1lokos
Nov-08-2013, 11:04
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJYbOvrKuDs

Tsssssh... ;-)

Sokol1

9./JG52 Jamz Dackel
Nov-08-2013, 11:43
I liked that video a lot...

That for me tells me quite a bit unlike the other stuff they have posted..

Have we been told when the 109 will be available?

Archie
Nov-08-2013, 12:41
No news on the 109.I'm a bit surprised as I thought it would be as ready as the LaGG!

1lokos
Nov-08-2013, 12:43
I suspect that this LaGG use "toe brakes" (0:38). :D

Sokol1

9./JG52 Jamz Dackel
Nov-08-2013, 13:26
I suspect hat this LaGG use "toe brakes" (0:38). :D

Sokol1

haha...dougnuts in the snow = badass

=BKHZ=Furbs
Nov-08-2013, 13:34
Looks superb, ground handling looks spot on and flames spot on and that take off was the best sound ive ever heard for a world war 2 warbird.

Revvin
Nov-08-2013, 14:12
Another really good video, nice lighting and ground handling. As the weeks go by the video's get better and better.

ATAG_NakedSquirrel
Nov-08-2013, 21:38
Kind of wish the engine flames had the same detail as CloD. The engine flames in CloD change color and flicker at different speeds depending on the engine output. It's nice to see how your engine is doing just by peeking out at the exhaust. They also emit a light source in CloD, which it doesn't look like they are doing in the video (after the brief startup flash). I think BoS is using the same kind of lighting as RoF, so the game will be pretty limited on how many light sources it can display at once. Still, flame textures look neat for BoS, especially with startup.

Kling
Nov-08-2013, 23:03
Looks very nice indeed!

Headshot
Nov-09-2013, 00:55
Hard not to like this one. I love the bouncing about when taxiing.

vranac
Nov-09-2013, 06:11
Kind of wish the engine flames had the same detail as CloD. The engine flames in CloD change color and flicker at different speeds depending on the engine output. It's nice to see how your engine is doing just by peeking out at the exhaust. They also emit a light source in CloD, which it doesn't look like they are doing in the video (after the brief startup flash). I think BoS is using the same kind of lighting as RoF, so the game will be pretty limited on how many light sources it can display at once. Still, flame textures look neat for BoS, especially with startup.

They are optimizing everything for entry level PC's without a option to turn it up if you have good one.

EvgenyArephev, on 08 Nov 2013 - 17:47, said:

In my opinion nozzles [ flames]do not have enough anti-aliasing when looking from the cockpit. still eyes will often admire the exhaust, and a little awkward connections spoil the picture. But in general is beautiful, especially in the dynamics on the spread (with external cameras) and night alternating flashes of the same nozzles on the appearance of a very realistic way.

It is not a question of smoothing, is the lack of polygons. And this is, in turn, a consequence of optimization, and then here have to be either cheap or go without them. We save on everything. Objects get as much resources as the time a player looks at them. At about the same texture on one cockpit instrument, painted the whole aircraft wheel. Proper distribution is optimized. At least nothing in a creative profession is as important as the technical skill to do it. Otherwise, problems with performance. With me BF4 produces as much as BoS on the laptop. Dimensions few kilometers to a few matches. and several hundreds of kilometers to hundred of kilometers. They all focus on the detail of this scale. We have about the same but the butter layer is thinner because a piece of bread is bigger.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/776-obsuzhdenie-40-j-chasti-dnevnikov-razrabotchika/page-4&usg=ALkJrhhvhUvsDQZi2105jlQmywQ_ayDIVA#entry85078

And my friend is running CloD on 9800GT and Q6600, very old hardware and he is often on ATAG. It's not perfect, low settings but the game is still looking nice.

http://www.dodaj.rs/f/Q/dH/2mWERzHV/2013-06-2700003.jpg

http://www.dodaj.rs/f/3Y/13d/1ZD0J79P/2013-08-2000001.jpg

gavagai
Nov-09-2013, 08:09
Hard not to like this one. I love the bouncing about when taxiing.

Agreed. That was very believable!

Everyone needs to relax over the graphics and polygon stuff.

dburne
Nov-10-2013, 17:34
I think BoS is using the same kind of lighting as RoF, so the game will be pretty limited on how many light sources it can display at once. Still, flame textures look neat for BoS, especially with startup.

Also BOS not being DX11 may effect it in that department as well. Cliffs is and undoubtedly has better lighting. Considering this though, they do have it looking pretty dang good based on what I have seen so far.

ATAG_NakedSquirrel
Nov-11-2013, 01:05
Also BOS not being DX11 may effect it in that department as well. Cliffs is and undoubtedly has better lighting. Considering this though, they do have it looking pretty dang good based on what I have seen so far.

Lighting on the engine isn't going to be as big of a deal as environment lighting and rendering distances. With RoF, things like spotlights 'pop' up on you, and RoF can currently only handle 20 light sources at once. Hopefully they improve on that.

But also, the detail CloD puts into aspects like the engine flames is unmatched. The flames change size, shape, and color depending on your engine condition and output. You can also damage each individual piston in the engine, look out the cockpit and see the bullet hole in the side of the engine, and the lack of flame from that exhaust pipe. Those kind of dynamics and details are amazing, and it would be great to see that kind of detail put into the CEM, DM, and FM of BoS.

9./JG52 Jamz Dackel
Nov-11-2013, 04:39
Lighting on the engine isn't going to be as big of a deal as environment lighting and rendering distances. With RoF, things like spotlights 'pop' up on you, and RoF can currently only handle 20 light sources at once. Hopefully they improve on that.

But also, the detail CloD puts into aspects like the engine flames is unmatched. The flames change size, shape, and color depending on your engine condition and output. You can also damage each individual piston in the engine, look out the cockpit and see the bullet hole in the side of the engine, and the lack of flame from that exhaust pipe. Those kind of dynamics and details are amazing, and it would be great to see that kind of detail put into the CEM, DM, and FM of BoS.

Not long now and we will be finding out as they introduce more and more stuff..

I'm getting a lil excited now about BoS so hopefully they can produce

LizLemon
Nov-12-2013, 14:02

Clod is using a deferred rendering engine. This has become a rather popular technique in the past few years.

One of the advantages of deferred rendering is the ability to have tons of light sources with very little performance impact. One of the disadvantages is that MSAA is much harder to do.

RoF is a much more traditional forward renderer. You can't have tons of light sources without major performance penalties, but you can get working AA pretty easily.

ATAG_NakedSquirrel
Nov-13-2013, 13:48
Clod is using a deferred rendering engine. This has become a rather popular technique in the past few years.

One of the advantages of deferred rendering is the ability to have tons of light sources with very little performance impact. One of the disadvantages is that MSAA is much harder to do.

RoF is a much more traditional forward renderer. You can't have tons of light sources without major performance penalties, but you can get working AA pretty easily.

That's pretty interesting, thanks for that.