PDA

View Full Version : ATAG Test Pilot Map

Catseye
Oct-12-2011, 21:34
Hi Guys,
I may have the distinction of being the first online visitor to this map.
Very interesting.

Just one observation. The Brief says to get those "Spitifire IIa's" off the ground.
However, the IIa is not available in the aircraft selection options at any of the bases.

Cheers.

ATAG_WatchMan
Oct-12-2011, 22:35
Yep, I actually have to change that in the briefing, the map was originally made to include the Spit IIa's but was later removed. So I'll definitely change that.

ATAG_WatchMan S! and thanks.

Catseye
Oct-13-2011, 12:30
I really loved it during takeoff from the French base. Taxied out, lined up and then all heck broke loose as my takeoff run was interrupted by bombs hitting all around. Pieces of turf and metal were showering towards me and one big hunk just went over my cockpit.

I was so intent on getting off that I didn't reduce power on wheels up and the engine started smoking. Bummer! I waited until the raid was over then landed.

Looking forward to getting on it again today.

Cheers

ChiefRedCloud
Oct-13-2011, 12:33
I really loved it during takeoff from the French base. Taxied out, lined up and then all heck broke loose as my takeoff run was interrupted by bombs hitting all around. Pieces of turf and metal were showering towards me and one big hunk just went over my cockpit.

I was so intent on getting off that I didn't reduce power on wheels up and the engine started smoking. Bummer! I waited until the raid was over then landed.

Looking forward to getting on it again today.

Cheers

Perhaps we should start a pilots diary section ........ sounds darn interesting ..... your take off that is. :coolio:

Catseye
Oct-13-2011, 15:18
Perhaps we should start a pilots diary section ........ sounds darn interesting ..... your take off that is. :coolio:

I really got immersed - as if I was scrambling during the middle of an air raid. It was very believable thats for sure.

My first thoughts were to get off the ground quickly followed by I need to climb, take a best guess heading and get at the Bastxxxs! They were high for sure.

CE