PDA

View Full Version : Anyone having problems with menu screens not refreshing ?

HurricaneHarvest
Nov-10-2013, 22:37
My C: Drive died and was forced to upgrade to larger SSD, but since reloading COD (non patched), my menu backgrounds won't refresh. i click on a menu option and nothing happens, I mouse over where the next screen options should be and they appear ! i have to mouse over the entire screen to see all the options but the background is still the previous one. Doesn't effect game play just annoying menus. I've recently uploaded the latest Q nvidia drivers, thinking this might be the problem ?? just asking other CLODers are they having similar ?

Ta

HH.

ATAG_Lolsav
Nov-10-2013, 23:14
What windows? 8?

Cheyenne
Nov-11-2013, 00:05
I have read on other forums that SSD are not really made to run games from.
So maybe you could try and move your Cliffs Of Dover to another HD if you have one.
I run all my Flights Sims from my F drive and don't have any problems, plus by moving
all of your games to another drive will help keep you from having to reinstall games if your
C drive dies on you.
Maybe some one else can explain more on SSD.

ATAG_Lolsav
Nov-11-2013, 05:40
I run windows 7 and Steam games on a SSD drive without any problem. In fact i have a boost of performance due to it.

FAE_Cazador
Nov-11-2013, 07:51
I run windows 7 and Steam games on a SSD drive without any problem. In fact i have a boost of performance due to it.

Same here, even comparing with a 7200 rpm Seagate conventional HD. But don't forget: never defrag a SSD drive!.

HurricaneHarvest
Nov-16-2013, 21:59
Sorry for late reply, it's Win7.

Strange sometimes it will refresh new screens ,most times not ? If i hit ESC and redo, it will mostly work ?? I suspect a Nvidia Driver bug?

I could move game to HDD but that would mean performance downgrade, i never had this problem on my previous SDD that died, or any other game.

Looks like i'm alone with this bug, think i'll live with it and hope for Nvidia fix ?

HH.