PDA

View Full Version : Refuel/Rearm

coolhand3011
Nov-23-2013, 09:49
I've got to say TF 4.0 is simply amazing! I was just curious if the <rr command was going to make a comeback on some of the ATAG server missions now that the patch is out. I really miss having that option when I'm flying, so great to fly a harrowing sortie land, pop the canopy and let fritz roll out and gas me up while I have a quick smoke break irl. When that's done come back to the same plane and go back into the fray again provided I hid myself well enough from the vultures. :P

ATAG_Snapper
Nov-23-2013, 10:19
I agree with you 100%, Coolhand! :thumbsup:

However, as you may know the <rr function is not a Team Fusion creation, but an in-house feature of the ATAG Server. It needs to be re-scripted for the 4.00 TF patch, but indications are it will reappear in an even better form when our Chief Boffin can find a few moments to work on it.

:salute:

coolhand3011
Nov-24-2013, 10:34
Thanks for the heads up snapper!

Destraex
Nov-29-2013, 19:35
thIs will be great!

Roblex
Nov-30-2013, 11:38
OK, time to speculate wildly on how the RR is going to be improved :D

The truck actually drives out to you from a hangar?
There is a separate animation of the ammo being loaded?
The fuel gauges increase as the fuel goes in and you can stop the refuel when you have enough?
You choose how much fuel you want in advance?
Refuel only available in a certain place? (Would be nice to get rid of the pratts that refuel in the middle of the runway)
Holes can be patched but it takes twice as long to patch a spit than a hurri.

It is hard to think of any way to improve it significantly.

coolhand3011
Nov-30-2013, 15:42
OK, time to speculate wildly on how the RR is going to be improved :D

There is a separate animation of the ammo being loaded?
The fuel gauges increase as the fuel goes in and you can stop the refuel when you have enough?
You choose how much fuel you want in advance?
Refuel only available in a certain place? (Would be nice to get rid of the pratts that refuel in the middle of the runway)
Holes can be patched but it takes twice as long to patch a spit than a hurri.

It is hard to think of any way to improve it significantly.

This would be cool but being able to rearm if you have zero rounds in the guns would be better instead of trying to save to last few rounds so you can rearm. :thumbsup:

Bear Pilot
Nov-30-2013, 18:14
This would be cool but being able to rearm if you have zero rounds in the guns would be better instead of trying to save to last few rounds so you can rearm. :thumbsup:

+1

Also being able to re-arm bombers would be awesome. Even if it took 10 minutes. I know that's still very unrealistic but assuming I survive a bomber sortie, it means I've been sitting for at least 1 hour if not longer. So, often I take a break anyway.

1lokos
Nov-30-2013, 19:33

When you notice that truck takes >5 minutes just to reach the runway... if the driver is not "drunk"... :D

Sokol1

Roblex
Dec-01-2013, 04:20
+1

Also being able to re-arm bombers would be awesome. Even if it took 10 minutes. I know that's still very unrealistic but assuming I survive a bomber sortie, it means I've been sitting for at least 1 hour if not longer. So, often I take a break anyway.

I like that idea in theory though leaving your bomber parked on the field while it is rearmed is just asking for trouble. It is bad enough in a fighter!

Perhaps that is an improvement that could be useful; make it so there is no need to sit in the aircraft and risk being killed while it is being re-armed. The re-arm process assumes you have got out to stretch your legs and take a pee so if your aircraft gets straffed you don't get a death on your stats. Maybe it could take you to external view while refueling is happening (just taking a pee in the bushes :D)

The bottom line is that, cool as it looks, there is very little practical reason for sitting in your plane on the field for ten minutes waiting to be killed in your cockpit when you could just get a new plane and be taking off again 30 seconds later. The stats system does not really reward you. If you place importance on 'kills per sortie' then it is already ruined by the stats system thinking that spawning in then deciding to change aircraft or rolling backwards down the hill or being stuck in the hangar is a sortie. For a bomber pilot there is no reason at all unless you are in a 'one plane' campaign. If the stats system was fixed to only count sorties from 'wheels up' then things would be a lot better. I know it can be done as the SoW stats record what time you left the ground. Counting ground targets destroyed properly would also be nice. Before I get flamed, I am not saying TF or anyone else should change the stats system just for me. I am just saying *it can be done* and might bring advantages.

ATAG_Bliss
Dec-01-2013, 05:17
Refuel/Rearm will be back. :D

9./JG52_J-HAT
Dec-01-2013, 05:30
Nice!

And nice to see you are set up again, Bliss!