PDA

View Full Version : Bombsight in German bombers

9./JG52_J-HAT
Nov-18-2013, 13:11
Hey everyone,

I just noticed I don't have a proper bombsight in the Ju 88 or He 111. I can't tell how it was before TF4 as this is the first time I was in there..
I was doing some testing just now and in the He 111 online the gunsight went on after I leaned to gunsight twice. The second time the markings showed up. In the Ju 88 it took some time before it showed, after going several times in and out of bomsight view. But this only when I turned on the engines.

In the He 111 it worked ok.

Does it have anything to do with batteries or generators? What am I doing wrong? Offline I tested in the London Raid quickie, where the plane is already flying. Worked for the first time ok after hitting lean to gunsight.

Torric270
Nov-18-2013, 13:17
Hey everyone,

I just noticed I don't have a proper bombsight in the Ju 88 or He 111. I can't tell how it was before TF4 as this is the first time I was in there..
I was doing some testing just now and in the He 111 online the gunsight went on after I leaned to gunsight twice. The second time the markings showed up. In the Ju 88 it took some time before it showed, after going several times in and out of bomsight view. But this only when I turned on the engines.

In the He 111 it worked ok.

Does it have anything to do with batteries or generators? What am I doing wrong? Offline I tested in the London Raid quickie, where the plane is already flying. Worked for the first time ok after hitting lean to gunsight.

I just think the 88 takes longer to spool up then the 111, (the 88 bombsight came on about a min after starting) I wouldn't be concerned unless you had nothing there when you got ready to bomb

Both of the bomb sights take a while to calibrate as it were, so during hard turning the bombsights will disappear, only only reappear after flying straight for a while. I'm sure this is put in the game to mimic that these are precise instruments (My take anyway.)

9./JG52_J-HAT
Nov-18-2013, 13:20
Roger, thanks again Torric!