PDA

View Full Version : The Red army & Blue army? Can this be changed?

kennel
Nov-24-2013, 14:06
When ever we fly online we have the choise of joining the red or the blue army.
Why cant this be changed to the Allied airforce, the Axis airforce or the RAF & the Luftwaffe or the Regia Aeronautica?
Just a thought, the only airforce to have air armies was the Soviet Union I think

kennel
Nov-28-2013, 23:56
The qustion I have asked is directed to the people who can mod Clod as I know it is not currently possible. Anybody got any thoughts on this?

kennel

Mysticpuma
Nov-29-2013, 11:31
Got to be honest, I quite like your suggestion :)

SoW Reddog
Nov-29-2013, 12:00
I've thought about this for a while, and I kind of like the Red/Blue aspect for writing on Forums, as it clearly isolates politics from discussions of balance. The last thing you want is people calling Blue players Nazi's which can/does happen without this "alias" whether intentionally insulting or not.:recon:

ATAG_Slipstream
Nov-29-2013, 12:29
I've thought about this for a while, and I kind of like the Red/Blue aspect for writing on Forums, as it clearly isolates politics from discussions of balance. The last thing you want is people calling Blue players Nazi's which can/does happen without this "alias" whether intentionally insulting or not.:recon:

I'm with Reddog on this.

It also makes much easier if all allies are one colour and all axis the other especially when other theatres are added to the game.

~S~

EDIT: Actually I misread the OP, although you have to consider that ground armies in the form of vehicles were intended in the original game so I'm guessing that is why they are called armies.

kennel
Nov-29-2013, 13:04
I just find it really queer that in a simulation of Battle of Britain I am required to join a red or blue army & then fly a plane.

ATAG_Knuckles
Nov-29-2013, 13:18
I always thought it was rather goofy, just figured it was a Russian thing

Sorta like "you just murdered the pilot". :-P