PDA

View Full Version : Operation Homeplate glitch?

StormBat
Nov-21-2013, 13:45
Hey all, was just on the Operation Homeplate and Elgringo and I were flying Ju-88's. We bombed Hawkinge a few times and nothing happened, no damage report or anything. Bombs were armed and did explode on the base but still nothing. was it a glitch?.. maybe a script error? Anyway thought I would let you know. Good map, when it's working properly. :thumbsup:

Salmo
Nov-21-2013, 16:09
Hey all, was just on the Operation Homeplate and Elgringo and I were flying Ju-88's. We bombed Hawkinge a few times and nothing happened, no damage report or anything. Bombs were armed and did explode on the base but still nothing. was it a glitch?.. maybe a script error? Anyway thought I would let you know. Good map, when it's working properly. :thumbsup:

Thankyou StormBat. Bombs have to fall within the grassed area of the field, & of course they have to be armed etc. This part of the script has been working satisfactorily for some time now so, if you've definitely excluded pilot error, then we would have to be looking at a Ju88 bomb bug. I know others have bombed fields with Ju88's without problems. Can you let me know if this happens again.

StormBat
Nov-22-2013, 02:32
Thankyou StormBat. Bombs have to fall within the grassed area of the field, & of course they have to be armed etc. This part of the script has been working satisfactorily for some time now so, if you've definitely excluded pilot error, then we would have to be looking at a Ju88 bomb bug. I know others have bombed fields with Ju88's without problems. Can you let me know if this happens again.

Ya they were perfectly on target and armed with the right fuses, no problem there. But I have been noticing a lot of people having problems with bombs lately. Mostly they don't detonate even while armed and fused right, and it's not just the Ju-88s. Tonight Drock and I were testing the 250pound bomb on the 109 E-4B with the exact same set up as Berzerker's. His(Berserker) were detonating no problem but mine and Drocks didn't. We even left the game after doing our loadouts and coming back in because sometimes it can be an issue recognizing loadouts right away, but still nothing. I'm suspecting it's not the map, but maybe somewhere in TF 4.00 that might have screwed things up a bit, but at this point it's all speculation. I'll keep you informed if I or anyone else has any more issues with it. Thanks Mate for the map BTW.

ElGringo
Nov-22-2013, 08:52
For the bombs not exploding, it might be an altitude issue. Even with low alt fuse, bombs need at least 25 or 50 meters of altitude depending on the type.
Anyway there was a problem yesterday in homeplate. I m used to do bombing in this mission and never had a problem. But yesterday the damage on airfields was not registering. Something weird though: at one time i saw a message saying that Lympne was damaged from 0 to 50% and I think it was an AI flight doing it. So it s working for them.