PDA

View Full Version : Update 20 from Luthier

Catseye
Nov-12-2013, 14:44
Luthier just posted a new update with 109 cockpit pics.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/508681281/dcs-wwii-europe-1944/posts

AKA_Recon
Nov-12-2013, 14:59
:thumbsup: Impressive...!

ATAG_JTDawg
Nov-12-2013, 15:11
Got the e-mail this morning , looking very nice :thumbsup:

9./JG52 Jamz Dackel
Nov-12-2013, 16:44
Got the e-mail this morning , looking very nice :thumbsup:

Oh yes..I could get comfy in there

Kling
Nov-12-2013, 17:34
He is mentioning playing with hedges and trees and river etc etc... But not a word about the pastel green colour of the landscape... I think this will not change. with or without the lighting in the terrain editor.
The 109 cockpit looks great!!
But without proper landcape colours this project doesnt really have my support yet... It might get there, but not yet! ;)

9./JG52_J-HAT
Nov-12-2013, 18:16
Really nice! I am looking forward to the external models. Those will be amazing too I am thinking.

Can we fire that flare gun?!

Cybermat47
Nov-12-2013, 19:12
Nice!

Tomsk
Nov-14-2013, 07:44
He is mentioning playing with hedges and trees and river etc etc... But not a word about the pastel green colour of the landscape... I think this will not change. with or without the lighting in the terrain editor.
The 109 cockpit looks great!!
But without proper landcape colours this project doesnt really have my support yet... It might get there, but not yet! ;)

I have to agree. Now I do accept that all the shots so far are in the terrain editor not the game engine ... but I just can't see how those colours are going to look right, no matter what the lighting. This is definitely my biggest complaint so far on the graphics ... the level of detail is impressive, but the colours ... so far ... just seem way off to my eyes. And that is a real shame, because I think it can be a real immersion buster to have the wrong colours ...

Of course, I also felt precisely the same when I loaded up IL2 Cliffs of Dover for the first time ... it's only since the Team Fusion team adjusted the colours that CloD has felt more real for me. I still find that one of the things that pulls me back to War Thunder occasionally ... for all the nonsense that WT has, is that the colours and graphics really do feel very good in WT.

ATAG_Colander
Nov-14-2013, 08:42
We should probably ask Ilya for an in-game shot for comparison. Even if the colors are not final, we could get an idea of how much different editor-game colors are.

Screamadelica
Nov-15-2013, 03:28
Nice update. The 109 cockpit looks amazing. :stunned:
God it's going to be a long wait till September next year.....

gavagai
Nov-15-2013, 18:04
Luthier already said the terrain pics are pre color adjustment.

Kling
Nov-15-2013, 18:20
Luthier already said the terrain pics are pre color adjustment.

Not sure he should show them then... he is fully capable of releasing the game with those colours. Remember what Clods looked like when released. Limegreen everywhere!!

gavagai
Nov-15-2013, 22:04
Not sure he should show them then... he is fully capable of releasing the game with those colours. Remember what Clods looked like when released. Limegreen everywhere!!

Sorry, I think everyone needs to relax about something like the color of the grass. That is easy to fix. Be far more concerned about things like mission editors and gameplay.

9./JG52_J-HAT
Nov-16-2013, 06:36
Sorry, I think everyone needs to relax about something like the color of the grass. That is easy to fix. Be far more concerned about things like mission editors and gameplay.

Gameplay! The colors cannot be wrong, the planes are going to be great I am sure, but if gameplay lacks, (almost) everyone will be bored after learning how to fly the planes, ie manage it. With nothing to do with it other than thenusual dogfight, it won't go far.

I am pretty confident Luthier will not release the game with lime green funky terrain again. I am hoping for the best, really.

gavagai
Nov-16-2013, 07:43
Gameplay! The colors cannot be wrong, the planes are going to be great I am sure, but if gameplay lacks, (almost) everyone will be bored after learning how to fly the planes, ie manage it. With nothing to do with it other than thenusual dogfight, it won't go far.

I am pretty confident Luthier will not release the game with lime green funky terrain again. I am hoping for the best, really.

My wish would be for a Falcon 4.0 style 24/7 campaign.:thumbsup:

Tempered
Nov-16-2013, 20:52
My wish would be for a Falcon 4.0 style 24/7 campaign.:thumbsup:

That would be nice, but I doubt we will see anything so ambitious. I think RRG will focus mainly on new planes in the future.

ATAG_NakedSquirrel
Nov-18-2013, 13:37

The ME is pretty powerful and easy to use, so game-play shouldn't be a big issue. I'm more worried about net-code since DCS net code is a bucket of steamy turds at the moment. It's supposed to improve with the new game engine, but I haven't heard how.

9./JG52_J-HAT
Nov-18-2013, 16:18
Hey Squirrel,

Yeah, but multiplayer is a very important part of gameplay. Maybe we got spoiled with clod's 100 players per mission. I've been reading some reports about DCS. I too hope they make multiplayer better (slowdowns when more than some players, during dogfights, shooting guns etc.) If that is really the case. I don't own DCS, so no personnal experience here.