PDA

View Full Version : Volume too low on teamspeak.

9./JG52 Mindle
Nov-14-2013, 12:53
Hi all,

As those of you who were unlucky enough to hear me attempting to set up teamspeak during last nights pitch black battle will realise, i have a small issue...

I am unable to hear anything over the channel in my headphones unless i turn the in-game volume down to about 35% otherwise all i hear is my glorious engine.. no bad thing, but no use if i am wishing to communicate and hear others.

Anyone else have this problem and is there a work around that i could try that lets me hear the comms with a decent in-game volume?

I guess its about the teamspeak/game volume mix. I have my teamspeak playback volume all the way up and voice level set midway as default, but still to quiet to be heard as soon as i fire it up.

Any pointers would be welcome.

Cheers.:thumbsup:

9./JG52_J-HAT
Nov-14-2013, 13:00
Setting the game volume to max makes everything else unhearable. If you don't, though, you don't hear every sound in game.

So, leave your CloD volume at 100%, alt-tab to windows with your game running, click on the sound mixer icon (right lower corner, in the task bar) and open the sound mixer. It is not the single volume slider, but the mixer where the individual sound levels for all open applications show up. Turn teamspeak's volume up and decrease clod's ( it's the RAF roundel icon). I leave my CloD sound at around 5 and thenrest very much all the way up.

Drawback: you need to do this everytime you start CloD.

ATAG_Lolsav
Nov-14-2013, 13:01
My personnal fix (like many others)

1 - Set the ingame volume all the way up (required to have all subtles sounds and crankings)

2 - Launch the game and once loaded the map alt+tab to go to desktop

3 - On bottom right there is usually a sound icon, or a clickable option to go to windows sound management

4 - Look for CLOD sound tab and lower it a lot, to level 10 or so (so you dont go deaf)

5 - Repeat the process evrytime you launch the game, but its a no-brainer, just like launching TS or TrackIr.

Have fun!

9./JG52 Mindle
Nov-14-2013, 13:03
Brilliant, thanks both. Will sort it out. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

9./JG52 Mindle
Nov-14-2013, 13:13
On settings 0-100, down as low as 5 or 10?

Will try in-game later and find good level.

Thanks again. :D

kopperdrake
Nov-14-2013, 13:19
On settings 0-100, down as low as 5 or 10?

Will try in-game later and find good level.

Thanks again. :D

Crikey - I have my PC master volume set to 50 - but the corresponding slider for CloD is 2. That's the sweet spot for me - 4 is too loud, but even 1 is not bad. Very screwed up is this one small thing.

9./JG52 Mindle
Nov-14-2013, 13:53
Yeah.. it works!!

Just got destroyed by a 109 whilst pleasure cruising above Dover, getting the mix right in my cans.

Can hear teamspeak comms and still sh**t meself when cannon shells explode into my cockpit! Result! :D

9./JG52_J-HAT
Nov-14-2013, 14:43
Glad it worked!

Steerpots
Mar-31-2014, 01:27
S! All
A post on setting up Teamspeak such that when anyone transmits in your channel your game volume will auto reduce
and, after a specified delay, game volume returns back to your original setting.

The Reasoning
Ease of comms with other pilots and allow full volume on game sounds

The Method
Download plugin
Configure plugin options

Requirements
Teamspeak 3 client installed on your PC

Downloads
Volume control plugin: http://addons.teamspeak.com/index.php?option=com_mtree&task=att_download&link_id=523&cf_id=24

How To
Open up your download and click on the contents to install the plugin to your Teamspeak folder
Run Teamspeak
Go to Settings > Plugins
Put tick in box next to Volume Control
With Volume Control highlighted, click on settings
Ensure the “Enable” box is ticked
Choose you preferred volume suppression setting (90% setting decreases volume by 10%, I chose 10% setting, experiment to suit yourself)
I chose a 0 sec delay to return to original volume
Tick in the box next to “suppress volume while you are speaking”
I left the old Winamp option un-ticked.
Click on OK
Restart Teamspeak.

56RAF_Steerppots

Archie
Mar-31-2014, 02:31
Thanks Steerpots! Will give it a try.

Steerpots
Apr-03-2014, 00:35
S! All
A post on setting up Teamspeak such that when anyone transmits in your channel your game volume will auto reduce
and, after a specified delay, game volume returns back to your original setting.

The Reasoning
Ease of comms with other pilots and allow full volume on game sounds

The Method
Download plugin
Configure plugin options

Requirements
Teamspeak 3 client installed on your PC

Downloads
Volume control plugin: http://addons.teamspeak.com/index.php?option=com_mtree&task=att_download&link_id=523&cf_id=24

How To
Open up your download and click on the contents to install the plugin to your Teamspeak folder
Run Teamspeak
Go to Settings > Plugins
Put tick in box next to Volume Control
With Volume Control highlighted, click on settings
Ensure the “Enable” box is ticked
Choose you preferred volume suppression setting (90% setting decreases volume by 10%, I chose 10% setting, experiment to suit yourself)
I chose a 0 sec delay to return to original volume
Tick in the box next to “suppress volume while you are speaking”
I left the old Winamp option un-ticked.
Click on OK
Restart Teamspeak.

56RAF_Steerppots

Additionally if you have updated TS to the latest version (3.0.14) you will also have to follow the instructions at the bottom of this thread
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9253

56RAF_Steerpots