PDA

View Full Version : Tank Comanders Corner!

Skoshi_Tiger
Nov-12-2013, 04:13
Well I was on the winter map and managed to spawn into one of the British tanks. I saw the flak over Littlestone, so I charged head first against the invaders.

From quite far out I started taking auto cannon fire from about three or four direction. Although quite disturbing at the time it was Ok as long as I kept moving but as soon as I jump positions to the gun the tracers started to converge on me. So I had just enough time to point my gun at where I thought the tracers were coming from and let loose a round. Then straight into drivers seat and off again following the contours of the land and making use of any depressions for cover. . I'm not sure of any hits during the advance into the enemy territory but once I go onto the runway at Littlestone I did manage to destroy two 109's that were parked on the strip.

Then it was off to the beach from and I positioned myself between two buildings in a vain attempt for cover and started banging away at the Minesuchboots just off shore. I couldn't tell if I was getting any hits or doing any damage, but I realized it must have been the boats that were firing at me before. Once stationary it didn't take too long for the gunners to zero in on me at I was dispatched in a fairly short amount of time.

All in all it was a quite exhilarating and quite stressful experience driving the tank. The sound of the gunfire and flak bursting around the tank was quite awesome. It was a pity at the time there was no one on team speak so I could call in an airstrike! :)

Not having instruments like a compass was a bit frustrating, A pair of binoculars would have been useful to find targets. I wonder if there are any objects that could be placed in the maps that would work as cover?

Anyone else had a go in the tanks???

Cheers and thanks to TF for allowing us to use these vehicles. It was a great to try out something different for a change.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Nov-12-2013, 04:46
Well I was on the winter map and managed to spawn into one of the British tanks. I saw the flak over Littlestone, so I charged head first against the invaders.

From quite far out I started taking auto cannon fire from about three or four direction. Although quite disturbing at the time it was Ok as long as I kept moving but as soon as I jump positions to the gun the tracers started to converge on me. So I had just enough time to point my gun at where I thought the tracers were coming from and let loose a round. Then straight into drivers seat and off again following the contours of the land and making use of any depressions for cover. . I'm not sure of any hits during the advance into the enemy territory but once I go onto the runway at Littlestone I did manage to destroy two 109's that were parked on the strip.

Then it was off to the beach from and I positioned myself between two buildings in a vain attempt for cover and started banging away at the Minesuchboots just off shore. I couldn't tell if I was getting any hits or doing any damage, but I realized it must have been the boats that were firing at me before. Once stationary it didn't take too long for the gunners to zero in on me at I was dispatched in a fairly short amount of time.

All in all it was a quite exhilarating and quite stressful experience driving the tank. The sound of the gunfire and flak bursting around the tank was quite awesome. It was a pity at the time there was no one on team speak so I could call in an airstrike! :)

Not having instruments like a compass was a bit frustrating, A pair of binoculars would have been useful to find targets. I wonder if there are any objects that could be placed in the maps that would work as cover?

Anyone else had a go in the tanks???

Cheers and thanks to TF for allowing us to use these vehicles. It was a great to try out something different for a change.

There is a compass available:

Pull up a normal chat window and under configure, add 'compass'. This will be in simple numeric heading, ie. 0 degrees is north.

The vehicles are a work in progress, they are very simplified at this point, and will need a lot of work to be developed further.

However, they can be, so if anyone is interested, please contact us.

We hope to have the AAA weapons up with the TF 4.01 patch.

Re. the particular scenario, you could have had AI tanks firing at you or even artillery pieces, or even 88 flak cannon. These are all present in the Littlestone area.

To take out the airfield and the supply train which is the target there, you need a coordinated effort.