PDA

View Full Version : Team Fusion Friday Update - November 8th 2013 - v5.00 WiP new beginnings ;)

Mysticpuma
Nov-08-2013, 15:58
Hi everyone, welcome to today's Friday update.

Well, it's been a few weeks since Patch v4.00 was released and after some turbulence, it appears most have managed to get it running well on their systems.

During the weeks and months building up to the release, we of-course did our best to catch any major bugs that slipped through and in fairness it seems we didn't do too bad at-all. However there have been a few minor irritations slip through and these will be addressed soon in a Hotfix patch (v4.01) which should make the flying environment a much better experience for those who have had difficulty, especially with the Spitfire mk1a (100) overheating and also the Ai 'lawn-darting' in various missions. These are some of the fixes underway and we intend to get these out to the community as soon as we can (and after being tested of-course).

Then we are on the road to V5.00

Now, as there probably wont be too much to write about in the next 2-3 months, the Friday updates will be made every two-weeks from today. As more work starts to be added/created this will increase back to the weekly update, but until then I would just be padding the information out and that would waste yours and my time, so please expect Friday updates every two-weeks until further notice.

The first of these is a particularly big update (as you'll see) and in two-weeks, it will most likely be just a couple of new screenshots. As more work is done, then I'll be able to share more images, but I thought as this was the first of the "one the way to v5.00" updates, I'd add a reasonable amount of images for you to talk about (hopefully ;) )

V5.00 is already has much WiP in certain areas, some of which we can't reveal for a long time yet but will be very exciting for the community we can promise you that. There are many areas being looked at and addressed at the moment and today I've added a few images looking at a couple of the features that are currently being worked on.

The stock game (and subsequent Official and TF patches) have so-far not added any new shipping although we have shown some early steps into this area. The team have made a lot of headway in being able to import and export models from the game and although it's not a 100% perfect situation just yet, these WiP images should allow you to see the quality of the models and the talent of the modellers involved. These are all WiP and are subject to change, but what you see already works inside CloD and there will be many more variations and objects available as we get further on the way to v5.00 ;)

As well as that, some tweaks are being made to the new map textures we added in V4.00, to improve the visual effect and also add a little variety to the Autumn colours that lack variety at the moment. This isn't due to us not wanting to make an authentic looking Autumn map, it's just it's very much more difficult to edit the trees than we really expected.

We're really happy to see a revitalisation of the CloD community with the release of V4.00 and please believe me when I say, v5.00 is going to be a huge step forward in comparison ;)

For now, enjoy the images. Cheers, MP/TF

Oersted
Nov-08-2013, 16:06
Best Friday update today! :-D

The autumn colours look very good in the first two screenies. I see a difference in them, with the second more green... Intriguing.

The hi-alt screenie of the hedges is the best in the whole bunch for me. Though not showing any details it will be fabulous to actually have hedges in South England, and who knows, perhaps even bocage in France? England will look just right with hedgerows between the fields. Nothing more to ask for, visually, if that one comes through. Dynamically, if hedgerows and trees even get a collision model somewhere down the line, the landscape will be just perfect.

The ship objects look great as well. Will be very nice with a little more variety for our Blenheim missions. We are a little Band of Brothers that like to sink ships with the Blennie... ;-)
The big cruisers look just right for a "Kanalschlacht"!

I will be doing a lot of flying in CoD next week and I hope to get some good footage. 4.00 is just fantastic and 5.00 will be the bomb, but there is no hurry, because as it is the sim is really amazing fun. Thanks so much TF, Mysticpuma and ATAG!

TWC_SLAG
Nov-08-2013, 16:12
Great work. And there's the Rodney sailing along.

Love it,

badfinger

Combat Wombat
Nov-08-2013, 16:25
wouldn't it be nice to surface of a coast in a sub and hammer an airfield ,port,shipping . :salute: thankyou Team Fusion

Oersted
Nov-08-2013, 16:42
I'll prefer to bomb the subs as they sail into Cherbourg!..

rob3rt
Nov-08-2013, 17:04
Thanks for the update Mystic. As usual you (TF) do a sterling job. Two weeks is a long time but I'm sure it will be worth waiting for :coffeeyes: Keep up the good work Team Fusion :salute:

Falco
Nov-08-2013, 18:04
Thanks for the update, you guys are awesome, wish there was more I could do:salute:

ATAG_Snapper
Nov-08-2013, 18:09
Wow, this is a double update with news on 4.01 and 5.00. Bonus! :thumbsup:

Fantastic all the way. My own personal wish is to have the Spit 1a 100 octane get its final tweaks to cure the low alt overheat problem. It's been a long time since Cliffs of Dover was released in March, 2011 and Buzzsaw will be delivering the Spitfire in undisputably the most accurate modelling ever done. (Sorry A2A WoP 3 Spit; the IL2C0D Spit may not have some of the switches or animations that you do...but it has GUNS! :D)

The 5.00 screenshots of the autumn tweaks and hedges (HEDGES!) lining the fields look fabulous. Don't know much about ships, but the drawings and 3D models are stunning. :stunned:

I'm another one that just can't wait for the next update in two weeks. :)

III./ZG76_Saipan
Nov-08-2013, 18:39
uboat looks great, just as good as the SH5 ones.....

vranac
Nov-08-2013, 19:16
Great update :thumbsup:

And submarine we already saw ( without proper skins )) but HMS Nelson/ Rodney is here with nice big cannons :coolio:
Thats great news :thumbsup:

I think you could give us some info about new maps, just to make people confident that this sim is alive as ever.

Mysticpuma
Nov-08-2013, 19:17
Amazing how talented some Team Fusion members are and not all of them are exclusive to just Flight Simming :)

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Nov-08-2013, 19:49
I think you could give us some info about new maps, just to make people confident that this sim is alive as ever.

There WILL be new maps, you can be confident of that... but as to EXACTLY which theater? We have decided that announcement will be best kept a secret till TF 5.0 release day.

Sorry... But it gives you guys lots of time to make your guesses and speculate... ;)

Skoshi_Tiger
Nov-08-2013, 20:00
Thanks for the update!

The work that you guys are doing is great!:)

Cybermat47
Nov-08-2013, 20:46
Are you planning to make more U-boats? It'd be cool to see the Type VIIA, VIIB, and Type II u-boats alongside that type VIIC.

Royraiden
Nov-08-2013, 21:36
There WILL be new maps, you can be confident of that... but as to EXACTLY which theater? We have decided that announcement will be best kept a secret till TF 5.0 release day.

Sorry... But it gives you guys lots of time to make your guesses and speculate... ;)

:thumbsup:

Chivas
Nov-09-2013, 03:30
I never expected that we'd be getting a Friday update so soon. Excellent work gentlemen.

Wolfskid
Nov-09-2013, 04:54
Incredibly beautiful pictures, and a great Friday Update.......

:thumbsup::stunned:

Thank you very much for the News @ Mysticpuma

And a BIG Thanks @ All Mod team members for her great work:salute:

Wolfskid

FAE_Cazador
Nov-09-2013, 04:56
Very nice pictures of the Autumm map, and excellent U-boat and vessels!

I would dare to ask, if it is possible that TF would be working as well to solve 2 problems that have plagued CloD from the very beginning:

1) the pilot-AI comms (AI don't obey many commands you give to them) and
2) the way the Sim manages the Joystick's axis setups (including rotaries and sliders), only allowing to play with deadzone and sensitivity. I mean, something close to the old IL-2 panel of sliders would be great.

Particularly, at least in my X52, I have both pitch and yaw trims assigned to rotaries, but only the central 10% of their span is active and gives you 100% of the trim response, no matter what configuration of deadzone and sensitivity you specify. This makes very difficult to fine trim the plane for hands-free flight, something necessary periodically to recalibrate both compass and setter in long flights.

Thank you very much for your stunning work.

ATAG_Slot
Nov-09-2013, 05:25
Great update MP and everyone connected with TF deserves much thanks and respect.

Fortnightly updates are more than enough and we appeciate your time spent on these.
It will keep everyone in the community eagerly anticipating v5.00.
Slot

Mysticpuma
Nov-09-2013, 05:30
Glad you like the update :)

I should add a small piece of info. To Buzzsaw's reply regarding new maps.
We do mean NEW maps, not just retexturing of the stock CloD map :)

But also need to say that until TF v5.00, no details will be released of which theatre is on the way......damn that's going to be hard to do! It looks so lovely already :)

Cheers, MP

Cybermat47
Nov-09-2013, 05:44
But also need to say that until TF v5.00, no details will be released of which theatre is on the way......damn that's going to be hard to do! It looks so lovely already :)

Cheers, MP

Is it Berlin? I bet it's Berlin...

9./JG52_J-HAT
Nov-09-2013, 06:34
Great update, MP. That submarine looks great, real good.

My guess on the new thater would be sand, Hurricanes, 109E/F/Gs and Spitfires. Maybe P-40? Something in the med? That would be an easier next step without creating lots of new objects from scratch. And from some of the previous updates, sure could be.

9./JG52 Ziegler
Nov-09-2013, 08:01

Excellent!:thumbsup:

rob3rt
Nov-09-2013, 09:01
New maps! This update is getting better every day! :stunned:

Tvrdi
Nov-09-2013, 09:09
what a great update....about new map....I suppose it will be north africa.....

Sandy1942
Nov-09-2013, 09:44
Good fellows of TF! These are excellent news!

Royraiden
Nov-09-2013, 10:20
We already had a few hints that point out where it will go.At least I picked the message:recon:

ATAG_Ribbs
Nov-09-2013, 10:25
Amazing Update TF! I love everything that is going on ! The Ships and U Boat look amazing. Hedgerows Wow! Speculation on a new theater? You definitely know how to we the appetite Mystic... haha LOVE IT! :):thumbsup:

Continu0
Nov-09-2013, 11:40
Could not agree more, best friday update this time!

Any news on the AI- and Gunner-Bug? I hear from a lot of singleplayer-people that they have problems with Desastersoft-Campaigns, which is a big let-down for them...
It would really be great if that could be fixed with 4.01...

Thx!

Attila
Nov-09-2013, 11:50

What a great difference TF! Now I know what I always missed on the maps! The hedges looks amazing!:salute:

Mysticpuma
Nov-09-2013, 12:32
Any news on the AI- and Gunner-Bug? I hear from a lot of singleplayer-people that they have problems with Desastersoft-Campaigns, which is a big let-down for them...
It would really be great if that could be fixed with 4.01...

Thx!

As far as I understand it, the Ai in Desastersoft campaigns suffers from the same problem that the Ai do in patch v4.00, that is that they have difficulty working with the new FM that was introduced. This (and Buzzsaw will correct me if I am.wrong) is one of the fixes in v4.01 so that the Ai no-longer 'lawndarts'.

Sadly many Ai aircraft and pilots have been lost n testing but their sacrifice has been for the greater good ;)

Once fixed the Desastersoft Campaigns should run smoother but as much as we want to accommodate all external devs, we really are more fixed on correcting the issues in the original software. However, if the Ai is fixed for the original, the Desastersoft campaigns should adapt to the new Ai routines and work as well as the stock versions.

Re. The gunners, I think this is being looked at for v5.00. I know that's not as soon as most would like but it's on the list and sadly it's a long list ;)

Regarding the Ai voice commands, that's a personal request of mine too (for our coding gurus) so I'm hopeful of that too.... :)

Cheers, MP

DUI
Nov-09-2013, 12:54
Great update, very promissing news about the future of Cliffs of Dover!

Chivas
Nov-09-2013, 13:24
Malta would probably be the most logical area to map. Maybe include a small part of Sicily, and if we are lucky a snippet of N Africa. Its mostly water, no big cities to model, ships are being modelled, and we already have most of the aircraft.

Continu0
Nov-09-2013, 13:39
Regarding the Ai voice commands, that's a personal request of mine too (for our coding gurus) so I'm hopeful of that too.... :)

Cheers, MP

Oh, good to hear! The Original Version had waay much more radio-comms than the last official version does have... would be nice to see them all running...:D

Thx for the quick reply!

tsanis
Nov-10-2013, 03:38
great update thanks!!!

docthomas67
Nov-10-2013, 04:51
A great update, thanks for your heavy work. I know there are not mutch german Bomberpilots in the Air. Can you take a look at the Lorenz-Blind? I like the Nightmissions. Perhaps, we would see more Bombersquads in CLOD.

Best regards from Bavaria, StG2_Doctom

FAE_Cazador
Nov-10-2013, 05:35

Cheers, MP

Thanks for your reply, MP, as an offliner mostly (unfortunately), I can't wait to see this working properly !

ATAG_Lewis
Nov-10-2013, 06:20
I really wasn't expecting anything....I'm still in awe of 4.00.....altho nice to hear about a fix for Spit !a...I've cooked a few already trying to climb with pesky 109s...

Thanks for the update......~S~

dburne
Nov-10-2013, 08:16
Glad you like the update :)

I should add a small piece of info. To Buzzsaw's reply regarding new maps.
We do mean NEW maps, not just retexturing of the stock CloD map :)

Cheers, MP

Sweet, having just really got into Cliffs in the last couple months or so I am very excited about the future for this great sim with TF's excellent work!

Once fixed the Desastersoft Campaigns should run smoother but as much as we want to accommodate all external devs, we really are more fixed on correcting the issues in the original software. However, if the Ai is fixed for the original, the Desastersoft campaigns should adapt to the new Ai routines and work as well as the stock versions.

Re. The gunners, I think this is being looked at for v5.00. I know that's not as soon as most would like but it's on the list and sadly it's a long list ;)

Cheers, MP

From my (single player) perspective, these two things would be huge for me. I also would love it if ground control could give proper commands regarding takeoff clearance, landing, etc without having to invoke AI control.

Thanks for the great update, looking really good, and thanks so much to TF for all they do for this community!!

Fudge
Nov-10-2013, 08:26
Looking great! Thank you for the updates.

Roblex
Nov-10-2013, 08:47
Thanks for fixing the Autumn map. It is so much more realistic with varied colours. It is also nice to see convoys with more variation.

My guess for the new map is North Africa as we have most of the aircraft already and don't need to build big cities. People will ask for a P40 but it wont stop the map from working.

Malta has a lot going for it, especially for fans of Italian aircraft, but people would be screaming for gladiators from day one so unless they are being worked on in secret I would put this second on the list of probabilities (but first on my wishlist as I hate flying glads anyway :-P ) HMS Illustrious & beauforts would compliment Malta well :-)

Greece would be third most likely as again they used a lot of old aircraft.

Berlin is low on the list as we don't have the planeset for missions deep in Germany.

Bokonon
Nov-10-2013, 09:03
Excellent work Team Fusion, you've worked wonders with this so far. I never expected this after the dissapointment of the final official patch, everything you're doing is moving this in the right direction. Well done to everyone involved and thank-you :-)

steeldelete
Nov-11-2013, 08:36
Yeah! Great work, thanks!

AKA_Knutsac
Nov-11-2013, 10:11
As for the new map, the u-boat color scheme suggests Mediterranean, post September 1941. The light gray with blue mottles or stripes was an attempt to camouflage submerged u-boats in the clear Med. Most (all?) North Atlantic boats were a single, maybe two, shade(s) of gray. Also, while it looks cool, I believe the net cutter at the bow was discontinued or removed by about 1940 or so. And many Med boats also landed the deck gun.

And if I may offer one other bit of constructive advice to the ship skinners, weather the hell out of them. During the war most of these vessels (warships and merchants) were rode hard with little opportunity for maintenance painting. Hulls especially would have running rust, scrapes, faded paint, etc.

You guys are really going above and beyond...thanks for keeping this thing alive!

~S~

AKA Knutsac

I_B_Spectre
Nov-14-2013, 00:42
Long live Team Fusion! You guys continue to amaze. To me, it's provided a basis for trust. If TF says they are working on an improvement, I believe it will happen. I'm sorry I couldn't say the same for the original team because I know they were working under adverse conditions, but they had the advantage of the inside track on coding and a long lead time. What TF has done is nothing short of miraculous and the community is all the better for it. Good on you all, TF.

heinkill
Nov-14-2013, 03:56
There is so much to look forward to. Fantastic work. can't wait to start designing missions and campaigns with the new objects and possibilities in it.

But...can we please get the AI hotfix soon? I know you want to get as much as possible into the hotfix so that you only do one, but it is a real single player game killer right now and such a shame that single players can't enjoy update 4.0 like everyone else.

H

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Nov-14-2013, 05:06
There is so much to look forward to. Fantastic work. can't wait to start designing missions and campaigns with the new objects and possibilities in it.

But...can we please get the AI hotfix soon? I know you want to get as much as possible into the hotfix so that you only do one, but it is a real single player game killer right now and such a shame that single players can't enjoy update 4.0 like everyone else.

H

We're working to get it out ASAP. More issues than we originally thought. :salute:

Blitzen
Nov-14-2013, 10:43
Speechless( except for writing that word!):thumbsup:

heinkill
Nov-14-2013, 11:29
What ship class is in the foreground?

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5625&d=1382695939

H

9./JG52_J-HAT
Nov-14-2013, 11:58
Hey Buzzsaw,

Great to see you are working on the issues that you found. Of course it would have been better to not have found any more issues than you guys originally thought, but seeing you are giving attention to them too is just great! You guys do a terrific job, thank you again.

DUI
Nov-14-2013, 13:03
You guys surely already know but it would be great to have a Vanilla-to-4.01 patch version as well.
This would make it for new users much more convenient to update their CloD version.

ATAG_Lolsav
Nov-14-2013, 13:08
You guys surely already know but it would be great to have a Vanilla-to-4.01 patch version as well.
This would make it for new users much more convenient to update their CloD version.

True Dui, true. In fact just few days ago talking with some old friends from IL2 one of them stated the reason he abandoned the game was precisely because it was too complicated to get all the patches since DVD version + MOD´s. He just quit.

We have a good population of gamers/pilots but as time goes by (and with no offense to anyone) i notice there are more not very savvy persons computer wise than i tought. They want, better saying, they need a straightfoward instalation to get the game running.

Sabrefly
Nov-14-2013, 14:18
Who knows, maybe it'll be a matter of changing just one dll.

Sabrefly.

Wolf
Nov-14-2013, 14:45

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5625&d=1382695939

H

Z class.

ATAG_Colander
Nov-14-2013, 15:23
True Dui, true. In fact just few days ago talking with some old friends from IL2 one of them stated the reason he abandoned the game was precisely because it was too complicated to get all the patches since DVD version + MOD´s. He just quit.

We have a good population of gamers/pilots but as time goes by (and with no offense to anyone) i notice there are more not very savvy persons computer wise than i tought. They want, better saying, they need a straightfoward instalation to get the game running.

If time permits, there will be an autodownloader/autoupdater available for 5.0. The only problem with this is that it will not work with torrents.

ATAG_Lolsav
Nov-14-2013, 16:05
If time permits, there will be an autodownloader/autoupdater available for 5.0

This would save alot of time to many people, less hassle, less trouble, less misconfigurations = more time to play :)

heinkill
Nov-14-2013, 16:19
Z class.

Yep, thanks!

Wolf
Nov-14-2013, 18:09

Yep, thanks!

This maybe a version coming also ;)

Need to ensure it is not a release post 1940 or people get twitchy.

:salute:

vranac
Nov-14-2013, 18:32

H

HMS Nelson / Rodney http://www.dodaj.rs/f/2a/Fr/35qZo7Hf/2013-10-2500006.jpg

http://www.dodaj.rs/f/1N/12U/1fVlTfoo/2013-10-2500008.jpg

DUI
Nov-14-2013, 19:47
They want, better saying, they need a straightfoward instalation to get the game running.

I wrote this post after I saw your chat message some hours ago in which you instructed a new pilot in how to install the last TF patch (first TF 3.00, then TF 3.01, then TF 4.00).

I also thought that there are some people who generally might have concerns installing non-official patches - and if it is made too complex skip the initial idea completely.
Not sure but if you had not answered the "newbie" so patiently this evening he might have lost interest in TF as well.

varrattu
Nov-15-2013, 04:43
Thanks for the update. :clap: And here a tentative proposal:

Open the floor for a wider active community and invite to create aircraft / scenery patches . There are many positve examples for well-made aircraft / scenery add-ons in FSX, FS2004 & X-Plane and other simmer communities.

Maybe it makes things easier and gives TF more time for other things ...

Regards ~V~

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Nov-15-2013, 05:45
Thanks for the update. :clap: And here a tentative proposal:

Open the floor for a wider active community and invite to create aircraft / scenery patches . There are many positve examples for well-made aircraft / scenery add-ons in FSX, FS2004 & X-Plane and other simmer communities.

Maybe it makes things easier and gives TF more time for other things ...

Regards ~V~

You can do this now on your own. The means to mod the game are out there for anyone who cares to do a little searching.

And while we have no problem with other mod teams working on creating their own project, for the purposes of Team Fusion, we need a group of very experienced people who will work together towards specific goals and according to specific timetables. We don't want an uncoordinated series of mods done to different standards and to different priorities.

Everything which we as a team have done has been according to a structure set up after analyzing the game's failures and setting goals to correct those failures.

As we move past the stage of correcting the original game's bugs and into creating new material, once again, the efforts of the team have to be organized so as to move us all in the same direction.

Opening the mod structure to one which accepts any and all submissions, without regards to goals or standards will lead to a mis-matched set of new objects and elements.

We welcome new members of the team all the time, if anyone feels they can contribute and are willing to work as a member of a team, we'd be happy to hear from them. :salute:

Skoshi_Tiger
Nov-15-2013, 06:45
Z class.

There are still a reasonable number of blokes that march under the "Z class destroyer" banner at ANZAC Day march in Perth. I'll make sure I get a few photo's next April.

Blond
Nov-15-2013, 16:11
If removing 'lawn-darting' means no more - fighters crushing into ground and channel during dogfight:grrr:... it would be great!!!

Tonester
Nov-15-2013, 17:41
You can do this now on your own. The means to mod the game are out there for anyone who cares to do a little searching.

And while we have no problem with other mod teams working on creating their own project, for the purposes of Team Fusion, we need a group of very experienced people who will work together towards specific goals and according to specific timetables. We don't want an uncoordinated series of mods done to different standards and to different priorities.

Everything which we as a team have done has been according to a structure set up after analyzing the game's failures and setting goals to correct those failures.

As we move past the stage of correcting the original game's bugs and into creating new material, once again, the efforts of the team have to be organized so as to move us all in the same direction.

Opening the mod structure to one which accepts any and all submissions, without regards to goals or standards will lead to a mis-matched set of new objects and elements.

We welcome new members of the team all the time, if anyone feels they can contribute and are willing to work as a member of a team, we'd be happy to hear from them. :salute:

Agreed!...remember the shambles that IL2 became once every man and his dog jumped on the modding bandwagon...some great stuff came out...but a whole heap of garbage that clashed with this and that and stuffed up peoples installs...then it all ended up splintering into the different groups...this mob didnt like that mob...this didnt work with that...people began adding rubbish like vietnam era stuff and some evn attempted bloody star wars rubbish...not with THIS sim please...leave it the way it is i say.

My only concern/complaint is the secret squirrel stuff about we are adding this but we cant tell you what it is...we are creating that and fixing this but you arent allowed to know?...why?..and to what end?...surely there is no harm in people knowing what this new map/theatre will be? It may keep some people interested who are bored with the BOB stuff...just my 2c...you guys are doing great ground breaking work though and its very much appreciated. But what is the reason for the cards being held so close to the chest...i dont get it?!

heinkill
Nov-16-2013, 16:23
There are still a reasonable number of blokes that march under the "Z class destroyer" banner at ANZAC Day march in Perth. I'll make sure I get a few photo's next April.

Different z class I think... That one is German...

Mysticpuma
Nov-16-2013, 17:58
My only concern/complaint is the secret squirrel stuff about we are adding this but we cant tell you what it is...we are creating that and fixing this but you arent allowed to know?...why?..and to what end?...surely there is no harm in people knowing what this new map/theatre will be?

Couple of points to answer here.

Secret Squirrel stuff; Everything that is created during the process between each patch is all (until launch) 100% WiP. We generally will discuss features that we are sure will be included in the next release. You said ; "we are creating that and fixing this but you arent allowed to know?". It's not that we don't want you to know, but more about keeping pressure of ourselves. For instance, let's say the new theatre was Alaska (so no clues and no reality). We announce that we are doing 'Alaska'. next we have multiple requests for this feature, that feature, this aircraft, that aircraft....but if you have this, you need that, it wont be complete without that so you need this....etc, etc. This then adds a burden on the team, when after a month's worth of testing, Alaska is deemed pointless, so the work is scrapped and we change direction. Howls of derision, "why did the community waste it's time finding x/y/z chart when you knew you were going to scrap it?", "why have you wasted out time?", and on and on!

So let's put it into another scenario. Look at the way the community went head to head with Luthier on the Banana Forums when he gave no feedback, no updates. The community went mad with frustration and conjecture. We on the other hand want you to know that we are working on another Theatre, but until we are happy with the way it is going and has gone, we aren't confident in announcing it. All work is 100% WiP as I said. Currently we do not expect to announce the new Theatre until the actual day of release because we don't want any more pressure put on us than we do already by ourselves. If the new Theatre falls through, then huge disappointment for us and of-course for you....and then we get "you promised this", "you promised that", "Team Fusion are no better then (add name of choice)"....etc, etc.

To be absolutely honest, we could just not bother with updates, people would then lose interest in the development and slowly the community would migrate to new skies. The main intention at this moment in time is to let you know that we are currently working on a new Theatre of Operations, map work, model work, texture work, plus more is all underway, along with many other features. I/We make no apology for the secret squirrel stuff, it's down to protecting our integrity and also making sure that it is 100% completed and ready for release in the next patch before we start getting the community pressure/suggestions and ideas of how to improve it.

However, this is how it currently stands, 4-6 months is an expected development time on the new map at the same time as others are working on many new features related to the CloD original map and the aircraft/objects/textures/lighting and much, much more related to it.

Please look at the Friday updates as us sharing information as a courtesy to the community and not a requirement. We will keep you informed to the best of our ability, within the constraints of our own self-imposed restrictions.

Sticking with Secret Squirrel...you are going to love the new stuff ;)

Secret Squirrel signing out :)

vranac
Nov-16-2013, 19:30
MP , people trust pictures more than words.

Uwe
Nov-16-2013, 21:44
I think most of us have learned to trust TF.

Wklink
Nov-16-2013, 22:43
You guys are moving way too fast. I've barely begun to enjoy the 4.0 version and you are already making it obsolete.

Good work guys.

Skoshi_Tiger
Nov-17-2013, 02:58
Different z class I think... That one is German...

Oops! My mistake. :)

Royraiden
Nov-17-2013, 11:17
MP , people trust pictures more than words.

The unfaithful and I even dare to say ungrateful:recon:

Chivas
Nov-17-2013, 12:13
Don't feed the squirrels! Bad squirrels. ;)

DUI
Nov-17-2013, 21:13
If the new Theatre falls through, then huge disappointment for us and of-course for you....and then we get "you promised this", "you promised that", "Team Fusion are no better then (add name of choice)"....etc, etc.

Nice that it was Tonester who raised this topic. I was very close of opening this bottle as well... :angel:

MP, I think you guys are underestimating the current CloD community regarding the respect, goodwill and patience that it gladly shows to Team Fusion.

You inform about a WIP feature some months before the patch is released and for some reason it will not make it into the patch? So what, everyone would understand and just wait for another patch. It turns out that the feature cannot be implemented at all due to specific reasons? So what, everyone would understand and just look forward to another great feature. You are concerned that there was a lot of talk about this feature in the meantime? Good for everyone! Most people like to talk about their hobby and to discuss things from different perspectives. Just speculating about black boxes becomes boring over a longer time period.

Looking at the new theatre: You do not yet know for sure which theatre it will be? Totally fine. Knowing that you are trying to create a new theatre is already great. But as soon as you are quite sure about the specific theatre that you already invested weeks and weeks into I would love to hear and talk about it and not wait until the final release day. Keeping the theatre a secret until release day reminds me more of "the little children have to wait until Christmas day before they are granted the privilege to open the presents". I would prefer a more mature communication style like "We are doing our best to make you this present but won't make any promises". :lecture:

Keep the community flying and - in the flight breaks - talking! ;)

Gromit
Nov-18-2013, 12:00
Well I'm happy enough to play what we have , bugs n all, if we don't get an update until next summer, no worries, otherwise TF are going to be spending their lives fiddling with computer code instead of playing, easy way to get fed up and go do something else!

Tonester
Nov-18-2013, 16:49
Couple of points to answer here.

Secret Squirrel stuff; Everything that is created during the process between each patch is all (until launch) 100% WiP. We generally will discuss features that we are sure will be included in the next release. You said ; "we are creating that and fixing this but you arent allowed to know?". It's not that we don't want you to know, but more about keeping pressure of ourselves. For instance, let's say the new theatre was Alaska (so no clues and no reality). We announce that we are doing 'Alaska'. next we have multiple requests for this feature, that feature, this aircraft, that aircraft....but if you have this, you need that, it wont be complete without that so you need this....etc, etc. This then adds a burden on the team, when after a month's worth of testing, Alaska is deemed pointless, so the work is scrapped and we change direction. Howls of derision, "why did the community waste it's time finding x/y/z chart when you knew you were going to scrap it?", "why have you wasted out time?", and on and on!

So let's put it into another scenario. Look at the way the community went head to head with Luthier on the Banana Forums when he gave no feedback, no updates. The community went mad with frustration and conjecture. We on the other hand want you to know that we are working on another Theatre, but until we are happy with the way it is going and has gone, we aren't confident in announcing it. All work is 100% WiP as I said. Currently we do not expect to announce the new Theatre until the actual day of release because we don't want any more pressure put on us than we do already by ourselves. If the new Theatre falls through, then huge disappointment for us and of-course for you....and then we get "you promised this", "you promised that", "Team Fusion are no better then (add name of choice)"....etc, etc.

To be absolutely honest, we could just not bother with updates, people would then lose interest in the development and slowly the community would migrate to new skies. The main intention at this moment in time is to let you know that we are currently working on a new Theatre of Operations, map work, model work, texture work, plus more is all underway, along with many other features. I/We make no apology for the secret squirrel stuff, it's down to protecting our integrity and also making sure that it is 100% completed and ready for release in the next patch before we start getting the community pressure/suggestions and ideas of how to improve it.

However, this is how it currently stands, 4-6 months is an expected development time on the new map at the same time as others are working on many new features related to the CloD original map and the aircraft/objects/textures/lighting and much, much more related to it.

Please look at the Friday updates as us sharing information as a courtesy to the community and not a requirement. We will keep you informed to the best of our ability, within the constraints of our own self-imposed restrictions.

Sticking with Secret Squirrel...you are going to love the new stuff ;)

Secret Squirrel signing out :)

Thanks for the answer MP...i was actually a lil concerned i would draw flack for the question...well maybe not concerned...just thought i might..
i dont exactly agree with you but i respect it and i stand by the question as i felt it needed asking. You guys are doing stellar work...even with the bugs i hear are in the new patch...you mob are ensuring we all get value for the money we have invested in the sim..
im well aware of the work involved...i spent six months creating Nachtjager for EAW before the source code was available..back when it was done the 'suck and see' way..hex editing the campaign files...testing, changing, retesting...ad nausium...i spent hours and hours and hours doing it much to my wifes dismay....
hope ive not ruffled any feathers with my question...you guys are amazingly dedicated and i for one am greatly appreciative...keep up the great work...and thanks for the honest and open response...sometimes we need to walk a mile in other peoples shoes...

Ioshic
Nov-22-2013, 04:59
Amazing, thank you guys!

rob3rt
Nov-22-2013, 12:22
If my calculations are right, it's two weeks since last update. Are we going to get one today, please.:recon:

DUI
Nov-22-2013, 14:11
Let's give them another 4 or max 5 hours. But if not...

...we just will wait until tomorrow. ;)

ATAG_Lolsav
Nov-22-2013, 14:21
If no update is presented dont sweat it. Most TF members are still on "honeymoon" period. They worked hard for 4.0, the deserved rest should be used to have some time having fun with was created.

rob3rt
Nov-22-2013, 14:44
If no update is presented dont sweat it. Most TF members are still on "honeymoon" period. They worked hard for 4.0, the deserved rest should be used to have some time having fun with was created.

No doubt about that. Was just asking, no arm twisting meant :wf:

Mysticpuma
Nov-22-2013, 15:28
No problem guys. The thing is I sit down on a Friday evening (UK) and then have a look over the last two-weeks of development news and see what I can release and also if I think it will be of interest. So usually updates will appear late on a Friday evening UK time, but only if there is anything worth saying. Although I will aim at every two-weeks, it may be 3-4 weeks if there isn't much to say. I know that's not ideal, but I'd rather have something substantial to add than waffle on about nothing and plenty of it! ;)

Anyway, this Friday's update has been posted in the update forum, cheers, MP

HurricaneHarvest
Nov-24-2013, 06:06
Thanks for new sea craft but do we have the torpedo bombers to take them out ? maybe a Condor .. or sparrow-hawk .. or string bag ? :)

I personally vote for AI major fix - no more barrel roll into Terrus Firmus .. no more attacking enemy from strong points ( 6 high on a defiant).. and more flyable aircraft - defiant, Whimpy, sunderland

HH

danperin
Dec-07-2013, 17:27
You TF guys are awesome! :salute:

VII.Racetrack
May-07-2014, 04:34
New Ships.. New Map.. U-boats..

God that's all I wanted to hear!!!!

If you're going to tell me that you're going to add Torpedoes too... I'll die................ LOL

The_Mighty_Lark
May-07-2014, 13:10
Great Work!

Keep that steam Going!:thumbsup:

heinkill
May-11-2014, 06:12
New Ships.. New Map.. U-boats..

God that's all I wanted to hear!!!!

If you're going to tell me that you're going to add Torpedoes too... I'll die................ LOL

He115 already does torpedos... Make it flyable or add them to Beaufighter would be great!

http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww152/whirlybirda2a/reduxlw/reduxlw002/42036_zps6757c421.jpg

Screamadelica
May-11-2014, 22:07
New avatar for Mystic.....

Nice trenchcoat. :)

grij_Blade
May-16-2014, 13:48
Great news :thumbsup: thanks!!!!

Are you going to fix the bug that have the land units crossing ways or bridges??? would be great to make online missions or campaigns.

Great job :-)

RAF74_Buzzsaw
May-16-2014, 13:52

Are you going to fix the bug that have the land units crossing ways or bridges??? would be great to make online missions or campaigns.

This is an issue our map team is working on... but no guarantees. :salute:

grij_Blade
May-16-2014, 18:35

:thumbsup: and the great news continues :D

Broodwich
May-19-2014, 17:56

What is the issue?

grij_Blade
May-22-2014, 19:45
What is the issue?

Land units can't cross rivers over a bridge, they cross through the bridges and fall into the water. Wheel units are destroyed, tanks can cross the river. Also in crossing roads the land units have problems to follow the waypoints.

Winston
May-23-2014, 23:15
Are working mirrors scheduled to appear in 5.0?

RAF74_Buzzsaw
May-24-2014, 03:51

Quite a bit of time was spent trying to find a fix for this problem in TF 3.0/3.01... but without success. Very frustrating... not sure where this bug is hidden.

Since then we have focused on other issues... this is not a real priority. :salute:

Salmo
May-24-2014, 05:27

Hello grij_Blade, The TF map team is aware of this bug. It will continue to be on our radar as we develop the new map & content for TF5.0
Cheers
Salmo
TF Map Coordinator

Salmo
May-24-2014, 05:29

Too early to say at this stage.

heinkill
May-26-2014, 13:37
Time for an update!

Is it true you are doing a conning tower view for submarines?
Can we fire their guns? Torpedos?
Can destroyers attack them with depth charges and force them up? Or down?
Can we land on / takeoff from the aircraft carriers?
Is it true the German carrier Graf Zeppelin will be included in TF 5 to enable carrier wars?
Will the Battleships be able to attack land targets?
Will the Desastersoft TF5 add on have a dynamic campaign mode?
Will you do more on drivable vehicles? Tank wars?
The livestock AI routines are terrible and they move like they are on skateboards. Fix?
In 'Biggles in the Baltic' the RAF operated out of a secret island in the Baltic in 1939 to disrupt Axis shipping. Will there be any Biggles based instant action missions for your new Baltic map?
How can you avoid the Battle of the Atlantic map being just one big boring sea map? The Sunderlands have to land somewhere? Iceland? Orkneys? Will they finally be able to land on the sea and refuel from the new oil tenders?
The Henschel Hs 293 missiles used by the Condors in the Atlantic were very rarely fielded due to production probs, where/how did you get the specifications?

For starters...

:)

H

RAF74_Buzzsaw
May-26-2014, 19:58
Is it true you are doing a conning tower view for submarines?
Can we fire their guns? Torpedos?
Can destroyers attack them with depth charges and force them up? Or down?

Likely subs will happen at some point... for TF 5.0? Difficult to say... Rest of questions, guns yes, torps, maybe, Destroyers can attack with guns, not sure about depth charges. Submerged subs requires creating maps with depth in water areas.... something which is not the case with the current map. (not the case with IL-2 1946 either, Subs were not actually submerged) Subs on the surface or with just the periscope visible (as in 1946) are certainly doable.

Can we land on / takeoff from the aircraft carriers?
Is it true the German carrier Graf Zeppelin will be included in TF 5 to enable carrier wars?

Yes will be able to take off and land on Carriers, already proven in testing... For TF 5.0? Not likely. Graf Zeppelin? No. Too much work for a non-existent, non-historical object. (requires 109T modeled plus navalized Stuka... ton of work) Pacific? Maybe... we have already had interest for this Theater from certain talented people... but way in the future. Our TF 5.0/6.0 expansions will be European based.

Will the Battleships be able to attack land targets?

Yes, Destroyers etc. already can.

Will the Desastersoft TF5 add on have a dynamic campaign mode?

You'd have to ask Thomas.

Will you do more on drivable vehicles? Tank wars?

Yes, more vehicles/tanks. Tank wars? Players can already fight with vehicles if they choose... so I guess yes.

The livestock AI routines are terrible and they move like they are on skateboards. Fix?

Has been observed, extremely low priority. :P

In 'Biggles in the Baltic' the RAF operated out of a secret island in the Baltic in 1939 to disrupt Axis shipping. Will there be any Biggles based instant action missions for your new Baltic map?

Which Baltic map is that? :P

How can you avoid the Battle of the Atlantic map being just one big boring sea map? The Sunderlands have to land somewhere? Iceland? Orkneys? Will they finally be able to land on the sea and refuel from the new oil tenders?
The Henschel Hs 293 missiles used by the Condors in the Atlantic were very rarely fielded due to production probs, where/how did you get the specifications?

Which Battle of the Atlantic map is that? :P

jaydee
May-27-2014, 06:07
Some very encouraging answers there BUZZ !..Thanks TF for all your work ! ~S~