PDA

View Full Version : Ju-88a

danperin
Nov-17-2013, 13:58
After the 4.0 patch i just can't fly with the JU-88 anymore. I start the correct procedure and just after the take off my engines starts to blown. I've always managed to fly with
the 88's before the patch. Don't know if now they are more correctly adjusted and i never managed to fly it well or if it is a problem with the new patch. :(

1lokos
Nov-17-2013, 14:11
Watch RPM an ATA limits (http://www.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/wiki/doku.php?id=ju88a1), and check if oil radiator are open.

I already blow up half of Jumo engines stocks. :D

Sokol1

danperin
Nov-17-2013, 14:49
Watch RPM an ATA limits (http://www.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/wiki/doku.php?id=ju88a1), and check if oil radiator are open.

I already blow up half of Jumo engines stocks. :D

Sokol1

Will check! :)

danperin
Nov-17-2013, 19:07
I can't even take-off with the prop pitch in 12h, everything above 11h blow the engines... :(

But despite of this, i managed to fly 1 hour and land without any problem, with no dive, just flying straight and keeping all at the 'lowest values as possible'
any attempt of dive leads to desaster, everything starts to blown. The JU-88A now is way too fragile. :stunned:

III./ZG76_Keller
Nov-17-2013, 19:58
I've flown many 88 sorties in 4.0 and haven't noticed any problems with it at all. There is a lot of throttle room when down low so keep your RPMs and ATA at the green marks and keep your rads open and you should be just fine. You can push the ATA to the yellow for quite some time but don't stay on red for too long.

Torric270
Nov-17-2013, 20:11
I can't even take-off with the prop pitch in 12h, everything above 11h blow the engines... :(

But despite of this, i managed to fly 1 hour and land without any problem, with no dive, just flying straight and keeping all at the 'lowest values as possible'
any attempt of dive leads to desaster, everything starts to blown. The JU-88A now is way too fragile. :stunned:

The 88 can be flown all day using the settings by the book. Check out the wiki here http://www.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/wiki/doku.php?id=ju88a1

The quick and easy answer is assuming you have both oil and water rads open, that you put all 4 of them at 100% open for now. From there, fly with your ATA and RPMs in the yellow band when climbing initially and the green band after 30 mins. For now I would even say don't get your RPMs above 2200 as I think (guessing) that is your problem (over reving for too long)

This will initially put you at 41% throttle immediately after takeoff, speaking of takeoff, I'll drop down my RPMs down to 85% right before I lift off and dropping them down from there so that there is little or no time at high RPM.

When diving drop your RPMs to full course (08:30) and keep your RPMs in the green arc (2100) by closing the throttle down as you dive, you should be able to hit 600 hm/h easily without blowing your engine. Just be careful not to lawn dart your plane by using elevator trim to help you get out of dive or make your dive shallower, or just hit the dive brake and slow down.

Hopefully this will help, if not, hit me up sometime when I'm flying and I'll jump in the bombardier station and see what's going on.

danperin
Nov-17-2013, 20:50
The 88 can be flown all day using the settings by the book. Check out the wiki here http://www.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/wiki/doku.php?id=ju88a1

The quick and easy answer is assuming you have both oil and water rads open, that you put all 4 of them at 100% open for now. From there, fly with your ATA and RPMs in the yellow band when climbing initially and the green band after 30 mins. For now I would even say don't get your RPMs above 2200 as I think (guessing) that is your problem (over reving for too long)

This will initially put you at 41% throttle immediately after takeoff, speaking of takeoff, I'll drop down my RPMs down to 85% right before I lift off and dropping them down from there so that there is little or no time at high RPM.

When diving drop your RPMs to full course (08:30) and keep your RPMs in the green arc (2100) by closing the throttle down as you dive, you should be able to hit 600 hm/h easily without blowing your engine. Just be careful not to lawn dart your plane by using elevator trim to help you get out of dive or make your dive shallower, or just hit the dive brake and slow down.

Hopefully this will help, if not, hit me up sometime when I'm flying and I'll jump in the bombardier station and see what's going on.

It helps alot! My problem is on the 'over reving for too long'! ;)

Thank you all guys!

EG14_Marcast
Nov-18-2013, 03:09
After patch 4.0 I never use more than 85% pitch at take off. For the rest, you have to take care as before to don't enter the red zone for RPM and ATA.

danperin
Nov-18-2013, 06:57
After patch 4.0 I never use more than 85% pitch at take off. For the rest, you have to take care as before to don't enter the red zone for RPM and ATA.

That was my main problem at first, (i usually take off with full prop pitch with any plane) and then the over revv. Now i can fly! ;)

AKA_Recon
Nov-18-2013, 07:26
good stuff... Ju88 is my next project :)

9./JG52_J-HAT
Nov-18-2013, 07:26
You can take off with full pitch, just watch the red lines on the tachos. I think you can also go full throttlen to begin your take off run, although I am not sure now if I just go to ~80% though (I have a "gate" in my throttle, which lets me just settle down at max settings in all planes for continuous power).
Just remember to drop prop pitch as soon as you lift off

Just keep an eye for the red lines on the four gauges all the time and you should be good to go. Yellow is 30 minutes, red is usually 5 minutes and green is cruise settings.

Remember to set your supercharger and not let it push your needles too far and beyond the red lines when it enganges. Altitude for that should be 3.500 IIRC.

E você voa a que horas no servidor? E nao deixe de se juntar a nós no TS. Estamos com certa falta de pessoal no TS Axis...

danperin
Nov-18-2013, 07:52
You can take off with full pitch, just watch the red lines on the tachos. I think you can also go full throttlen to begin your take off run, although I am not sure now if I just go to ~80% though (I have a "gate" in my throttle, which lets me just settle down at max settings in all planes for continuous power).

Just keep an eye for the red lines on the four gauges all the time and you should be good to go. Yellow is 30 minutes, red is usually 5 minutes and green is cruise settings.

Remember to set your supercharger and not let it push your needles too far and beyond the red lines when it enganges. Altitude for that should be 3.500 IIRC.

E você voa a que horas no servidor? E nao deixe de se juntar a nós no TS. Estamos com certa falta de pessoal no TS Axis...

Olá, Jhat!

Durante a semana entro depois das 20h, mas é de fim de semana que jogo por mais tempo! Vamos nos falar!

Obrigado! Grande abraço!

Thank you all, i like to fly the 88 but my main plane is the BF-110 (C-7)! That would be awesome to fly some bomb sorties with you guys!
I need someone to lead me to the targets, i just know a couple. :salute:

Torric270
Nov-18-2013, 11:27

On the 88, red is 1 min (I believe 5 min is for fighters) and the supercharger engages at 2600. I use full throttle for takeoff, as my speed increases I start pulling the pitch back to about 85% at liftoff. Immediately after liftoff I pull my throttle back to 41% (yellow line) and adjust prop pitch as needed usually keeping it between green and yellow lines.

This will set you up for the climb, you can turn on the supercharger at any time as it will kick in by itself at 2600 m. This will allow you to climb at 41% throttle all the way to 3400 m before you have to start adding throttle to maintain 1.15 on the ATA arriving at 100% throttle at 4500m or so. Since it is a variable pitch prop, you will just have to keep pulling your pitch back as you climb to keep the RPMs correct.

9./JG52_J-HAT
Nov-18-2013, 12:18
Thanks for the comments, Torric. Yeah, I checked the Wiki later on and saw the correct supercharger height.

By the way, do I need to turn the gunsight illumination while in the bombsight? I can't see the lines and marks, just the blank whole and the black surroundings.

Torric270
Nov-18-2013, 12:21
Thanks for the comments, Torric. Yeah, I checked the Wiki later on and saw the correct supercharger height.

By the way, do I need to turn the gunsight illumination while in the bombsight? I can't see the lines and marks, just the blank whole and the black surroundings.

I don't believe so, I always turn on my gunsight when starting so I'll have to check but the bombsight lines will disappear if you have been maneuvering too hard, just wait a minute, the bomsight should come back after you have flown straight for a while.

Just checked, bombsight lights are on all the time.

9./JG52_J-HAT
Nov-18-2013, 12:56
Thanks.

I just checked it. Offline it works. As soon as I go online (tested in ATAG and SOW) it is like a spyglass... bug to report I guess.

Here's the screenshot just taken now in the SOW server.

Sandy1942
Nov-23-2013, 06:34
After start of engines the sight starts working. Probably, it imitates inclusion electricians.

9./JG52_J-HAT
Nov-23-2013, 10:18
Yeah, thanks. I noticed the sight also goes off when you do some hard turning.

I was practicing level bombing offline so I can go online with it and actually hit something after flying half an hour :)
Hadn't had a chance to start the plane online and level bomb yet after posting this thread.

By the way, why does the bomb bay closes automatically after you open it sometimes?

Torric270
Nov-23-2013, 11:26
Yeah, thanks. I noticed the sight also goes off when you do some hard turning.

I was practicing level bombing offline so I can go online with it and actually hit something after flying half an hour :)
Hadn't had a chance to start the plane online and level bomb yet after posting this thread.

By the way, why does the bomb bay closes automatically after you open it sometimes?

The doors close after a bomb drop, a original holdover from giving it Bennie type doors

9./JG52_J-HAT
Nov-23-2013, 19:40
Thanks, Torric. I know about that one problem. But what I've had a couple of times offline is when I try to open them they will immediatly close. I just see the first message bomb bay opening and immediatly after it the bomb bay close message.
I only use the bomb bay doors toggle key, by the way, not the separate open and close.
I think I know what it is, though. Could it be your bay won't open when you don't have any bombs left?
I've had the opposite problem too, where the bay wouldn't close at all too (no bombs loaded offline apparently).

I was using the airfield attack mission to test it. In the "no bombs case" I selected the Stuka flight and replaced them with Ju 88 in the quick mission menu.

Torric270
Nov-23-2013, 19:43
Thanks, Torric. I know about that one problem. But what I've had a couple of times offline is when I try to open them (bomb bay selected, bombs armed on salvo) they will immediatly close. I just see the first message bomb bay opening and immediatly after it the bomb bay close message. So if I want to drop the bombs, they start opening agan until the bombs are dropped. Which obviously makes me miss the target.
I only use the bomb bay doors toggle key, by the way, not the separate open and close.
I think I know what it is, though. Could it be your bay won't open when you don't have any bombs left?
I've had the opposite problem, where you bay would close at all too (no bombs loaded offline).

I was using the airfield attack mission to test it. In the "no bombs case" I selected the Stuka flight and replaced them with Ju 88 in the quick mission menu.

I think they is a small bug when you use the toggle button. Just use open and close bomb bay doors individually and see if this helps.

Also, since you started level bombing have you seen this, hopefully it will help also. http://www.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/wiki/doku.php?id=ju88bomb

Yes, in the quick mission you won't have any bombs, if you move it to the FMB you can add them.

9./JG52_J-HAT
Nov-24-2013, 05:23
Thanks again, Torric.

Yeah, I know that wiki backwords :p I have been reading it and trying to implement it. The difficulty has been in the quick mission you start to close to the target and needs to set it all up too quickly, which sometimes gets you ahead of the drop point. I do carry six sc50 though and could in my last try drop them on one of the hangars.

I'll setup a mission in fmb to test it properly and assign the different keys to the bomb bay.

9./JG52_J-HAT
Nov-24-2013, 10:46
Hey Torric,

I am doing something wrong here.

Adjust airspeed and altitude (ctrl 1 and 7 and ctrl 3 and 9 respectively) for the sight. I aim with the increase decrease sight distance (ctrl 8 and 2) and put the crosshairs on top of the target from far away.
I assume where I put the crosshairs on and then turn on bomb sight automation is where I want the bombs to drop. Then the sight starts going down and down when I get closer to the target. When should I drop the bombs?

I am assuming here I shouldn't touch my drop ordnance button.

The guide doesn't really tell you how to level bomb, sorry.

1lokos
Nov-24-2013, 11:54
You need enter speed in TAS (convert from IAS :D):

http://upload.wikimedia.org/math/4/d/0/4d011c05985dd31eb4b61ea660747514.png

Or using this "flight computer":

http://www.pumaszallas.hu/images/stories/elmelet_navigacio/dr_tarcsa_swf/dr3v10.swf

Or access this url with Steam Browser (overly over game) and use Lotfe assistant:

http://clodtools.weebly.com/

After setting the Lotfe and engage "bombsight automation" the bomb release is automatic, just dont expect hear a "bombs away" or HUD message: "Out of ammo" or a "tuiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii" sound. :)

Dont forget to arm bombs fuses.

Sokol1

9./JG52_J-HAT
Nov-24-2013, 12:09
Thanks Sokol. My problem is just when to drop the bombs. It drops automatically then, that s what I wanted to know, thanks. The rest was clear to me from the beginning.

And when does it drop? When it reaches the other white arrow or the clear one at the bottom?

9./JG52_J-HAT
Nov-25-2013, 05:18
Thanks for the tips last night, Torric! I kind of got it sorted out. Spread is very large for the bombs, though, you can't hit everything on top of a building, for example.

Should I use series with 0 separation instead of salvo?

And I noticed this yesterday in one of the maps. The buildings pop up vaery late for level bombing, which makes it very hard to align on target soon enough. Unless you know exactly where it is or you are just hitting an airfield.

Is there any work around for making the targets appear earlier? In this case it was the british armory at g7.4 in one of the winter maps (the one with the ships and that gets dark after 1600 hours).

1lokos
Nov-25-2013, 08:59
KG.55 Kaiser say that in CLoD the effect of air resistance is modeled on bomb ballistic, but the adjust for compensate this in Lotfe is not include.

http://forumimage.ru/thumbs/20131021/138234480121702016.jpg
http://forumimage.ru/thumbs/20131021/138234367804454381.jpg

http://kg55.mybb2.ru/viewtopic.php?t=240

Sokol1

Torric270
Nov-25-2013, 12:04
Thanks for the tips last night, Torric! I kind of got it sorted out. Spread is very large for the bombs, though, you can't hit everything on top of a building, for example.

Should I use series with 0 separation instead of salvo?

And I noticed this yesterday in one of the maps. The buildings pop up vaery late for level bombing, which makes it very hard to align on target soon enough. Unless you know exactly where it is or you are just hitting an airfield.

Is there any work around for making the targets appear earlier? In this case it was the british armory at g7.4 in one of the winter maps (the one with the ships and that gets dark after 1600 hours).

Yep the 88 spreads the bombs out pretty far so it comes down to want you are trying to do. For G 7, most of the time I'll drop a salvo as it will drop many 50s and the 250s in a fairly small area, the rest of course drop short. This works well as it is a hard target with vicious anti aircraft guns.

If you choose series, you only get up to 24 bombs and are just as spread out as series drops them in sequence instead of a blob. If you use infinite it will drop them all, but they will be even more spread out with 250s dropped last.

This leads me to what I do most of the time, I'll drop 14 50s whether level, glide, or dive bombing as it gives you the option for 2 rounds of 14 and use the 250s in single mode to finish off a target.

So back to G 7 or any others level bombing. You can drop 14 50s, if that doesn't work come around for another level bombing pass, if still up, you can dive down and use low level 250s to finish it off.

As far as the targets, you just have to know where they are at as the higher you go the less time you will see them.

Torric270
Nov-25-2013, 12:08
KG.55 Kaiser say that in CLoD the effect of air resistance is modeled on bomb ballistic, but the adjust for compensate this in Lotfe is not include.

http://forumimage.ru/thumbs/20131021/138234480121702016.jpg
http://forumimage.ru/thumbs/20131021/138234367804454381.jpg

http://kg55.mybb2.ru/viewtopic.php?t=240

Sokol1

I believe Luthier and company added this in as there used to be a lot of work around formulas to get bombs to drop correctly. Right now the 50s on the 88, and 250s on the 111 drop true using TAS and bombing alt.

1lokos
Nov-27-2013, 19:38
I am translating Piper Kiev KG.54 Ju88 Campaign, and take some rides in Ju88. :D

See that Ju88 flap is not properly modeled, due this the control lever is Up, Neutral, Down, Up again...

I think in map some fixed flaps position, the question is, are some kind of flap indicator in Ju88 cockpit?

What should by considered a good set for take-off?

I someone want to test, the first mission:

https://anonfiles.com/file/6001242ba682c260af1124bdcddf44fb

I change the SpawnParked to SpawnIdle, Ju88 ground handling is very bad, and around runway is "crammed". :D

I add some slides with procedure reminders, please tell if are useful.

Sokol1

ATAG_Snapper
Nov-27-2013, 19:58
Fascinating thread.

What is everyone's favourite approach to the G7.4 target area? (Altitude -- in angels, please, plus speed -- in mph IAS if you please -- would be very.....ah......instructive) :D

:devilish:

1lokos
Nov-28-2013, 20:39
I think in map some fixed flaps position, the question is, are some kind of flap indicator in Ju88 cockpit?
Sokol1

Afh! Only after look at real manual find this thing, "hidden" behind airbrake lever... :whacky:

Ju88 flaps operation is very awkward, no way to set a macro to this...

Sokol1

Torric270
Nov-29-2013, 02:30
I am translating Piper Kiev KG.54 Ju88 Campaign, and take some rides in Ju88. :D

See that Ju88 flap is not properly modeled, due this the control lever is Up, Neutral, Down, Up again...

What should by considered a good set for take-off?

I someone want to test, the first mission:

https://anonfiles.com/file/6001242ba682c260af1124bdcddf44fb

I change the SpawnParked to SpawnIdle, Ju88 ground handling is very bad, and around runway is "crammed". :D

I add some slides with procedure reminders, please tell if are useful.

Sokol1

Glad you found the indicator, for take-off I put my flaps down at the the first dot (guessing 10-20 deg) but it only takes 1-2 seconds to get there. Slides look good except that the blue writing is hard to see in the upper slides.

Campaign is looking good so far, I will keep at it.

Hoots
Nov-29-2013, 02:33
This is a great thread, the 88 is probably my fave plane in the game, mostly because it's not easy to fly and keep happy, the bombing tips are very handy, found most of it out by trial and error but this adds the fine points. Thanks all for the contributions.

To snapper, I go in stupidly high, can't find it, circle a bit, find it, miss it, swear, head home, get shot at, crash or land. And yet I still love flying the 88

EG14_Marcast
Nov-29-2013, 05:23
One question: I like to perform also high level bombing, especially on big targets as in Operation Home Plate. Unfortunately the visibility in this map is always poor, with a very low cloud ceiling. The problem is that if you take off with high altitude fuses and you find bad weather over the target, you cannot go down and drop lower than 1000 m. This means that you have to keep on flying around looking for a new target, not a nice thing to do with British fighters swarming around. So what about dropping from high altitude with LOW level fuses? This could allow you to change your attack tactic in every moment: clear sky, high level bombing, heavy clouds, then down to the ground. I made a few experiments offline, and I’m sure that low level fuses work at least to 2000 m. But once I bombed Kenley online from 3000 m. and I think the bombs didn’t explode, but I’m not sure. What’s your experience?

1lokos
Nov-29-2013, 07:16
...mostly because it's not easy to fly and keep happy,

In fact is not difficult, you just need take some adhesive tape and limit you joystick throttle course to 50/55%. :)

Sokol1

9./JG52_J-HAT
Nov-29-2013, 09:07
Hi Marcast,

I always use the regular fuses I also use for dive bombing. I don't recall ever changing them to high altitude for level bombing. Someone correct me please, if they don't work.

I find the clouds add another challenge to it. I was flying trying to reach Manston on Homeplate last weekend and could only see Manston through a whole in the cloud cover. The hardest part was apporaching though. As you need to know the terrain very well to see if that little spot of land you see will lead you to your target. It makes a fine challenge.

Snapper, I take my Ju 88 to Hawkinge at low altitude, climb to angels 20 heading directly north of Hawkinge and come down on the target from the NE at the same altitude. After that I just loiter around Lympne, Littlestone area and wait for fighters so I can shoot them down with my gunners :-P

ATAG_Snapper
Nov-29-2013, 10:42
@Hoots & JHAT: :-P

:)

EG14_Marcast
Nov-29-2013, 11:31
Fascinating thread.

What is everyone's favourite approach to the G7.4 target area?

You should see me well. When I get there I usually am at the beginning of a long black smoke trail :-)

1lokos
Nov-29-2013, 19:54
Did some trial with linked (KG.54 campaign) mission, "per orders".

I spite leader order "Echelon Right", I stay in "Line astern" behind then (alt:1500m, 300KM/H)
when he drop I count "10" and drop (bombsight not used).

He lost (red arrow, not rendered) but I managed in do some damage. :thumbsup:

http://i39.tinypic.com/21jd6d4.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/105v59y.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/2sacilz.jpg

:D

Sokol1

EG14_Marcast
Nov-30-2013, 05:50
Hi Marcast,

I always use the regular fuses I also use for dive bombing. I don't recall ever changing them to high altitude for level bombing. Someone correct me please, if they don't work.

They definitely work, I tested twice last night in Homeplate. Does anybody know if there is a way to realize when the bombs are released while looking through the bombsight? I keep on staying there until it goes back to the original position but I think the bombs are dropped much before.

9./JG52_J-HAT
Nov-30-2013, 07:30
Yesterday I noticed the plane shook a bit when the bombs dropped. I assumed it was the bombs dropping, at least, the timing was just right. As if the reduced weight from the bombs made the plane gain some meters in altitude.

Torric270
Nov-30-2013, 13:36
They definitely work, I tested twice last night in Homeplate. Does anybody know if there is a way to realize when the bombs are released while looking through the bombsight? I keep on staying there until it goes back to the original position but I think the bombs are dropped much before.

The plane will move when you drop a salvo drop or close to it. If you drop less than that you will not have any indication when the bombs drop. One way to know is to be in the ventral gunner when they are close to dropping; around 28 deg at 4000 m.

This number will change somewhat depending whether your in a slight climb or dive so the further away from the target you are before entering mode 22 the better for more consistent runs.

As you bomb from higher altitude the number will go down and the lower the alt the higher the number will be. To know for sure for each alt, set up a mission in FMB and bomb from different alt, be in the ventral gunner and when the bombs drop hit pause, jump back to bombardier station and note the deg in the bombsight.

Don't forget if you drop less than a full bomb load to shut off the bombsight automation after the drop because if you let the bombsight go all the way to the bottom it will drop the next set of bombs when the arrows meet (known bug)

1lokos
Nov-30-2013, 18:33
Does anybody know if there is a way to realize when the bombs are released while looking through the bombsight?

Look at control yoke, the red button "Bomben" in right "horn" stay pressed after automation drop the bombs. :thumbsup:

http://i39.tinypic.com/zjux5x.jpg

This dont show bombs gone, just that automation are engaged, since the system always trow, means "bombs away".

Sokol1

trademe900
Dec-01-2013, 06:15
One question: I like to perform also high level bombing, especially on big targets as in Operation Home Plate. Unfortunately the visibility in this map is always poor, with a very low cloud ceiling. The problem is that if you take off with high altitude fuses and you find bad weather over the target, you cannot go down and drop lower than 1000 m. This means that you have to keep on flying around looking for a new target, not a nice thing to do with British fighters swarming around. So what about dropping from high altitude with LOW level fuses? This could allow you to change your attack tactic in every moment: clear sky, high level bombing, heavy clouds, then down to the ground. I made a few experiments offline, and I’m sure that low level fuses work at least to 2000 m. But once I bombed Kenley online from 3000 m. and I think the bombs didn’t explode, but I’m not sure. What’s your experience?

I know there are often lots of clouds on this map but once you get really familiar with your Lotfe settings and level bomb at a consistent speed and altitude, you will not have too much of a problem with large targets. Just start the bombing approach to the airfield from afar, with your Lotfe settings all ready. There will always be a moment you can catch a glimpse of the airfield, and when you do sight it, start the Lotfe bombsight automation. If your settings are accurate then the bombsight will stay on target from a long distance and it will land bombs on target, despite not being able to see the airfield...

there seems to be a bug with the ju88 where you can not open the bomb doors in pilot or bombsight position... you have to switch to gunner position sometimes

9./JG52_J-HAT
Dec-01-2013, 08:30
Hey trademe, I have never had this problem. Sometimes it used to open the bays and close them right after, making bombing impossible. But always from the bombardier or pilot positions.
I stopped using toggle bomb bay door and started using two different keys for open and close. This stopped all issues. Thanks to Torric for that.

What is making it hard for me atm is the mode 22 which takes quite some time to level out properly. And adjusting course makes your altitude and speed change, which requires new adjustments. I need to start aligning the target still over France already for the coastal airfields.

1lokos
Dec-01-2013, 16:52
Just for curiosity.

Find some "Ju88A" (game) manual, but this settings confuse me:

http://i41.tinypic.com/6frtwy.jpg

Here:

Hohenfl = Flaps Up
0 = Neutral
Ladenklappen = Flaps start drop until 50º (full deflection) or are stopped, by moving lever back for 0.
Hohenfl = Flaps Up ?????

In Ju88 original manual this "Hohenfl" means Höhenflosse und Landeklappen ~ Tailplane and flaps.

It's supposed to adjust elevator together flaps? (not how work in game).

Sokol1

9./JG52_J-HAT
Dec-01-2013, 18:46
Yeah, you would have the option to lower only your flaps (second dent from the left) or both horizontal stabilizer (actually elevator, as that's apparently all that moves) and flaps (first dent from the left). When you raise them though you can only raise both.

That's what it says on the descriptions next to the lever. What does the manual say about the stabilizers moving?

I just read a report on a captured Ju 88. It had an automatic elevator control that would aid the pilot in pulling out of dives. Maybe when you put both your elevator and flaps "down" you are actually deflecting your elevator down to aid bringing the tail up during take-off and nose down to land? And don't know how that would help though.

PS: sabia que te conhecia, Sokol. Jambock_21. Não? Já fui o 45, antes de 2002.

EG14_Marcast
Dec-02-2013, 03:25
Other question: in level bombing, when you set a delay in bombs' release, the "carpet" covered by explosions can be quite long. What you have in the cross of your bombsight is then the target of the first bomb or another part of the strip?

EG14_Marcast
Dec-02-2013, 03:39
What is making it hard for me atm is the mode 22 which takes quite some time to level out properly. And adjusting course makes your altitude and speed change, which requires new adjustments. I need to start aligning the target still over France already for the coastal airfields.

I use to set the approximate altitude and speed at which I'm going to drop short after take off. I engage R22 at maybe 30 km from the target and then after checked actual altitude and speed I shift to bombsight and I don't move until dropping. I don't check anymore alt and speed, but I take care that, once engaged automation, the cross stays in a fixed point using only the bombsight altitude setter.

1lokos
Dec-02-2013, 08:28
What does the manual say about the stabilizers moving?
I just read a report on a captured Ju 88. It had an automatic elevator control that would aid the pilot in pulling out of dives. Maybe when you put both your elevator and flaps "down" you are actually deflecting your elevator down to aid bringing the tail up during take-off and nose down to land? And don't know how that would help though.

See the manual Ju 88 A-1 Betriebsanleitung - 1940 März, pag 19/20

https://anonfiles.com/file/f4bae6203086e3ef3b5cc8145eed7ccc

PS: sabia que te conhecia, Sokol. Jambock_21. Não? Já fui o 45, antes de 2002.

Isso, Jambock_21. :thumbsup:
Dessa sua epóca, acho que não restou ninguem na simulação de voo.
Aliás dos >35 em 2003/4 deve ter uns 3 ou 4 que ainda "voam" ... esporadicamente.

Sokol1

danperin
Dec-02-2013, 09:32
See the manual Ju 88 A-1 Betriebsanleitung - 1940 März, pag 19/20

https://anonfiles.com/file/f4bae6203086e3ef3b5cc8145eed7ccc

Sokol1

Wow,

Amazing manual