PDA

View Full Version : External views

Accipiter
Nov-14-2013, 11:24
Can anyone tell me how long it should take to upload a track to the external view facility before you get the download?

Thanks.

ATAG_Lolsav
Nov-14-2013, 11:27
Depends on the size of the track you uploading. I do remember if a track its too big (megabytes) it will take longer and might lead to a "stall" on the upload or even failed one.

So, in short, try with a small trk to see if you still have any problems...

Accipiter
Nov-14-2013, 11:53
Thanks,

It did upload but there's no way of knowing if it is working or not.

OK, so I got it uploaded. Next problem is that all I see is a static view of water and sky. On the thread dealing with this facility it's mentioned that you just hit F2 and you're into viewing the track. Doesn't work with me. Just more water. Does anyone else have a solution ? Also, I've got one track which is nicely recorded but the playback only shows the cockpit view, pressing the F buttons makes no difference. Finally, where is the fast forward control? It's mentioned in the External View thread, but no clue as to it's location.
Thanks.

ATAG_Lolsav
Nov-14-2013, 12:06
ALT + F1 should take you into cockpit, assuming you started recording once you spawn. Just fast foward a bit and try again to hit ALT F1 or ALT F2 for external.

Accipiter
Nov-15-2013, 04:00
ALT + F1 should take you into cockpit, assuming you started recording once you spawn. Just fast foward a bit and try again to hit ALT F1 or ALT F2 for external.

Thanks for this, but as I asked above, how do you fast forward?

ATAG_Lolsav
Nov-15-2013, 09:10
My keys are diffrent from yours, i have a portuguese keyboard (look at this letter ç ç ç )

You have to look for yours under controls, most likely on "Camera" section. Its not very big, im sure you will find them.

ATAG_Septic
Nov-15-2013, 09:29
Thanks for this, but as I asked above, how do you fast forward?

Hi Accipiter,

I believe that '[' and ']' are the default keys.

Cheers,

Septic.

Accipiter
Nov-15-2013, 09:54
Thanks Septic, but those keys don't do anything.

Does anyone else have any ideas on how to fast forward a track that has been recorded, then sent through the Track Editor to enable outside views?

I've processed a track through the TE but there is nothing showing on it except a static view of water. Pressing F2 makes no difference. It's been suggested that fast forwarding the track might help, hence the question.

Thanks,

vranac
Nov-15-2013, 10:25
When you load a track you have to enable outside views and time changing in the menu. Check two check boxes on the top right side.

ATAG_Lolsav
Nov-15-2013, 10:28
Good catch Vranac, we forgot to advise the obvious. I bet its it. :thumbsup:

Accipiter
Nov-15-2013, 12:45
When you load a track you have to enable outside views and time changing in the menu. Check two check boxes on the top right side.

Well that's got the fast forward going. Clicking those two boxes meant I could go forward a bit, click F2 and F1 and get to see the fixed, forward view from the cockpit.

However, still no joy with getting the external view working. I suspect that the external view was disabled as part of the Full Realism setting I used before starting the recording. But doesn't that have to be disabled before joining the server? Frustrating.

A big thank you to everyone who is helping. If you regularly record your exploits and then watch the external view of them, perhaps you could spend a minute thinking about what exactly buttons have to be pressed before that happens. Then tell me !

Regards,

ATAG_Septic
Nov-15-2013, 13:07
However, still no joy with getting the external view working. I suspect that the external view was disabled as part of the Full Realism setting I used before starting the recording. But doesn't that have to be disabled before joining the server? Frustrating.

Regards,

I'm not the expert here Accipiter old chap and can't identify why it isn't working for you but as I understand your question the answer is no, the realism settings are server-side.

You probably realise this but the external view will only work on tracks recorded on the the ATAG server (many thanks again to Colander).

It does work though so I hope you can persevere and find the problem.

Cheers,

Septic.

Accipiter
Nov-17-2013, 12:40
Thanks Septic,

I am only trying to use the External View with tracks recorded on the ATAG server.There must be something wrong with the settings in Options of View, but I can't see what.

I'll keep trying and if I ever do get to use the EV facility I'll post exactly what settings and controls have to be used.

If anyone already knows this information, please feel free to post it.

Regards,