PDA

View Full Version : Southern England? Inland/London? Docks? Lots of targets/scenarios unused?

SamJoDo
Nov-25-2013, 12:35
I know nothing about designing MP missions or anything but there seems to be a lot of discussion around 'variety'. I see the Storm of War server sometimes covers the southern England area. Can the wizards of ATAG introduce/create some new scenarios/maps?

Use airbases/targets around southern England and the French side directly across from it?
Inland RAF airfields and make docks and / or London area targets?

Just 'thinking out loud'. Seems ATAG servers only use an extremely small portion of the available map.

Roblex
Nov-25-2013, 12:48
We do have targets at Redhill and Tonbridge and there used to be a mission with targets West of London though that one allowed the Blues to take off from Manston. Normally the reason given for not having London as a target is that it is too far to expect Blue bombers to fly but I am not sure that is true when you consider that the usual route taken to attack Redhill is to come via the South Coast making landfall somewhere between Beachy Head and Brighton which is quite a long flight.

SoW Reddog
Nov-25-2013, 16:32
I hate to bang on about it, but my mission has targets just outside London, including the Sector airfields. Unfortunately it doesn't appear to be on the rotation.

ATAG_Freya
Nov-25-2013, 22:01
I hate to bang on about it, but my mission has targets just outside London, including the Sector airfields. Unfortunately it doesn't appear to be on the rotation.

I miss this one bigtime! One of my faves RDog!

EG14_Marcast
Nov-26-2013, 03:37

Really looking forward to see it. I'm just a bit tired of the tanks, Dunkerque and the convoys scenarios. Fortunately yesterday Home Plate arrived earlier than usual.

Regarding long range missions, at the beginning of my ATAG presence I thought that they could be boring. Now I must say that in a mission I enjoy not only the "pure action", but also the navigation's problems. In fact London Raids, which at the moment has the longest missions, is one of my preferred too. I'd really like some maps north of London or even Southampton.

TWC_BikerJack
Nov-26-2013, 04:16
I miss this one bigtime! One of my faves RDog!

+1 :thumbsup:

9./JG52_J-HAT
Dec-01-2013, 04:51
Southhampton would be nice. It would be nice to have for example a version of some mission (like London Raids or Homeplate) using the western part of the map, if there were bases being used there.
It would shift the whole fight from Hawkinge/Manston/Calais to a different area most of us don't even know.

Roblex
Dec-01-2013, 09:21
Southhampton would be nice. It would be nice to have for example a version of some mission (like London Raids or Homeplate) using the western part of the map, if there were bases being used there.
It would shift the whole fight from Hawkinge/Manston/Calais to a different area most of us don't even know.

I am not sure if they are still in the rotation but SoW used to have a public mission based on bombers coming from Cherbourg to attack Tangmere and even added the Luftwaffe Air-Sea rescue buoys half way to give Blue a better chance of surviving if they had to RTB with damage. Alas the blenheims attacking Dieppe did not get the same advantage but that is historic.

SoW Reddog
Dec-01-2013, 09:39
I am working on a map which will use some of the code from London Raids, but completely different targets in this area.

9./JG52_J-HAT
Dec-01-2013, 10:09
Cool, Reddog! Looking forward to it!

EG14_Marcast
Dec-09-2013, 02:58
I would also like to see a version of Operation Home Plate with London belt airfields as targets. It would be a nice change of landscape.

Roblex
Dec-09-2013, 04:11
I am working on a map which will use some of the code from London Raids, but completely different targets in this area.

Make sure to open up some of the local airfields. It used to be fun taking off from Heathrow & Hendon in the old 'Sealion' map and learning to navigate a new part of the map.