotten the guys at TSNotifier advising, but some reason my API still can't get high enough to work. Here's a screen of my post asking for help as well as the error I'm getting.

too-cool
Nov-08-2011, 02:29
Negative, I've gotten the guys at TSNotifier advising, but some reason my API still can't get high enough to work. Here's a screen of my post asking for help as well as the error I'm getting.

264You need the beta version of TS3, ver.3.0.2 to get it to work. look in you TS3 dir. and find the file label update.ini or it may say update configuration setting.ini, open it in word/note pad and change the beta= to beta=true or if you updat file already says true then change to false, save and then check the help section in TS for updates, that should allow you to download the updated beta ver.3.0.2. If after opening the update file there is nothing in it then add the following lines as you see them below. TC

[channel]
beta=true

ATAG_Jeepy
Nov-09-2011, 15:28
omg.. That did it. :thumbsup:

I know I know..should've gone to ts-site my self..

THX so much Bliss & too-cool !

:salute:

ChiefRedCloud
Nov-10-2011, 10:06
The FPS counter was an error on my part. namely I did not have the "Open Console" identified with a key. So IT could not work. Works fine now. Thanks all ...

too-cool
Nov-11-2011, 09:09
Well, there's 2 out of 3 got it working! Any luck with yours Rudelmann?

Open up the dev console. I believe it's either TAB or the tilda key by default.

Type: fps START SHOW (yes caps and spacing make a difference).

The in-game tool works really well. :salute:

Edit: Don't try to do this while flying as opening the console will make your controls unusable until it's closed again. :goofy:Hi Bliss
I have TSnotifier working in COD, my question is how to get Fraps working with the TSnotifier, it I start Fraps and TSnotifier the game crashes and I have to Ctrl Alt Del to desktop were the error msg says that Launcher.exe has stopped working. If I disable Fraps then everything is OK but with Fraps and TSnotifier both game crashes everytime. Any Idea's, I also tried to change the 0 to 1 in gamesetting.ini under both Fraps.exe and Fraps.dat. no luck. Thanks TC

ATAG_Bliss
Nov-11-2011, 10:30
Hi Bliss
I have TSnotifier working in COD, my question is how to get Fraps working with the TSnotifier, it I start Fraps and TSnotifier the game crashes and I have to Ctrl Alt Del to desktop were the error msg says that Launcher.exe has stopped working. If I disable Fraps then everything is OK but with Fraps and TSnotifier both game crashes everytime. Any Idea's, I also tried to change the 0 to 1 in gamesetting.ini under both Fraps.exe and Fraps.dat. no luck. Thanks TC

I wouldn't know how to get Fraps working with it. Heck, I've yet to get FRAPS working in-game since it's release lol. I do have the paid version as well :sad!:

I guess the 2 programs conflict with each other.. That sux!

Perhaps when we finally get the revised graphics engine, TS3's built in overlay will start working and we won't need the notifiyer anymore?

too-cool
Nov-11-2011, 15:05
I wouldn't know how to get Fraps working with it. Heck, I've yet to get FRAPS working in-game since it's release lol. I do have the paid version as well :sad!:

I guess the 2 programs conflict with each other.. That sux!

Perhaps when we finally get the revised graphics engine, TS3's built in overlay will start working and we won't need the notifiyer anymore?OK thanks for the reply. TC

too-cool
Nov-11-2011, 18:14
Yes sir! Use away without worry. :salute:Bliss I saw a post today on the steam forum under VAC that TS3 Overlays were consider cheats and would get you banned, were did you get the information that TSnotifier Overlay would not earn you a VAC Ban? TC

ATAG_Bliss
Nov-11-2011, 18:23
Hmm,

Can you link me to the posting? I've been using overlays for ventrilo for as long as I can remember, and now for TS3.

too-cool
Nov-11-2011, 18:40
Hmm,

Can you link me to the posting? I've been using overlays for ventrilo for as long as I can remember, and now for TS3.It's located under VAC Discussions. TC

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35

ATAG_WatchMan
Nov-11-2011, 20:48
If it's under "banned for using ts3 plugin?, I wouldn't worry. As mentioned further down in the post fraps uses a similar hook dll and falls under the same definition.:thumbsup:

ATAG_WatchMan.

too-cool
Nov-11-2011, 23:59
If it's under "banned for using ts3 plugin?, I wouldn't worry. As mentioned further down in the post fraps uses a similar hook dll and falls under the same definition.:thumbsup:

ATAG_WatchMan.I hope you're right, but I'll stop using it for a while and monitor that forum for any post on the subject. Thanks TC

Ohms
Nov-15-2011, 19:18
Wow that works a charm,I know a lot of the guys now without needing it but it's fantastic when someone I do not know starts talking.A great way make people feel comfortable when you can reply to them using their name.:thumbsup:

Bokonon
Nov-16-2011, 15:16

ATAG_WatchMan.
Also a couple of the posts further down in that thread have a link to a forum where the OP is banned from a server for using an aimbot. I think if the started handing out VAC bans for such things then Steam would go rapidly downhill.
I also read in the VAC forums that you will know if the server is VAC protected because it will display a message when you log on to the server telling you so. If this is the case then we can assume that currently CLoD is not subject to the VAC system as yet.
The VAC forums also state that not all servers are VAC protected, so my logic says that it will be a server side decision whether to turn it on or not when it is rolled out for CLoD.
Does anyone else know how this works and what will get you banned? I'm currently using the FXAA mod and the TS3 overlay plus Freetrack, that must hook in to the game as well. Is there a whitelist or a blacklist? Has that dammed RED Spy from TF2 been a VAC agent all along, disguised as my girlfriend standing behind me with a knife drawn ready to p.........................

ATAG_Colander
Dec-02-2011, 12:58
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7849-RADZ-6869

The VAC system reliably detects cheats using their cheat signatures. Any third-party modification to a game designed to give one player an advantage over another is classified as a cheat or hack and will trigger a VAC ban. This includes modifications to a game's core executable files and dynamic link libraries.
The following will not trigger a VAC ban:

Using chat programs like X-Fire
System hardware configurations
Updated system drivers, such as video card drivers

I think the key here is "cheat signatures". According to that, if the program/plugin has not been reported as a cheat, it will not be included on the "cheat signatures" VAC looks for.

Jimbop
Mar-02-2012, 00:26
I was using TS Notifier until the FRAPS conflict started to annoy me. The native TS3 Overlay plugin now works for CoD if you make the following edit in the plugin's config_user.ini:

[LAUNCHER.EXE]
dll.force_loading=true

See their forum here (http://ts3overlay.r-dev.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1166&start=10) for more details.

too-cool
Mar-02-2012, 05:43
Can't seem to get TS overlay to work, so do I include this entry in the TS folder or do I need to do something in the COD folder, and will it now work with Fraps and not crash the game? Thanks TC

Jimbop
Mar-02-2012, 17:49
Yes, the Overlay plugin works fine with FRAPS. You need to enable the plugin in TS3 as here:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7038/6801382108_552f94476d_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/61319592@N06/6801382108/)

The .ini file is in the C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\plugins\ts3overlay folder (or similar). Maybe there is a config_default.ini file instead of config_user.ini but I can't remember.

too-cool
Mar-02-2012, 19:16
Yes, the Overlay plugin works fine with FRAPS. You need to enable the plugin in TS3 as here:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7038/6801382108_552f94476d_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/61319592@N06/6801382108/)

The .ini file is in the C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\plugins\ts3overlay folder (or similar). Maybe there is a config_default.ini file instead of config_user.ini but I can't remember.
Can you post a screenshot of your config_user.ini for this entry? Thanks TC

Jimbop
Mar-02-2012, 20:21
I've checked and I don't have the config_user.ini file in my folder any more. No launcher entry in the default file either (and it works but I could have sworn I edited a file when I installed). Try downloading the latest plugin version from here which will update this plugin in teamspeak 3. My TS3 version is 3.0.3 and my overlay version is 3.3.5. Disable the TSNotifier plugin if you have that installed.

Jimbop
Mar-06-2012, 18:08
Clarification to above:

" Open your explorer and type '%appdata%\ts3overlay' in the titlebar (without the quotes). This is the user-specific overlay directory, where you can find the logs, too."

too-cool
Mar-07-2012, 11:47
Clarification to above:

" Open your explorer and type '%appdata%\ts3overlay' in the titlebar (without the quotes). This is the user-specific overlay directory, where you can find the logs, too."

I opened and put the below line in it and saved, but I still don't have any visible TS overlay showing in CoD, niether online or off. Can you post a screen shot of what your overlay looks like when you start the game? TC

[LAUNCHER.EXE]
dll.force_loading=true

Jimbop
Mar-09-2012, 16:45
It only appears for me when flying, not in the menus.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7056/6967826161_9eddabfb5b_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/61319592@N06/6967826161/)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7176/6967826229_2d0c0ab5b2_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/61319592@N06/6967826229/)

ATAG_Colander
Mar-09-2012, 16:51
It works by hooking into the Direct X graphics and the menu screen is not drawn using DX.

Colander.

too-cool
Mar-09-2012, 17:33
It works by hooking into the Direct X graphics and the menu screen is not drawn using DX.

Colander.

I just don't know, I've put the input where I was instructed but still no overlay. Can you please give step by step again? Thanks TC

Jimbop
Mar-09-2012, 18:23
I am using Windows 7 64-bit. To test, I uninstalled the overlay plugin I had manually downloaded, TSNotifier (which I don't need any more) and TS3. I manually deleted the relevant Program Files folders and %appdata%\ts3overlay folder to get rid of the settings.

I then reinstalled exactly as follows:

1. Installed TS3 v3.0.5 64-bit client.

2. Proceeded through the setup wizard and ticked Enable Overlay, agreed to the warning about anti-cheat.

3. Ran CoD: overlay didn't work.

4. Closed CoD and TS3 and opened the config_user.ini in %appdata%\ts3overlay. Added the following line under [LAUNCHER.EXE]:

dll.force_loading=true

5. Started TS3, logged onto 216.52.148.29:9987 and started CoD. It works.

My C:\Users\Upstairs\AppData\Roaming\ts3overlay\confi g_user.ini entry looks like this after the successful test:

[LAUNCHER.EXE]
dll.force_loading=true
statistics.tried_in_version=3.3.5
statistics.doesnt_crash_in_version=3.3.5

too-cool
Mar-09-2012, 18:49
I am using Windows 7 64-bit. To test, I uninstalled the overlay plugin I had manually downloaded, TSNotifier (which I don't need any more) and TS3. I manually deleted the relevant Program Files folders and %appdata%\ts3overlay folder to get rid of the settings.

2. Proceeded through the setup wizard and ticked Enable Overlay, agreed to the warning about anti-cheat.

4. Closed CoD and TS3 and opened the config_user.ini in %appdata%\ts3overlay. Added the following line under [LAUNCHER.EXE]:

dll.force_loading=true

My C:\Users\Upstairs\AppData\Roaming\ts3overlay\confi g_user.ini entry looks like this after the successful test:

[LAUNCHER.EXE]
dll.force_loading=true

I think I have to do the clean install to get it to work following the above instructions. Will give it a try this weekend when I have plenty of time. Thanks I will report back with the results. TC

Tonka
Mar-09-2012, 19:03
Many thanks for the step by step guide Jim, this overlay thing has had me stumped for a while now. Followed your guide and it works perfectly.

Cheers! :thumbsup:

too-cool
Mar-12-2012, 15:09

dll.force_loading=true

[LAUNCHER.EXE]
dll.force_loading=true

Got it, I took your example of the above lines and put them into my .ini and now it works. Thanks TC

Dutch
Mar-14-2012, 16:18
I was using TS Notifier until the FRAPS conflict started to annoy me. The native TS3 Overlay plugin now works for CoD if you make the following edit in the plugin's config_user.ini:

[LAUNCHER.EXE]
dll.force_loading=true

Thanks for this Jimbo, all set up now! :thumbsup:

I have found though, that I have to start fraps after ts3 and the game. If fraps and ts3 are running before I start the game, the game doesn't respond.

Is it the same for everyone?

Cheers.

too-cool
Mar-14-2012, 18:13
Thanks for this Jimbo, all set up now! :thumbsup:

I have found though, that I have to start fraps after ts3 and the game. If fraps and ts3 are running before I start the game, the game doesn't respond.

Is it the same for everyone?

Cheers.

I don't have that problem, doesn't matter what order I start the programs in, all works great. TC

Jimbop
Mar-14-2012, 20:34
Fraps was crashing me only with TSNotifier. Fine apart from that.

Dutch
Mar-14-2012, 20:38
Ok, thx, not a problem, just wondered! :)

Old_Canuck
Mar-28-2012, 11:16
Works great now. Thx Bliss :hpyclp: Now I've got to learn how to re-size / re-position the chat windows.

ATAG_Deacon
Mar-28-2012, 11:25
OC,

Check here:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?694-InGame-Message-Windows-Setups

~S~

~Deacon

Old_Canuck
Mar-28-2012, 11:59
OC,

Check here:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?694-InGame-Message-Windows-Setups

~S~

~Deacon

Thank you, Sir :thumbsup::salute:

ATAG_Bliss
Mar-28-2012, 15:22
Works great now. Thx Bliss :hpyclp: Now I've got to learn how to re-size / re-position the chat windows.

Good stuff.. It's always nice to know who's yelling at you isn't it? :bgsmile:

ATAG_Naz
Feb-08-2013, 06:32
Hi Guys

Since using SweetFX/FlightFX the native TS3 overlay conflicts with it and crashes the game. I've therefore tried TS-Notifier again. I've followed all the instructions and done a bit of reading elsewhere but cant get it to work in game. I had this problem previously and that I why I switched to the TS3 overlay originally.

In a nutshell, TS-Notifier works perfectly fine whilst Cliffs is loaded up and i am in the various in-game menus, but as soon as I go into the game itself (i.e. in the cockpit) then all the TS users names disappear and I dont have the list of active users anymore. If I quit out of the cockpit and go back to the in game menus, then the TS-Notifier list of users re-appears again.

Any ideas?

Ohms
Feb-08-2013, 10:13
Naz I had the exact same issues and could never get it to work while in game. If someone has a fix please tell.

Ohmie

ATAG_Colander
Feb-08-2013, 10:22
Try starting TS after starting the game.

ATAG_Naz
Feb-08-2013, 18:51
Cheers Colander

I've tried starting TS (and TS-Notifier) at different times (1. before loading Cliffs, 2. after loading Cliffs but whilst still in the in-game menus, 3. After entering the cockpit in game) ... same result in each scenario (TS-Notifier list doesn't work in cockpit).

What does work however is if Ii use Pseudo full screen mode, so for some reason full screen mode breaks or interrupts something that TS-Notifier seems to need. I get awful Track IR tearing in Pseudo mode however so its not a solution I can live with unfortunately.

Hope this bit of extra info switches on a light bulb for someone which can shed some light for Ohmie and me.

Salute
:)

9./JG52 Ziegler
Feb-20-2013, 07:57
It is a config_default.ini. But in mine, it's not possible to change or save a change. They ask you to create a config_user.ini to make any changes? If I try to change the default.ini, I get a no permission deal. How do i create a congig_user .ini? Oh and to show how completely useless my cvomputer skills really are, I can't figure out how to move the window out of the upper left corner where it is overlayed with the sim chat. :grrr:
Anybody? Bueller?

9./JG52 Ziegler
Feb-20-2013, 08:02
Try starting TS after starting the game.

At risk of being a moron........how do I do that? Once the game is started, I can't get to TS without exiting? :banghead: Wait a second! A how to manipulate windows by FS Lew! Thanks Lew, for saving me from myself.

ATAG_Colander
Feb-20-2013, 11:22
At risk of being a moron........how do I do that? Once the game is started, I can't get to TS without exiting? :banghead: Wait a second! A how to manipulate windows by FS Lew! Thanks Lew, for saving me from myself.

ALT-Tab is your friend :)

ATAG_Naz
Mar-04-2013, 20:57
I am one of the lucky ones where the recent Windows update causing so many people grief is working fine for my system. An added bonus is that TSNotifier also works for me in game now.

EDIT: It looks like it isn't the Windows update but rather the AA settings in my Nvidia CP that makes the difference for TSNotifier!

Ohmie, try setting Antialiasing Transparency from Multisample to one of the Supersample options....TSNotifier works in game for me now with Supersample but still doesn't work in cockpit if I have it set t multisample. Give it a go and let me know if it is the same for you mate.

DRock
Mar-25-2013, 08:52
Hi Guys, I and many other are still having overlay issues. I am using TS Notifier and the names do not show up in game while in the cockpit. It works on my desktop, and everywhere except for in cockpit. I've tried everything and I'd like to hear some new ideas if anyone has any.

Thanks,
DRock

ATAG_Naz
Mar-26-2013, 02:19
Hey DRock

I was having exactly the same issue as you mate. as per my posts above, I have TS Notifier working in cockpit now. To be honest, I am not 100% sure which of the two things I mentioned fixed it for me, but try either or both;

1. Do the infamous win7 update (you won't be able to use SweetFX anymore but since the TF patch I don't need it anymore anyway ... Just IMHO of course).
2. Set Antialiasing Transparency in your vid card settings to one of the supersampling options rather than multisampling.

One (or both) of those things seemed to have fixed things for me.

Do you have a thrustmaster stick by chance? I find that I must load the Target software before loading anything related to the game (track IR, TS, Steam etc) or else funny things start happening to my game as well. I always load Target first now...no idea if that has any impact on TS notifier but thought I'd mention it.

Apologies if you had already tried my suggestions given they we posted directly above yours .. you never know ;)

DRock
Mar-26-2013, 12:00
Hi Nas, thanks for the reply.

I've tried every idea here both before and after TF patch. The nvidia settings have no effect on the notifier. There just seems to be a conflict between overlay and cockpit.

The solution seems to be different for every computer. I'm not sure if the problem is CoD, steam, nvidia, TS, or just me.

ATAG_Naz
Mar-26-2013, 15:59
Ah, bad luck man... Frustrating isn't it.

DRock
Mar-27-2013, 10:29
Hey Naz, does your notifier work everywhere or just in game?
Does it matter if you have the free version or paid version of Teamspeak?
This problem is like a Chinese finger trap, I'm going to learn everyone's voice before I solve this one.

All the more reason to have a second monitor. Soon.

Thanks again.

ATAG_Naz
Mar-27-2013, 19:50
Yeah it works everywhere on my rig now...For example;

On the windows desktop, it will show me the list of users names when I push my "push to talk" button. When I am not holding that button, the list disappears and the desktop is "clean". Similarly in the menus of Cliffs, it will do the same.

Whilst in cockpit however, the list remains on screen the whole time so I can see who is in the same TS channel as me...anyone speaking will have their name turn a different colour. Anyone muted etc will be a different colour again etc. All the colours are changeable in the options of course.

I don't use TS for any other game as yet but I bought ARMA 3 (alpha) recently so will be using it for that when I get the time. I would expect it to work for me in that game too now.

I was online last weekend and helped one or two chaps set up their TS Notifier successfully in the ATAG help channel, so the "fixes" that work for me have also apparently worked elsewhere too. Really sorry It isn't of more help to your situation mate, good luck.

EDIT: I have the free version of TS ... didn't even know there was a paid version to be honest LOL.

:thumbsup:

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-27-2013, 20:17
Hey Naz, does your notifier work everywhere or just in game?
Does it matter if you have the free version or paid version of Teamspeak?
This problem is like a Chinese finger trap, I'm going to learn everyone's voice before I solve this one.

All the more reason to have a second monitor. Soon.

Thanks again.

Hi DRock,

I've been using a 2nd monitor for a long time now. It is handy. I keep TS on it - it's amazingly easy to see who's speaking with your peripheral vision (we're speaking inches, here! LOL), plus you get to easily see and keep track who's logging in and out of TS. I also monitor my GPU load (EVGA graph), plus CPU info, too. Monitors can be had for really cheap these days, since a high end one isn't needed for this. :thumbsup:

Redeye
Mar-29-2014, 19:43
Hi Naz, Drock,

Afraid I got the same problem as Drock. Got the overlay everywhere except when in the cockpit. What I noticed is that in the gamesettings.ini the entry for launcher.exe appeared.

Running windows 8.1.

Thanks Redeye.

ATAG_Naz
Mar-30-2014, 08:40
Hey Redeye

Sorry for delayed response mate, I've only just seen this older thread resurrected. Not much I can do to assist I'm afraid.... There are so many different people who get different issues with the various overlays...one works for one person but not for someone else as this thread attests.
:smash:

I am currently using the overlay that came with TF v4.0 ... And since it works I haven't tried the others again. Previously I was able to get TSNotifier working but not the native TS one all the time. I haven't tried the overwolf one that comes with TS now either.

Perhaps give the TF one a go, instructions are somewhere in the read me for v4.0 I think or maybe in the download itself (sorry I can't remember). It won't work with the new version of TS though so that's why I haven't upgraded to the latest version of TS.

I use win 7 64 bit too, so again, I'm not really across Win 8.

Really sorry I've not been more helpful mate. Next time we are in the server together I'd be happy to drop into a sub TS channel and see if we can get the TF overlay working for you if you'd like.
:salute:

Pirabee
Jun-08-2014, 07:28
Dear ATAG_Bliss,

Do help a brova here, please. I dunno where to find this "gamesettings.ini (in tsnotifier there's an option for "edit gamesettings.ini)". You see, I'm not very good at tinkering with PCs, so a gentle guidance about where to find it will be much appreciated.

Note, please, that I've downloader the notifier already just as you advised. I've checked in the Steamapps and TFs Cliffs of Dover folders without success. Thanks, mate.

Oh, and I use Windows 8 64bit.

Pirabee.

Vadr
Aug-05-2014, 21:34
Works great. Thanks! :)

Continu0
Aug-06-2014, 02:52
Works great. Thanks! :)

What TS-Version are you using? The latest one?

Vadr
Aug-06-2014, 19:19

Avmandgi
Aug-12-2014, 14:21
So I setup the Notifier yesterday and the overlay worked on my Windows desktop, but in CloD it didn't show up. I edited the .ini file and restarted all of the programs. (CloD, TS and Notify) but could not get it to pop up. I'm on the newest version of TS3. (3.0.16) Anyone else having this issue?

III./ZG76_Saipan
Aug-12-2014, 14:23
So I setup the Notifier yesterday and the overlay worked on my Windows desktop, but in CloD it didn't show up. I edited the .ini file and restarted all of the programs. (CloD, TS and Notify) but could not get it to pop up. I'm on the newest version of TS3. (3.0.16) Anyone else having this issue?

i stayed with an older ver of ts3. i also made a new info window and used the overlay thats in the the TF mod.

Avmandgi
Aug-12-2014, 14:27
i stayed with an older ver of ts3. i also made a new info window and used the overlay thats in the the TF mod.

Unfortunately the only download available on the TeamSpeak site is the newest. So no going back for me now... What is this overlay built into the TF mod? Are there instructions somewhere for this?

{EDIT} Ok I found this post on another forum:

http://dangerdogz.com/forums/topic/11246-teamspeak-overlay/

to install the team fusion TS overlay plugin you must 1st find the DLLs in your game installation folder. I found mine in the folder...
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover\TeamSpeak Integration Plugin
contained in this folder are 2 DLLs...
CLOD TeamSpeak Integration Plugin32.dll
CLOD TeamSpeak Integration Plugin64.dll
copy these 2 files into your TeamSpeak plug in folder, I found this by right hand clicking the TeamSpeak shortcut on my desktop and then left click on open file location and look for the plugin folder, mine was in ..
C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamSpeak 3 Client\plugins\
open the plugins folder and copy and paste both the "CLOD TeamSpeak Integration Plugin32.dll" and "CLOD TeamSpeak Integration Plugin64.dll" files in your TeamSpeak plugins folder.

Anyone know if this works?

III./ZG76_Saipan
Aug-12-2014, 14:49
go into the game, edit your info window (i think its its alt right click), you should see TS overlay on the right.....move it to the middle. personally i would make a new window and edit that one.

Falco
Aug-15-2014, 12:03
I got my Clod overlay working using ts3 version 3.0.12 But now I'm getting this message every time I start it up, I would like to use this version, any ideas how to reset the settings files?11078

PanTast
Sep-27-2014, 09:57
DonĀ“t forget to assign a window to display the overlay:

bigj73nsb
Oct-06-2014, 22:48

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/8366/32156392.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/28/32156392.jpg/)

I'm having some issues with running TS notifier. I tried to open it straight up and as admin, but I get the same issue even after I uninstalled and reinstalled it...

b0czek
Jan-10-2015, 04:44
Is there any 'procedure' how to make TSNotifier runing smothly?

I've got Win764. After I configured TSNotifier I was able to see who's talking and entering tschannel. But currently it is some tricky to get it working and game freezes sometimes (I added sweetfx recently - is it possible they confilict somehow? )

I thought that I should have CloD and TS3 running and than TSNotifier, but it freezes CloD or makes it unresponsive for a few minutes and no overlay.

Yesterday after some tries I tried following TS3 and TSNotifier and than CloD and it worked. However I do not know whether it will work today/tomorrow. I like this feature but 30 minutes for trying and trying sounds like time wasting.
Is there golden rule to have it working all the times (lets say within 5 minutes)? :)

DD_Crash
Jan-10-2015, 12:38
TS Overlay works now. At least it dose in HSFX1946, so it should work with Cliffs.

Trackingbear
Jun-06-2015, 13:24
Hi All

After a week of trying to make TSNotifer work, I have given up. The Bad news. Tried TS BeaClaw with same results. More bad news.

Then I went to Overwolf again (Been there done that already), It workds for knowing who is talking while in game.

After instaling and running overweolf, I clicked on the teamspeak Icon on the overwolf icon. (Teramspeak must be on) Then you must turn TS notifications on by clicking on it. A panel will appear on your desk top you can move anywere. Now go into the game. Go to alt Tab and back to the desktop. Touch the info screen to TS notifications and it will be in your game. Have fun.

Sabrefly
Apr-21-2020, 16:01
Hi All

After a week of trying to make TSNotifer work, I have given up. The Bad news. Tried TS BeaClaw with same results. More bad news.

Then I went to Overwolf again (Been there done that already), It workds for knowing who is talking while in game.

After instaling and running overweolf, I clicked on the teamspeak Icon on the overwolf icon. (Teramspeak must be on) Then you must turn TS notifications on by clicking on it. A panel will appear on your desk top you can move anywere. Now go into the game. Go to alt Tab and back to the desktop. Touch the info screen to TS notifications and it will be in your game. Have fun.

Is this the only method to have TS overlay showing in the game now?

Thanks.

Dazza
Apr-22-2020, 08:32
Is this the only method to have TS overlay showing in the game now?

Thanks.

I launch TS3 and Notifier as an add on launches automatically. Never had an issue. A great relief because I'm without computer skills !

Daz

Sabrefly
Apr-22-2020, 11:36
I launch TS3 and Notifier as an add on launches automatically.
Daz

Daz, could you elaborate on what you said?

Thank you.

Dazza
Apr-22-2020, 12:45
Daz, could you elaborate on what you said?

Thank you.

Honestly I can't recall what I did when I installed all this years ago. Looking at TS3 under Tools - Options there is 'Addons'. Along the top is the 'Plugins' tab. TSNotifier Helper Plugin is Enabled in that list.

If I recall I downloaded notifier and installed it separately then this 'enable' option makes Notifier launch automatically when Teamspeak launches. I pretty well guarantee I did this by following a tutorial, most likely on this forum. I'm really not computer literate hehe.

Everybody's system is different and some have issues with overlays. Some launch their TS after CLOD, but I've not found any issues launching it 1st. I believe some have conflict issues with other overlays running together but I don't have anything running other than TS with Notifier.

Daz

ATAG_Highseas
Apr-22-2020, 13:13
I use it. Have done for ages.

And recently reinstalled. (Last week as it goes)
I followed the directions that Bliss gave right at the beginning of this tread as i had forgotten what to do.

Works flawlessly.

I have ts notifier set to start with teamspeak. It is one of its options.

Works great.

Sabrefly
Apr-23-2020, 17:42
Sounds like a very handy tool.

Thanks!

ATAG_Highseas
Apr-23-2020, 18:02
It is very good.

The main thing to get it working is to add the cliffs launcher.exe into the list of the .ini file of ts notifier.

It is detailed how to do that in the early posts in this thread

This whole thread should probably be culled just to the first page of posts!

Still.... its nice to chat :D