PDA

View Full Version : Can we just give BOS a "Fair Go" ?

jaydee
Nov-02-2013, 04:55
Some are goin to accuse me of being a "fanboy". I don't give a rats !
The Sim is not released yet....Early access is not the way I would like it but I suck it up !....Mid-week is not "convenient" for the guy who works "9-5" in Oklahoma ! He can fly only between 7pm and 9pm Saturday after he put his kids to bed !..What a Bummer !
What about the guy in Rome,Argentina,Russia,Australia,Europe,Japan that works shifts and has mid week to play !..The sense of Entitlement expressed by some is just "boring" !....And the whining "hard-done by" attitude seems to be on every forum !
How may times in our "Real Lives" have we paid for something that let us down ? Movies,Food,Clothes,Phone plans,Insurance,Services we paid for and didn't get !.......We have all paid out money and felt "Robbed" in Real life !
This is a game that hasn't been released yet !
As we say in OZ,"Lets give it a "Fair Go" !"
And if you feel you have been "cheated'" after it released !....Go to the Bannana Forums and pour your heart out about "How you have been Wronged" !
If I am not happy with it I will just un-install it (like I did with WT) and feel lucky to have COD TF 4 !
~S~ to all !:recon:

bongodriver
Nov-02-2013, 05:20
BoS is going to happen no matter what people say on forums, I think people have a right to express concern and I think the development team themselves did a fair job of explaining why they have done what they have done and in fairness there was even an apology, what is not right are the members of the community that attack anyone who is less than overwhelmingly ecstatic and is probably what breeds the most resentment towards BoS, 777 are victims of their own community.

All said and done though it really was a major clanger, 90% of premium pre-orders were unpleasantly surprised by the conditions of early release, 10% simply chose to donate their first born child no matter what they are told.

Revvin
Nov-02-2013, 07:22
The reaction to the early access announcement was down to 777 not making it clear right for the start that this early access would be very limited. I expressed my disappointment on their forums but it's not a deal breaker for me but they should have been more open with their plans right at the start of the pre-order phase and that's why people got angry. As Bongo says what didn't help was members being attacked for expressing that view by other members. On top of that posts just got deleted by mods but then the same thing happens on the ED forums so 1C/777 don't have a monopoly there.

9./JG52 Ziegler
Nov-02-2013, 08:45
It's human nature to expect more but I understand that this early access is being highly controlled and i can't say I would do it any different. No one was promised early access to a finished product and this one is only 30% wip. I'm good with it and for my "premium" price, I got a discount on two additional planes and whatever access I get. We get to experiance the process of testing and how that effects change. :thumbsup:
Check out the other thread for a funny whinging parody.
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6576&page=3

bongodriver
Nov-02-2013, 10:15
That's sort of the point, early premium buyers are getting a slight discount only, most people were being encouraged to buy it on the basis of early access without being told the limitations of that access, so the complaints are valid.

dburne
Nov-02-2013, 10:34
what is not right are the members of the community that attack anyone who is less than overwhelmingly ecstatic and is probably what breeds the most resentment towards BoS, 777 are victims of their own community.

* deleted rest of post*

But I am so loving Cliffs of Dover now!! These forums are awesome!

Old_Canuck
Nov-02-2013, 11:24
This is a game that hasn't been released yet !

This comment really stands out considering that many BoS apologists who are now busy supporting the BoS project are the same blokes who were busy trashing a sim on banana forum that wasn't even released yet.

ChiefRedCloud
Nov-02-2013, 11:39
Well my meager 2 cents is that BoS is what it is and it will get it's day in the sun, eventually. There are arguments on both sides of the fence as to whether it will be good or bad or worth the money. To this I say, To Each his/hers Own. I have my thoughts but since I don't need to vent or nor do I have a direct issue with BoS or it's release, I will not say much on the subject.

But there are facts that support that BoS will be limited in many ways. You want them just do a search in the ATAG forums. They're there. Bottom line is if you play it and like it, fantastic. If you play it and don't like it, be objective and use details not hyperbole that boarders on slander just because your unhappy.

Feed back, whether used or not, is helpful. Angry retorts because YOU are unhappy at YOUR choice in a sim, is NOT productive nor do many here want to here it. Yes YOU have a right to voice your opinion. Just have the good grace to understand once you've had your say, let it be.

Some of you may remember, though it was pretty insignificant, that I complained WAY back about 1C talking about controllable ground vehicles for CloD. I said I had bough a Flight Sim and NOT a ground sim. So why, I asked, was 1C squandering their time and resources on bull. I said it once and then let it go. It was not my place to beat this community over the head with my moans and such.

So, by all means, have your say but respect others here too.

And if the shoe fits, then wear it. If not, disregard this message, please.

Revvin
Nov-02-2013, 12:20
It's human nature to expect more but I understand that this early access is being highly controlled and i can't say I would do it any different. No one was promised early access to a finished product and this one is only 30% wip. I'm good with it and for my "premium" price, I got a discount on two additional planes and whatever access I get. We get to experiance the process of testing and how that effects change. :thumbsup:
Check out the other thread for a funny whinging parody.
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6576&page=3

I based my expectations on having been involved in a few flight sim alpha and beta tests, none of which were as limited as this one hence my disappointment. They really should have made it clear right at the start of pre-orders how they would handle the early access because while people didn't expect a finished product they did not expect such limited access. To limit it to mid week severely cuts down the amount of hours players will be able to play the sim and provide feedback. If someone thinks they have found a bug, you'd want to try and replicate it before reporting it or if its a sound of video issue try and see if its a driver issue on your PC before trying again but if that happens late on Thursday night then you have to wait till next Tuesday to try and replicate it. This early access might give them some feedback on how the sim runs on different systems but as far as feedback on flight models and ballistics (when we finally get some guns) will be limited. People pre-ordering expected more, and that expectation was not unrealistic.

Chivas
Nov-02-2013, 15:11
This comment really stands out considering that many BoS apologists who are now busy supporting the BoS project are the same blokes who were busy trashing a sim on banana forum that wasn't even released yet.

+1

I've supported BOS financially, and see no reason why the decent BOS development team can't correct many of the issues the ROF game engine has. That said the COD game engine, proven by TF, has so much more potential already built into the engine, that so many in the community couldn't, or wouldn't see, while they spammed the forums with their trash. I have my issues with Jason, but just regard him as a talking head, and will wait and see what the team in Russia can produce.

Jaws
Nov-02-2013, 15:25
Over dramatized answer here.roflmao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1FFVWEQnSM

I think, right now, we, combat flight sim community, are being "reeducated" to want less for more, to enjoy the game the way it makes most money for the producers, because the bogie man is just behind the door. Just imagine what would happen if they didn't make a ww2 combat flight sim for us. We owe them, right? Forget about normal, fair practices in the entire gaming world. We have to be punished and milked, because we are ww2 sim fans.
We are reminded this so often (and asked for more money immediately after) that already sounds like a broken record.

Actually the ww2 combat flight sim will never die. It's the niche in the genre that will always have customers willing to pay for a good product. And I may add, will always have companies willing to fight for the chance to make that next ww2 sim.
Looking at the reaction in that other forum, in the last two weeks, I think we deserve to be milked for the next ten years.

Archie
Nov-02-2013, 16:19
One things for sure, its gonna get real expensive, real quick...

gavagai
Nov-03-2013, 07:27
I think, right now, we, combat flight sim community, are being "reeducated" to want less for more, to enjoy the game the way it makes most money for the producers, because the bogie man is just behind the door. Just imagine what would happen if they didn't make a ww2 combat flight sim for us. We owe them, right? Forget about normal, fair practices in the entire gaming world. We have to be punished and milked, because we are ww2 sim fans.
We are reminded this so often (and asked for more money immediately after) that already sounds like a broken record.

And I think it is a smokescreen perpetuated by certain developers who want to be beyond criticism. "Support us because you will have nothing if we don't get our way." The actual list of contemporary WW2 combat flightsims/games right now is pretty good, even comparable to the late 1990s. Some are still in development, but by this time next year it will be:

Warthunder
DCS WW2
BOS
Clod

and if you want a mmog there is Aces High 2.

dburne
Nov-03-2013, 08:31
And I think it is a smokescreen perpetuated by certain developers who want to be beyond criticism. "Support us because you will have nothing if we don't get our way."

I hate to admit it, but I am getting a sense of that now as well - at least that is the perception I am getting. And I am pretty sure someone once said, "Perception is greater than reality"...

All I will say now is thank goodness for Cliffs of Dover, ATAG, and TF.
I am so loving it now, and it will be keeping my limited flight simming time occupied very nicely for the next several months at least.