PDA

View Full Version : Cannot get coop mission to work - nobody can find a fly button!

Destraex
Nov-17-2013, 07:14
I even downloaded one from here:

http://airwarfare.com/sow/index.php/downloads32/viewcategory/8-coop-missions-multi-player

Still no joy. I create a lobby. Get my friend to join. THen press play and load the coop mission.
I get a fly button but he does not get one.
There are no sides to select or airfields to select. No create or fly buttons.

It seems it was simpler when I used to make these missions in il2 sturmovik the original.

I would appreciate any help.

P.S. I am using team fusion 4.

ATAG_Lolsav
Nov-17-2013, 07:18
Will wait until someone who effectivily knows to answer this one. But if i recall you can start a game for 2 players through lobby? Its just a question of loading a map i believe...

ATAG_Lolsav
Nov-17-2013, 07:27
See if this thread helps: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5424&highlight=starting+coop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs7AM04khn8

9./JG52_J-HAT
Nov-17-2013, 08:04
Hey destraex,

See what I answered you in the chat box. It is not the same as in old il-2. This topic has some threads in the forums too, check Lolsav's link. There is ways of doing it, but there are some things to watch out for.

9./JG52 Ziegler
Nov-17-2013, 08:20
I've done the lobby several times with squad mates and no problems but lately they all keep getting a time out when trying to join?

Is that because I don't wait for them to join before starting the mission? (as shown in Lolsav's vid where he types wait for friends to join in chat.)
PS: Yep that seems to work!

Destraex
Nov-17-2013, 16:07
Hey destraex,

See what I answered you in the chat box. It is not the same as in old il-2. This topic has some threads in the forums too, check Lolsav's link. There is ways of doing it, but there are some things to watch out for.

JHAT I missed what you said in chat sorry. I am in AU and had to go to bed.

Destraex
Nov-17-2013, 16:08
I've done the lobby several times with squad mates and no problems but lately they all keep getting a time out when trying to join?

Is that because I don't wait for them to join before starting the mission? (as shown in Lolsav's vid where he types wait for friends to join in chat.)
PS: Yep that seems to work!

What seems to work exactly?

Destraex
Nov-17-2013, 16:19
That video does not even need a script?

I will try that tonight.
It seems all we need to do is untick all the cannot switch planes options in realism when creating the server.
If so perfect thanks :)

9./JG52_J-HAT
Nov-17-2013, 18:26
No problem, Destraex. The other guys summed it up. I am rewriting it here, though :)

There is no coop like in old il-2. You run a normal dogfight server and make the mission with scripts and such so it kind of works like a regular coop. The plus side is you can have a longer mission, with multiple sorties and ongoing battles which can last for hours (for example, sow).
The downside is you need a rather well disciplined bunch to fly abiding the rules you set as host. For example, reflys, respawns, planesets and so on.
And you need to make an appointment, so everyone is there...

Sokol posted about the lobby in the linked thread, but I am not sure how it works.

Destraex
Nov-17-2013, 21:53
thanks Jhat.

I don't need the public to play.
Usually 4 or 5 of us are on skype when we play anything.
So getting everybody to join a lobby first should be fine.

From what I understand they just choose their aircraft and join from their.

I am not expecting all of them to want to take off and then fly for hours. Half of them are not that kind of player and I often do not have time to do that either.

I am planning to say have a squadron of spits start 2 minutes from a dunkirk scenario. Lots of ships and smoke. Bad weather and stukas bombing ships attempting to get out of the harbour etc. I synchronise this with AI BF110s and 109s coming on at almost the same time we will be overhead dunkirk. A furball of epic proportions will ensue and we will learn how to stay on each others wing and the basics of shooting down and running aircraft. The missions I build rarely go for more than 10 or 20mins before we go to another one.

Once we all get used to this sort of thing a few of us will join the AI side and we will have ourselves a ball.

Once we get used to this it's time to go online and also keep playing short n sweet scenarios for fun when we are together but short of time.

That was the plan anyways. See what happens tonight when I try the lobby method.

P.S. I still remember the days in my back room when 7 people crammed in with PCs and one of the games we played was il2. We made all sorts of crazy missions. Usually based on historical events and using every possible object authentically. THe good thing was that even non-tech or flight sim guys could be taught the basics. It was all about flying with your mates and having a laugh at how many people crashed on take off or ran into other pilots warming up :)

1lokos
Nov-17-2013, 22:40
Destraex,

If all fail... try Banks script.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=469199&postcount=1

Save the code with your mission name .cs (e.g. Dunkirk.cs) in the same folder of mission file.

Create your server - via Lobby* or Server - and type commands in chat so select aircraft - see here:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5424&p=57576&viewfull=1#post57576

Feedback about Banks script: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=506807&postcount=32

*Lobby only add the possibility to chat before mission.

Sokol1

Destraex
Nov-18-2013, 04:05
Banks script was the only thing that worked for me in the end, but combining it with the unticking of all the aircraft selection boxes probably combined for the win.

Banks script instructions are a little misleading. Initially because of the line below I thought I did not need the first step.

"Steps:
1) You must add the following line to your conf.ini or confs.ini (if you want to use the dedicated server):
Code:"

It says to add a line if you want to use the dedicated server... but in fact if you want to use the server at all you need this line and it is not a dedicated server.
A dedicated server is when you do not play your own server while running it. A dedicated server is something that you must run separately.

I did not have to run the server separately but did have to add the dedicated server line to make it work.

Thankyou to all that helped. I am now a very happy and excited man!
Thankyou also to my friend Andrew for putting up with all my testing!

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=469199&postcount=1

9./JG52 Ziegler
Nov-18-2013, 04:49
What worked for me was having the other people join in lobby before starting the server as Lolsav typed in chat line. Before that they would get time outs for some reason in client connect.

1lokos
Nov-18-2013, 10:09
Banks script was the only thing that worked for me in the end, but combining it with the unticking of all the aircraft selection boxes probably combined for the win.

Nice to know that have a "happy end". :thumbsup:

Write a illustrated "how to" tutorial for people use. :D

BTW - If want the CHAT commands in script can be shortened.

!help - this will show the available commands
!aircraft - this will show a list of all available aircraft starting with the id of the aircraft
!select# - this will place the player into the aircraft, replace # with the id of the aircraft, e.g. !select0 will place you into the first aircraft and so on.

!h
!a
!s#

Suggestion for COOP HOST screen:

http://i44.tinypic.com/a2ugjs.jpg

Sokol1

Destraex
Nov-18-2013, 16:00
1lokos that's great.
If you think other people will appreciate it I may write up a how to.

We played three times last night just the two of us. I intend to try with two or three more friends shortly.

danperin
Nov-18-2013, 21:45
Via 'Direct Connection' you can connect too.

Create a server with a password, choose a multiplayer/coop mission you want and wait in 'Start Battle' (you can start the map if you want). Before that, you need to provide your IP to the friends you want to join your game. You can easily see your IP acessing this website: http://www.whatismyip.com/. Your friends need to go to 'Search a Server - Direct Connect' and fill the IP area with the IP provided by you. The Port you and your friends will use need to be the same too, the most common is 27015 and 27016. You can edit it in game or in your 'user.ini' under Documents and Settings - 1C SoftClub - il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover or il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD (if you use TF patches).
If the 'Lobby way' don't work for me, the 'Direct Connection way' always works. ;)

Oh, and if you are the server, don't forget to leave under "Realism", "Aircraft Switching", all options unmarked! If you don't do this, you and your friends will not be able to spawn anywhere!

Destraex
Nov-19-2013, 02:34
dan I was going to post on youtube to thank you for your video. But then youtube decided for the first time that it wanted all my personal information before I could post anymore.
So accept my thanks here :)

9./JG52 Ziegler
Nov-19-2013, 05:00
Via 'Direct Connection' you can connect too.

Create a server with a password, choose a multiplayer/coop mission you want and wait in 'Start Battle' (you can start the map if you want). Before that, you need to provide your IP for the friends you want to join your game. You can easily see your IP acessing this website: http://www.whatismyip.com/. Your friends need to go to 'Search a Server - Direct Connect' and fill the IP area with the IP provided by you. The Port you and your friends will use need to be the same too, the most common is 27015 and 27016. You can edit it in game or in your 'user.ini' under Documents and Settings - 1C SoftClub - il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover or il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD (if you use TF patches).
If the 'Lobby way' don't work for me, the 'Direct Connection way' always works. ;)

Oh, and if you are the server, don't forget to leave under "Realism", "Aircraft Switching", all options unmarked! If you don't do this, you and your friends will not be able to spanw anywhere!

Thanks Dan,
I'll try this way also.
The port number is in the conf.ini folder just to clarify.
S!

danperin
Nov-19-2013, 05:48
You're welcome guys!

Please post here if it worked!

Cheers! :salute:

Oh, here's a mission i made to be played for practice single/coop/multi: http://www.airwarfare.com/sow/index.php/downloads/viewdownload/8-coop-missions-multi-player/557-battle-of-britain-1940
You can find plenty of spawn points in both sides, all with historical accuracy (in the spawn label you can see the squadron that belonged to that specific airfield). Almost all airfields are populated with objects and planes and you have up to 16 objectives each side. To keep the action, every 10 min. the map spawns 4 fighters per side to keep the battle over the channel.