PDA

View Full Version : Did anybody notice their are unlocks to get for aircraft parts?

Destraex
Nov-26-2013, 03:08
Things like armoured windscreens and removed headrests and the like seem to be unlocks?
How do these get unlocked?

Am I allowed to post pics of this early access?

EDIT: looked at the user agreenement and I cannot see anything.
Plus people are posting videos.

See the bottom right of this pic

322SQN_Dusty
Nov-26-2013, 04:10
Indeed unlocks and upgrades.
During my visit with Jason and Albert at gamescom i've also seen a couple of options for the Il2, 109 and Lagg. And yes we had ammo. Since the state of the game was a bit different during the gamescom i'm not going to discuss that further.

Destraex
Nov-26-2013, 04:20
Oh. Do you know how unlocks are obtained?

322SQN_Dusty
Nov-26-2013, 05:07
Earn in game (ranking) and with the edition you bought.

With the gamescom topic on the il2 forum i've posted some images and footage from the pre-alpha. Note that the upgrades and gui are removed on request (because it was pre alpha and some features are changed)

gamescom/ (http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/1088-gamescom/)

gamescom-cologne-germany-please-read/ (http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/1001-if-you-are-going-gamescom-cologne-germany-please-read/)

Destraex
Nov-26-2013, 06:02
no NDA that I can see. But certainly it is something people deserve to know if its play or pay to win.

9./JG52 Ziegler
Nov-26-2013, 08:09
We "first responders" do get a couple of cookies that later players will have to earn.

Other than those, it will be earn on some and buy on others. In other words I don't see the "have to earn" options being purchasable and visa versa.

That will all be down the road when the game is actually released.

1lokos
Nov-26-2013, 08:21
Destraex,

These "unlocks" is supposedly to motivate the young people to play the SP main campaign.
Actually almost every game launched have some kind of "reward", XP, "perks", "craft", "loot", ranking... Is the market...

It's said by 777 that these "unlocks" can not be bought, only option is playing the Campaign and "unlock" then - include for use in online servers (cause for complaint from "onliner's"). :D
The most difficult to obtain should by the Bf109 gun pod's.

Buyers of pre-order editions was "gift" with:

il-2 field mod rear gunner
Bf109 gun pod's

Supposedly the only items that you can buy after game release are the planes exclusive in Premium edition.

FW190
LA5

I guess about 30$ each... Depending on POV they can be considered "p2w" - for example you can play the main SP Campaign with Fw190 (not "historic") that probable easy unlock the other things. :D

Sokol1

Jaws
Nov-26-2013, 13:46
II wish they didn't add the basic bomb loads to the offline unlocks. It will make the online playing a mess. Just imagine waiting 15-20 minutes for a coop mission to start only to find out you don't have the bombs for your plane unlocked.
Pretty bloody silly system in my opinion.

ATAG_NakedSquirrel
Nov-26-2013, 20:26
It's said by 777 that these "unlocks" can not be bought, only option is playing the Campaign and "unlock" then - include for use in online servers (cause for complaint from "onliner's"). :D
The most difficult to obtain should by the Bf109 gun pod's.

Ah, so online weapons/ammo/bombs are finally available for the Mission Editors to dish out? It was such a pain in the butt with RoF since you could have some significant balance issues depending on what weapon mods were used with some missions. Not a big deal in late war missions, but early war aircraft could be a headache to balance.

Destraex
Nov-27-2013, 02:07
you may have to unlock them before using them in a mission editor.
I thought coop missions specifically though were not going to be a thing in BOS?

1lokos
Nov-27-2013, 09:03
you may have to unlock them before using them in a mission editor.

Yes, only after (every) player "unlock" then offline he can use then online. :devilish:

If someone unlock gun pods , make a mission with then, other players that join the mission
and dont have unlock , can not use (obviously). :D

I thought coop missions specifically though were not going to be a thing in BOS?

It's depend on "COOP" definition. il-2'46 COOP* (wait 5-10... minutes, all respawn simultaneous on runway...): NO!

But is said - by mission maker - that RoF dogfight system can be adapt to some "dynamic" COOP (like CloD system allow, e.g. SNAFU Kanalkampf, HRCLODWAR, Padovox Battle of France).

The drawback is that not easy make a mission and set a COOP like in il-2'46, that can be done in 10 minutes, with basic FMB knowledge.

IMO - The biggest problem of BOS is use the pre-name "il-2 Sturmovik", this belong to Oleg's il-2 Sturmovik (even for CloD is a error), but nobody can deny that it is a perfect lure for il-2:'46 players.
That expect a "il-2 II"...

A 777 WWII - Battle of Stalingrad (or something) would not have this obligation... and people dont complain for "il-2:46 COOP". :)

* The concept "il-2'46 COOP" is more than il-2'46 COOP mode, is il-2'46 COOP + il-2'46 FMB + Hyperlobby.

Sokol1

MadTommy
Nov-27-2013, 14:23
Hmmm don't like the sound of that. Flight sims & unlocks don't fit together for me.

Archie
Nov-27-2013, 16:51
I think its more the annoyance of being 'forced' to play offline missions that I have zero interest in to get such 'unlocks'. I have restricted time to fly these days, and certainly can do without having to play offline just so I can use a bomb online.
One of their crazier decisions IMO.

9./JG52 Jamz Dackel
Nov-27-2013, 17:23
I think its more the annoyance of being 'forced' to play offline missions that I have zero interest in to get such 'unlocks'. I have restricted time to fly these days, and certainly can do without having to play offline just so I can use a bomb online.

Have to agree m8

=BKHZ=Furbs
Nov-28-2013, 04:38
I also agree, im not a fan of that way of doing things...BUT...if it means a better chance of getting years more of development and finally getting my desert camoed 109 then i can live with it.

Tvrdi
Nov-28-2013, 04:50
Also think its a nonsense. But then again, better as unlocks than in the store sold for money...like in ROF...

9./JG52 Jamz Dackel
Nov-28-2013, 04:58
Also think its a nonsense. But then again, better as unlocks than in the store sold for money...like in ROF...

I'm sure that will come...It has too if you want to keep revenue coming in

ATAG_NakedSquirrel
Nov-28-2013, 09:13
I'm sure that will come...It has too if you want to keep revenue coming in

Or they could make a quality product that appeals to more people.

RoF's complicated business model killed the game IMO. I think they could have sold a lot more copies, kept a lot more people interested, and made a lot more money if they just had a flat price for the game. Expansion packs are fine, but DLC for every nick nack in game is crummy if you want to keep a community.

I find the best expansions are ones that include everything preceding it. Like Il2-1946, Rising Storm, or ARMA 2 CO. Old players can pay for the expansion price, and new players can hop right in at a flat game price and play.

Crap like the Channel Map destroyed multiplayer for RoF, plus having to find which planes to buy, field mods, weapon mods, how to get the discount. I can see why new players are averted from buying content for the game.

If there next title was going to be IL2 Battle of The Pacific (Or wherever), and it came with Battle of Stalingrad, I think they'd be in good shape as far as keeping the game going, but it doesn't look like that's their plan.

gavagai
Nov-28-2013, 09:16
Hmmm don't like the sound of that. Flight sims & unlocks don't fit together for me.

This.

It makes it seem like software aimed at 12 year old FPS fans.

LizLemon
Nov-29-2013, 21:03
I really hope that someone figures out a way to edit your save file and "unlock" all these things without having to play SP. But something tells me that its locked down on their server.

Kling
Nov-30-2013, 02:25

Then you should have taken the pre order offer... just saying ;)

I played alot of ROF and im 100% confidemt that it will be great fun. Every game has its downs and ups... The single player campaign are also pretty dynamic (no mission is the same) with an online war feeling to them..

MadTommy
Nov-30-2013, 04:38
Then you should have taken the pre order offer... just saying ;)

I played alot of ROF and im 100% confidemt that it will be great fun. Every game has its downs and ups... The single player campaign are also pretty dynamic (no mission is the same) with an online war feeling to them..

How does the pre-order affect these unlocks? I though these was just one unlock as a bonus, some gun pods for the 109? Have i missed something?

Kling
Nov-30-2013, 04:54
How does the pre-order affect these unlocks? I though these was just one unlock as a bonus, some gun pods for the 109? Have i missed something?

Im not 100% sure to be honest.
As far as I remember getting the premium pre order version of the game, the planes will come unlocked...

Archie
Nov-30-2013, 05:17
I did preorder Kling.The premium comes with 2 extra planes, with the standard you have to buy the planes, they can not be unlocked. Early pre order also gives you an il2 rear gunner and 20mm gunpods on a 109.
Again, people can chirp on about how great the offline missins will be, but its still a grind for someone like me who has zero interest in offline play, and dislike the fact that it is being forced on me as a design decision. I think one of their polls went against the idea as well, rabid fanboism not withstanding.
I would have certain ly felt the same way if CoD had had the same system. Who would have enjoyed spending a week on a 'Spitgirl' offline campaign...

LuseKofte
Nov-30-2013, 16:26
Well I have not yet had a chance to use my preorder status , so next time I will be ready. But allth reports , good and bad tells me that this is a helluva alpha version.
Considering all other releases, this one seems to be pretty good