PDA

View Full Version : Parachute not opening everytime I bail.

Cujo
Nov-03-2013, 21:29
Does not matter if Im at 3000 or 20000ft. I think I bailed over 10 times since the patch has been released and died every time . What am i missing?

1lokos
Nov-03-2013, 21:34
Perhaps pilot in mission dont have parachute...

In the QM - "Bomb Intercept - London" parachute fail 100% of time. And in mission file "Parachute" are ticked.

If online I dont know. :)

Sokol1

Salmo
Nov-03-2013, 21:35
Does not matter if Im at 3000 or 20000ft. I think I bailed over 10 times since the patch has been released and died every time . What am i missing?

OK, time to fess-up. Who in TF removed Cujo's ripcord? :devilish:

ATAG_JTDawg
Nov-03-2013, 22:00

Cujo , just for giggles , do you have 1 on with your flight suit ? :devilish: or quit getting shot down

Roblex
Nov-04-2013, 02:43
There is a random chance that your chute might fail every now and again but I don't think it is more than 1 in 10.

Did you actually hit the ground ten times out of ten or decide it had failed and despawn? I often hear people complain their chute has failed then when they get nearer the ground it opens. It wont open high up or you might be left dangling for a long time.

SoW Reddog
Nov-04-2013, 06:59
I had this when I first started playing. My Parachute NEVER opened on ATAG. I then when to my character screen, and added a parachute to my avatar. Now, my parachute does open.

I'm pretty sure the two are totally NOT connected, but that's what worked for me.

ATAG_Lolsav
Nov-04-2013, 07:03
As Roblex stated, you cannot hit escape until the pilot hits the ground or pull the ripcord to know if he bailed safely. If you hit escape once you bailed out it will give you a death automatically.

9./JG52_J-HAT
Nov-04-2013, 07:12
You know the parachute hasn't opened for sure because the little pilot starts flapping (more like moving randomly, really) his arms violently after he tries to pull the cord and it doesn't work.
It used to never work with me and I decided I would never bail out again. But sometimes it is hard not to bail out (AC on fire, for example) and recently it has worked everytime I tried.

This is important for Campaigns, like SoW, where if your parachute does not open, you simply die... It shouldn't fail that often.

322SQN_Dusty
Nov-04-2013, 08:18
I believe that at first no chute for your pilot built also meant that you had no chute in game online nor offline. I don't know if it helps or not....when bailing after had a little freefall..i'm frantic hitting bail again till it opens....or not...

Mattias
Nov-04-2013, 11:35
I had this when I first started playing. My Parachute NEVER opened on ATAG. I then when to my character screen, and added a parachute to my avatar. Now, my parachute does open.

I'm pretty sure the two are totally NOT connected, but that's what worked for me.

:salute:

I'm pretty sure it IS connected :)

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Nov-04-2013, 14:53
Yes, you need to have a parachute in your Pilot options.

Also how you bailout has a large factor in the chances of the parachute opening.

If you bailout at higher speeds, in a steep dive, etc. your parachute may not open.

Best way to bailout is at the top of a 45 degree zoom, when the aircraft is traveling quite slow, roll over and bailout.

Cujo
Nov-04-2013, 20:16
I do wait patiently for the the "splat" while tumbling through the air every time. I do not hit escape bufor that. :)

Cujo
Nov-04-2013, 20:20
Yes, you need to have a parachute in your Pilot options.

Also how you bailout has a large factor in the chances of the parachute opening.

If you bailout at higher speeds, in a steep dive, etc. your parachute may not open.

Best way to bailout is at the top of a 45 degree zoom, when the aircraft is traveling quite slow, roll over and bailout.

Oops. I thought only the japaniese pilots had that option. It think I need to look at my gear before I strap in next time. Thanx Buzz

Cujo
Nov-05-2013, 00:09
Cujo , just for giggles , do you have 1 on with your flight suit ? :devilish: or quit getting shot down

Yes that did it JT :doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Nov-05-2013, 00:29
Cujo's tale:

:flying2:

:skydive:

:yikes:

:S

:no:

whaa

:bricks:

:wings:

Mad G
Nov-10-2014, 01:20
Over water my chutes always open..but on land it donĀ“t, mainly RAF pilots. How come?

ATAG_Lolsav
Nov-10-2014, 06:55
My personnal experience leads me to think you have to make sure your aicraft hit the ground/water before you get to open chute altitude. In 10 bails i jump ive had 0,5 where the ripcord doesnt work.