PDA

View Full Version : f8.6

III./ZG76_Saipan
Nov-04-2013, 18:28
whats the brit army arty location?? any more details, very hard to find. thanks

9./JG52_J-HAT
Nov-05-2013, 05:44
Hey Saipan,

I take you are talking about the winter map mission with the forward airfield at Littlestone.

The arty is located around a couple of houses in the grid sector. It is just 4 guns, a tank and a couple of bofors IIRC. They are kind of hidden between thetwo houses and some trees. On both sides of it. If you fly relatively low it is easy to see. If I remeber well, the position is to the east of the squared piece of river that comes down from that main river that goes from east to west at the northern part of the penninsula.

III./ZG76_Saipan
Nov-05-2013, 10:10
awesome thanks, so close to lympne its hard to take time to do a search. ive had no luck. ill try to find them...

CanvasKnight
Nov-07-2013, 22:32
I have another question regarding that mission. I found the F8.6 target from the axis perspective, but when I fly as the Allies on that mission I can't seem to find the supply train objective that is southwest of Saint Mary's Bay. I assumed that I was looking for an actual train, so I've been following the railroad tracks that go through littlestone airfield and farther south, and have had no luck finding it. Several maps it has been the last red objective left with nobody able to find it. Has anyone managed to destroy this target?

Roblex
Nov-08-2013, 05:23
I have another question regarding that mission. I found the F8.6 target from the axis perspective, but when I fly as the Allies on that mission I can't seem to find the supply train objective that is southwest of Saint Mary's Bay. I assumed that I was looking for an actual train, so I've been following the railroad tracks that go through littlestone airfield and farther south, and have had no luck finding it. Several maps it has been the last red objective left with nobody able to find it. Has anyone managed to destroy this target?

I believe that it is actually referring to the scattered group of vehicles in a field. Look for a brown square field South of the airfield and between that and the river is a bunch of vehicles. Unfortunatelyit is very hard to see if you have hit them; last time I resorted to driving a tank down to check :-)

CanvasKnight
Nov-08-2013, 17:41
Hmm, it might be. I destroyed that objective as well, one time with some strafing, and another with a tank, and if I remember right the objective that was counted as completed was the "Destroy beachhead supplies." It might be the supply train. I'll try to verify it the next time I play on that map and see if we can roll it this time.

III./ZG76_Saipan
Nov-10-2013, 18:46
brit arty in f8.6 is extremely hard to see. even flying at 50m u can barely see it.

9./JG52_J-HAT
Nov-10-2013, 19:17
The problem is they are hidden between trees and the houses, so you don't see them from every angle. And you can only attack them from two directions, otherwise there is no way to aim at them. It is a fun challenge, though.