PDA

View Full Version : Getting the most Out of your Spitfire

Hoogs
Oct-08-2011, 04:05
It seems to me that there is some confusion with regards to the prop pitch setting in the Spitfire Mrk I. For those who don't know/understand how your Mrk I Spitfires 2 pitch settings work, here is a great video from A2A. Even though they are different products, Il-2 COD and A2A accu-sim, the results are the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psYL7thQj6M&feature=player_embedded

ATAG_Bliss
Oct-08-2011, 13:36
Nice video. Thanks :)

I've seen it once before but then couldn't find it.

Whiskey
Oct-09-2011, 11:03
Great find mate. Really sheds some light on the use of prop pitch and your engine. God knows I have my mechanic on the verge of a break down from blown engines :D.

Whiskey

ATAG_EvangelusE
Oct-16-2011, 19:08
The interesting thing for me is the lenghth of the TO of run with the 2 speed prop. The ACU Spit is nose down and airborne far sooner than currently modelled in CloD.
Wonder if anyone has flown the ACU Mk1 spit and compared the flight characteriscs to CloDs?

Hoogs
Oct-19-2011, 21:50
The interesting thing for me is the length of the TO of run with the 2 speed prop. The ACU Spit is nose down and airborne far sooner than currently modeled in CloD.
Wonder if anyone has flown the ACU Mk1 spit and compared the flight characteristics to CloDs?

Yes, I own both. With comparison to the FM, I find CloD and A2A's to feel much the same. However, with regards to graphics, gauges, engine modeling, heating/cooling, and even electrical systems A2A wins hands down.

But nothing out there now can even come close to what CloD is doing for WW2 air combat simulation.