PDA

View Full Version : Questions

jayhump
Oct-18-2011, 07:07
Is there a way of knowing where you are or what direction you're flying in?

When I changed mixture it went to rich or lean, no inbetween. Is this right to just have the 2 settings?

When the radiator lever is up does that mean it is creating drag or is that another switch?

I found the start up procedure for the Spitfire on youtube and actually got it started on about the 20th try, but I didn't see anything on the 109. Can anyone tell me what that is? Also the 109 has a fifth lever, pitch, throttle, mixture, radiator, ?

I'm really loving this game so far, just having trouble getting them started and up in the air. The one time I did manage to get in the air tonight, I flew around forever and never saw anyone.

ChiefRedCloud
Oct-18-2011, 09:58
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWbqnjAhdzQ:salute:

Hoogs
Oct-19-2011, 22:21
Is there a way of knowing where you are or what direction you're flying in?

When I changed mixture it went to rich or lean, no inbetween. Is this right to just have the 2 settings?

When the radiator lever is up does that mean it is creating drag or is that another switch?

I found the start up procedure for the Spitfire on youtube and actually got it started on about the 20th try, but I didn't see anything on the 109. Can anyone tell me what that is? Also the 109 has a fifth lever, pitch, throttle, mixture, radiator, ?

I'm really loving this game so far, just having trouble getting them started and up in the air. The one time I did manage to get in the air tonight, I flew around forever and never saw anyone.

Hi Jay,

1) The spit mixture only has 2 settings Rich/Weak. Switching to a weak mixture is used to save fuel on long cruise flights.

2) Your radiator lever is obviously for cooling the engine and when fully opened should create drag. I'm pretty sure that is modeled into the game. Keep this fully open when flying with full power settings and high rpm. You can close the rad if your engine temps are cool enough. Radiator temps over 100 degrees are high, keep the rad lever fully open.

3) Starting the spit in CloD is fairly simple. Mags on, open fuel cock, mixture rich, full pitch, throttle open only a small crack, fully open radiator (this is only a suggestion as far too often I have forgotten to open my rad and it really doesn't take long to blow a merlin engine at full throttle) , start the engine and then allow the oil temps to rise to roughly 30 or 40 degrees. Throttle up till you hear the engine smooth-en out.

If you think starting the Spitty sucks try starting the G50 :cussing:

4) The fifth lever is for your engine oil cooler. I usually keep this half open unless I'm pushing my 109 hard. Then I open it up all the way. The manual prop pitch for the 109 can be a lot more confusing then the Spitty or Hurrc. The 109 has three settings for pitch increase, neutral, and decrease. IF you need higher rpm's increase the rpm and then DON'T forget to put your pitch back in the neutral position and vise versa.

5) And finally, spotting enemy aircraft is a difficult and lengthy process when the server is quite. Look for flak bursts over friendly turf. Other than that Good LUCK and watch your six high! :salute: