PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts about newest version of Original ATAG map/mission

5./JG27Rudelmann
Oct-07-2011, 02:39
Hi Bliss,

Great work constantly evolving the main map. I have a thought and a couple of questions.

First, the thought, your tank targets are too small, or too tightly grouped together. I took the Q12 one out with a single SC250, and the I-16 one I have eliminated with two flights (seems that I'm bouncing uphill, so my bombs were just a hair short of the target). The tanks themselves are in too nice of little boxes, either making more tanks, or simply spreading these out will give teams of bombers a good target to go after, right now, the first bomber can take the whole target and his wingman would be left with nothing to hit.

Now a question (well, kinda a thought too)... Can the briefings give a hint as to what the other side's targets might be? Currently, we see our target, but no peripheral targets and no clue what to defend. I notice a few lone ships running the channel, but haven't attacked them as I don't know if they are targets, or perhaps there for AA.

Will the mission change to a new mission if both targets have been eliminated? Will changing the mission be a map change, or a mission change in same map?

Thanks Bliss!

ATAG_Bliss
Oct-07-2011, 18:59
Hi Bliss,

Great work constantly evolving the main map. I have a thought and a couple of questions.

First, the thought, your tank targets are too small, or too tightly grouped together. I took the Q12 one out with a single SC250, and the I-16 one I have eliminated with two flights (seems that I'm bouncing uphill, so my bombs were just a hair short of the target). The tanks themselves are in too nice of little boxes, either making more tanks, or simply spreading these out will give teams of bombers a good target to go after, right now, the first bomber can take the whole target and his wingman would be left with nothing to hit.

Now a question (well, kinda a thought too)... Can the briefings give a hint as to what the other side's targets might be? Currently, we see our target, but no peripheral targets and no clue what to defend. I notice a few lone ships running the channel, but haven't attacked them as I don't know if they are targets, or perhaps there for AA.

Will the mission change to a new mission if both targets have been eliminated? Will changing the mission be a map change, or a mission change in same map?

Thanks Bliss!

Hi Rudelmann,

Both of the things you bring up are excellent points that need addressed. After continually revising the map, I've found it's best to add stuff slowly and test. For some reason, 1 object or better yet a certain type of object can cause errors for everything. That's one of the reasons the targets have started off small.

The briefing needs to be proper, but I was kinda waiting on the map being proper (several objectives etc for both sides) before adding it. It will happen soon, just been a super busy week :salute:

5./JG27Rudelmann
Oct-07-2011, 19:58
Understood, and trust me, I know how hard it is to create a map/mission. You got the best place for MP for CoD, just thought I'd give you some feedback with what I've seen in the newest tweaks.

ChiefRedCloud
Oct-09-2011, 14:52
Feedback is what makes it better. Thanks Rudelmann, I know yours is valuable. Keep it coming ....... :coolio:

5./JG27Rudelmann
Oct-16-2011, 11:55
Well, after playing the new setup for a few days, I actually think the targets are a bit too spread now. On average, with 250kg bombs, I'm killing 2 tanks per hit, and with the 500kg (Bf-110s) I'm getting maybe 3 tanks.

If its not too much trouble, I'd advise setting the tanks up in densely packed platoons, groups of 4 or 8 (I can't tell how many tanks you actually have at the target, but I'm assuming 20+). That way, it gives the bomber pilot something easier to spot from elevation, and a better chance of getting a solid hit that takes a bunch of targets out, but without the oppurtunity to wipe the entire site out in 1 bomb.

Maybe group them like:

xx xxxx xx
xx xxxx xx
xx xx
xx xx

xx xx
xx xx
xx xxxx xx
xx xxxx xx

Anyways, you get the idea, give them formations, it will look more realistic, and give you both a spread and density to make a more interesting ground target. Also, I'm not sure if they have a skill level or not, but those tanks are more deadly than the AA!! I'm getting shot down on average 60-75% of the time if I glide/skip bomb and get within 300m of them. Dive bombing is safe, but ooooo watch out if you like to come in low! :)

ATAG_Bliss
Oct-16-2011, 15:39
Yeah, I agree with you. Especially considering the blems are very hard to keep running and have a small bomb load.

I'll make some changes. :thumbsup:

5./JG27Rudelmann
Oct-17-2011, 10:39
Btw, just noticed my "graph" of targets didn't work... wierd. Anyways, I thought put them in box formations. If you want to have fun, put a staff car in the middle! ;)