PDA

View Full Version : BoS update 1/11/2013 (or 11/1/2013 if you prefer)

Skoshi_Tiger
Nov-04-2013, 03:18
BoS's Friday update has been released.

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/168-developer-diary/#entry43941

Just a little disappointed with the lack of weapons for the first few weeks of the early access.

"The first session will include the LaGG-3 and a 500x50km test map. The general Stalingrad map will be finished by January. For the first 2-3 weeks all aircraft are going to have no weaponry, so you’ll need to concentrate on piloting, game settings, input settings and game performance on your PCs."

[I think that should be a 50X50km test map??????]

I guess it's the developers prerogative to release as much as they want, when they want, but we've seen the guns fire in one of the early live streams (even though it was by accident) so I wonder at the rationale behind the decision.

Even if they had released Nerf guns ( that did no actual damage) it still would have been something.

Cheers!

=BKHZ=Furbs
Nov-04-2013, 05:32
Ive had to dial back my excitement a fair bit and get realistic, im a bit disappointed too, but after thinking about it and how long the devs have had to get this far and how long this is before release, i understand now why we are getting this much and why its limited.

Can you imagine what CLOD and ROF would of been like to try and play 6 months before release? after thinking that, im not as surprised at what we will get to try in a few days time. Maybe we should of all thought about this a bit more.

Its more disappointing for the guys who will struggle to get on in the week at all, nobody can deny that, but i hope it will be worth it in the end, i think it will be.

Headshot
Nov-04-2013, 07:35
I'm with you Furb's , turning down the excitement a bit. I would be happy to wait another 6 months if it will means a better game and more importantly less reason for complaints. I may try and get online for the trial just to have a gander. As you said ST, planes will be unarmed (disappointing) a bit like a toothless tiger(pun intended ST). But I think we are pretty lucky to have new life with COD. We will get to Stalingrad eventually (the less "are we there yet" the better).

Revvin
Nov-04-2013, 07:55
Perhaps if they had just made an announcement that they were a little behind schedule and needed to delay by a month would have been better. Maybe they expected to be further along in development by now but felt like they had to stick to the previously announced schedule with support for DCS WWII growing?

9./JG52 Ziegler
Nov-04-2013, 08:00
I don't think they are behind schedule. I think they are allowing controlled access to the process of creating a flightsim.
I think you'll find that (as it progresses) they are able to take the focussed info they collect from the access and apply it with considerable effect. :thumbsup: