PDA

View Full Version : External Sound Issues

Crowman
Nov-11-2013, 18:29
Hi All
I'm sorry if this has already been covered, but I hope someone can help. I have a problem with my sound in Cliffs of Dover, In cockpit sounds seem OK, but external sounds seem to be virtually non existent, slight sound of engine on left and right speakers, weapons seem to make sound, but no sound on external or fly by view. Latest Mod 4.0 installed, on going problem, as far as can remember was working ok at mod 3.0. Graphics absolutely brilliant, hope to get sound to match.

Cheers Crowman.

ATAG_Snapper
Nov-11-2013, 19:06
Hi Crowman,

First, make sure the volume slider in the game options is turned all the way up. Not only does that control the game volume, but also which sounds (engine, special effects, etc) you're actually going to hear. Next, start your game and spawn into your aircraft and start the engine.

Second, if this makes the in-game sound much too loud for your liking, ALT TAB back to your Windows Desktop, locate the Windows Sound Mixer icon in the lower right corner of your Windows screen. Right-click on it, then select Windows Mixer. You'll see a row of vertical sound sliders, including one marked with the RAF roundel (IL2 Cliffs of Dover). Turn this one down to about 50% (to your taste), then ALT TAB back to your game in progress.

Unfortunately, this little chore (going to the Windows Sound Mixer) will have to be done each time you start the game up for an evening's session. It's now part of my routine the first time I spawn in and get my engine started, along with setting my gunsight, Course Setter on my compass --> Directional Gyro, and my pre-take off trim.

Hope this helps!

And welcome to the forum! :salute:

:)

Crowman
Nov-12-2013, 15:13
Cheers for your response.
Have tried this, it helps a bit but external sound only coming from left and right speakers as turn view around aircraft, also goes quiet when in front and behind, and flypast very quiet, any ideas??

Thanks Crowman

dburne
Nov-12-2013, 18:02
Cheers for your response.
Have tried this, it helps a bit but external sound only coming from left and right speakers as turn view around aircraft, also goes quiet when in front and behind, and flypast very quiet, any ideas??

Thanks Crowman

Man that sucks, if I did not have that most awesome sound from the fly by view, don't know what I would do.
Hope you get it resolved soon!

ATAG_Lolsav
Nov-12-2013, 18:09
It seems you have some problem with hardware/software configuration on your sound system.

1st: For what it matters the flyby sound shouldnt be affected by having a 2.1 or a 5.1 system, but even so gotta ask wich is it?

2nd: Is it only on Clod you noticed this problem?

3rd: The dreaded question of all times again - "Have you cleaned your cache files"?

4th: what are you sound settings configurations ingame? Volume all up?

TRITATUTTO
Aug-26-2014, 04:39
Hi guys i have the same problem here.

Latest patch

fresh delete cache folder

Volume in sim up to max
music 0
speaking desabled

Volume il2cod in windows mixer to 30-20 because is too loud for me.

I have in cockpit sound ok ( not when i pitch down , the sound disappears till i level up the stick)

No external sound ( planes , guns etc , outside the cockpit)
i play with the cockpit view but i cant here anything outside.

i got a logitech headset g430

thanks for the help.

richardhilton590
Sep-24-2014, 04:07
After checking the sound settings on my PC, I realized that the sound problem has been my fault. I had the same problem as the thread starter and I had to uninstall and install the game and even re-checked the game's sound settings.Thanks for all the helpful posts here. They somehow helped me fix this issue.