PDA

View Full Version : Do17 bombs

keeno
Nov-05-2013, 06:40
Hi all,

I'm trying to create a nightfighter mission using Do17's attacking british airfields at night and having Blenheim NF interception. how do i load the unflyable Do17 with bombs?. they fly over the field but drop nothing and return to base.

I love this game so much but it really tests my patience sometimes!

Any ideas.

Cheers

SoW Reddog
Nov-05-2013, 07:43
You need an area attack waypoint voer the target, and in the properties of the airgroup, under weapons you'll see a button which accesses the loadout screen. Sorry, I can't be more help as I'm at work right now, but if you're still stuck tonight I'll take some screenies for you.

keeno
Nov-05-2013, 09:29
Cheers Reddog,

I've got the Do17's scheduled to "ground attack" the target. I've tried their loadout as default and custom in FMB but the window that opens says bomb bay "empty", hence (i guess) they overfly the target and then fly home. Screenies would be great thanks. Next question, once i get them to drop bombs, if I add "search lights around the target area will the automatically come "on" as the enemy approaches?

Thanks for the help.

SoW Reddog
Nov-05-2013, 10:04
OK. I'll do it when I get home for you. Can't remember the exact layout of the screen off the top of my head lol.

As for searchlights, no idea. I haven't used them. I know there's a few tutorials out there for them though. Search for "Cliffs of dover fmb searchlights" or similar and you'll probably get a link to the old "banana" forums.

keeno
Nov-05-2013, 14:48
Cheers bud,

I did search for searchlights but the only references I could find were from old patches before TF. I know someone (heinkill?) has released a night mission using searchlights, I'll checkout how they did it, (i can't use scripts or triggers).

If you could help me out with the DO17 bomb thing that'd be great.

Finally, where does the term "banana forum" come from and what does it mean?

Thanks again.

Cybermat47
Nov-05-2013, 16:05
Damn, I haven't got access to my computer right now, but I'll help you out as much as I can. On the properties tab, near the loadout options, there should be a button saying something like 'customise' or something like that. Click on it, and change the front and rear bombbays to the desired bombload. Then save it as '1'.

bolox
Nov-05-2013, 16:29
One thing springs to mind- are you putting in a waypoint before the bombing one (not including the 'spawn point')?.
And of course you need to put some bombs on it:D :- select the properties tab for the Do17. > group properties tab- go to the 'weapon set' box and to the right is a square box- click it, scroll down and select a bomb bay, open drop menu, scroll down and select a bomb load, click save as- fill in a name, click yes, click ok on weapon set box, save mission.

searchlights do not need scripts or trigger- they do need a generator and and an AI anti air cpp linked together- possibly the easiest to find would be to copy the new night quick missions(032 or 033) from @ your install/parts/bob/mission/quick back to your mission folder in my docs and open up with fmb

Bannana forum
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=189
It's yellow and in the past some of the posters there might have been somewhat bannanas:-P

keeno
Nov-05-2013, 16:45
Thanks for all of the above guys,

just on "nights" at the mo, gonna give it a try tomorrow afternoon. Another thing, the night time clouds look really "white" is there any way to make them as realistic as the day time clouds but with night time colouring etc. I realise its detail but thats me.

cheers again for the fast and informative responses.

keeno
Nov-06-2013, 14:52
Cheers bolox,

I got the search lights to work, its a bit of a chew around but it does work, a bit buggy when viewed from outside as the lights shine threw the planes, but hey.

Also I got the Do17's loaded with bombs. Curiously the lead bomber opened its bomb bay doors and dropped its ordanance right on target BUT the rest of the bomber force didn't open their bomb bay doors, didn't drop any bombs and continued to fly back to base, any ideas why? I loaded the Do17's up in the "group properties" tab so I thought the bomb load would apply to all bombers.

Also, I've got the weather fronts sussed out based on other threads so thats good.

Its shocking really that this game is a few years old now and the original developers never got around to putting out a concise FMB document as they said they would in the instructions that was shipped with the game. There's so much content in the FMB but a lot seems to be unfamiliar or deosn't work as it should.

I wonder if TF has plans to get the FMB working correctly in the future or concentrate more on online missions.

Once again thanks for you help, I'm sure it won't be the last.

bolox
Nov-06-2013, 16:03
I got the search lights to work, its a bit of a chew around but it does work, a bit buggy when viewed from outside as the lights shine threw the planes, but hey.

change effects to high in graphics settings - this will cure this

Bombs- another known issue

weather-:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

fmb- yes- there are things that are on (a very long) list.
A manual would be nice- a job for someone who can write well (ie not me:-P)- but hey it's a 100 times easier than the ME in another sim:wf:

keeno
Nov-06-2013, 17:05
Thanks for the reply bolox,

are you saying that there is no way to get my Do17's to drop their payload except the lead bomber?

Cheers