PDA

View Full Version : Nightfighter missions

keeno
Nov-03-2013, 09:47
Hi all,

I enjoy turning the lights off in the room and playing the odd nightfighter mission, but the enemy bomber rear gunners seem to be equiped with nightvision goggles and laser accurate guns. Even when approaching from behind and below to blend in with the ground they open fire at extreme ranges and with deadly accuracy.

which AI skills slider positions could anyone suggest for something like realistic nightfighting in FMB.

Cheers.

bolox
Nov-03-2013, 11:09
I would recommend setting the skill levels for the gunners to lowest for vision and awareness at the very least, aerial gunnery fairly low if not all the way down.
Also try to avoid large groups of bombers- the crossfire is murder with slower nightime approaches.
Pilot skill can be whatever is needed for the mission- higher flying skill levels will lead to weaving

It is still a problem that AI can see at night and through clouds so I don't think you will get perfect results, but hopefully you will get something playable

keeno
Nov-03-2013, 11:29
Thanks for the reply Bolox,

I followed one of the tutorials for creating weather fronts yesterday and it was really good cool with TF4.0, as long as I didn't have more than a few planes flying, i really need a PC overhaul! The next step is to conquer triggers, i'm clueless, i could do with a youtube tutorial but the only one i've seen is frenchor italian i think. i prefer the videos rather than reading a set of instructions.

i do enjoy the night flying with the lights in the room off and the headphones turned up, that moment you get hit by flak or an unseen enemy i jump out of my skin and have to peel myself off the ceiling.

i can't wait until TF fix the AI flying into the ground bug and hopefully fix the AI commands.

Thanks again for the tips, i'm gonna give it a swirl.

Cheers.

bolox
Nov-03-2013, 15:03
The next step is to conquer triggers, i'm clueless, i could do with a youtube tutorial but the only one i've seen is frenchor italian i think. i prefer the videos rather than reading a set of instructions.

can't think of a video for this I'm afraid- to me text is a better way of learning this stuff- everyone's different. I can try to help with text tho- they are fairly easy