PDA

View Full Version : New/Updated maps & my impression

ATAG_Deacon
Nov-09-2013, 09:49
Hello all,

I am not a map maker/designer, but I am quite appreciative of those who are. So thank you...

That said, I know a large contingent here complain that the Red vulch over France or the Blue are always over Hawkenge. I've
spent the past 3 hours flying two maps that ENCOURAGE this behavior. I don't know map names but the first was the
map where the Germans have taken Littlestone and the next map was the one where Red has to destroy 40 enemy aircraft.

Both maps become a 'vulchfest' as there are not any bombers to be found. If I wish to help the Red team win the map my options
are to either stay low over Hawk/Lympne or go low over the enemy airfields. Those are the only options to winning either of those
maps.

I thought we were trying to change this behavior.

This is just my opinion, but taking away the AI bomber groups has turned this into a 'quake' server and it's quite disappointing.

~S~

Deacon

9./JG52 Jamz Dackel
Nov-09-2013, 10:23
~S~ Deacs

First of all like you I appreciate what the map makers do, not for me but kudos to those that take the time

The one with all the bases on Littlestone is the worst map in the rotation, imo.. and even worse for the Blues as from a Reds perspective you at least have something to shoot up high (ish)..

This map imo is a 'Dogfight' map and nothing more...No one has interest in it so no one does the objectives...the result is 5/6 hours of a very boring map and from what I have seen this last week is the map where numbers drop..

Again imo this map doesn't belong on the ATAG server

~S~

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Nov-09-2013, 14:21
~S~ Deacs

First of all like you I appreciate what the map makers do, not for me but kudos to those that take the time

The one with all the bases on Littlestone is the worst map in the rotation, imo.. and even worse for the Blues as from a Reds perspective you at least have something to shoot up high (ish)..

This map imo is a 'Dogfight' map and nothing more...No one has interest in it so no one does the objectives...the result is 5/6 hours of a very boring map and from what I have seen this last week is the map where numbers drop..

Again imo this map doesn't belong on the ATAG server

~S~

There are Blue and Red side objectives, if you take the time to read the brief, and they are not all at Littlestone.

Some objectives ARE at Littlestone, in particular the airfield and supply dump there, so it is in the Red side interest to control the airspace over this area.

I've been on this map a number of times, and the numbers were at 50+ sometimes higher.

This map was added, and since then we have had a poll which the clear majority said they were interested in seeing some maps on the server with vehicles enabled. This is the only map at this point with vehicles.

There was originally only one version of this map, the autumn one, but a winter one has also been added, this is probably unnecessary.

There is a problem with the winter version getting very late into the day, and getting dark, for this reason it should be removed.

ATAG_EvangelusE
Nov-14-2013, 08:36
There is a problem with the winter version getting very late into the day, and getting dark, for this reason it should be removed.

Will the winter version be removed or at least the duration shortened so that the mission ends shortly after the sun sets?

Many commented that you couldn't use the sight illumination (as it blinds you) and looking through the front of a Spit canopy was problematic making everything much darker than it already was.