PDA

View Full Version : is TF investigating the game freeze at plane selection?

Flyby
Nov-18-2013, 09:25
Seems I'm not the only one having this issue:
*online, join a server (ususally ATAG), select a flag to fly under, then select a base. At this point when I go to make a plane change (either by pressing the "plane" button, or clicking the plane image), the plane choices appear. As I select a plane the game freezes. I then have to get into Task Manager and I see that the game has stopped responding, so I end it. Oddly there are times when I can go through the whole process, including changing load-outs, but once completed, the next attempt to change planes freezes the game on the selection page again.
* offline, same thing.
I'm running Win8, with 8 gigs of ram, Intel 3570k processor (not overclocked) and ASUS/Nvidia GTX 770 with 331.65 driver (Win8 is up to date).
Also, while I'm at it, I've tried several suggestions here to cure micro-stutters, which I only encounter with online play. No cure works yet. are there some changes I can make to my net settings in a config file?
thank you,
Flyby out

Catseye
Nov-18-2013, 11:30
Seems I'm not the only one having this issue:
*online, join a server (ususally ATAG), select a flag to fly under, then select a base. At this point when I go to make a plane change (either by pressing the "plane" button, or clicking the plane image), the plane choices appear. As I select a plane the game freezes. I then have to get into Task Manager and I see that the game has stopped responding, so I end it. Oddly there are times when I can go through the whole process, including changing load-outs, but once completed, the next attempt to change planes freezes the game on the selection page again.
* offline, same thing.
I'm running Win8, with 8 gigs of ram, Intel 3570k processor (not overclocked) and ASUS/Nvidia GTX 770 with 331.65 driver (Win8 is up to date).
Also, while I'm at it, I've tried several suggestions here to cure micro-stutters, which I only encounter with online play. No cure works yet. are there some changes I can make to my net settings in a config file?
thank you,
Flyby out

Hi Flyby,

There may be more information here.

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6647&highlight=windows

Cheers,

Flyby
Nov-18-2013, 13:03
Hi Flyby,

There may be more information here.

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6647&highlight=windows

Cheers,
Birdy's technique worked flawlessly for me! I'm very relieved. I thanked him, of course.
Flyby out

Catseye
Nov-18-2013, 15:04
Birdy's technique worked flawlessly for me! I'm very relieved. I thanked him, of course.
Flyby out

Glad to hear it.

Well done.