PDA

View Full Version : Br 20 ap

Gix
Nov-30-2013, 08:25
Does some of you managed to make AP works on this plane ?
Its supposed to work with TF 4.0 patch.
Unfortunately, when i switch it on, its seems unable to keep the heading, turning continuously. A little bit better in mode 22 only.
I read in TF4.0 README that it should be better with compressor, but whatever the altitude my usual key for compressor seems to be inactive. May be there is a cockpit switch but i didnt found it.
Any help welcome.

1lokos
Nov-30-2013, 09:21
I too dont manage to start "motor compressor".

I notice that elevator trim indicator dont work anymore... Edit :doh: My mistake, I am looking at "flaps indicator". :)

Sokol1

1lokos
Nov-30-2013, 11:16
Ops!

Seems the "motor compressor" work - just are not message informing "on/off". *

Select the QM "Cross Country" - change for Br.20M.
Hit Fly and after spawn stop engines (use magneto rotary switch keys, or mouse).

Now hit the key to start "motor compressor" (a two stroke engine installed behind bombardier seat, as "APU").

You notice that plane start shaking. :thumbsup:

Hit stop "motor compressor" key, shaking stop.

With "motor compressor" on the AP course work fine (well, plane shaking a lot :whacky: and fly ~~~~~~ :D ).

If you turn off "motor compressor", and leave AP course engaged, plane start fly circles. :whacky4: ;-)

*Suggestion: Map "Start motor compressor " for Scroll Lock (stop for Alt+Scroll Lock), now you have a visual info about its status. :D

BTW - Anyone know what is the utility (if any) for "Slaved Compass", this read ~102ยบ divergent from "Magnetic Compass".

Sokol1

Gix
Nov-30-2013, 12:07
Thx 1lokos, will check it.
I also noticed the gyro compass in front of pilot dont move. You can adjust it with usual key, but in flight it stays at same heading.
Had the same question about this strange "slave compass" !

Torric270
Nov-30-2013, 13:11
The gyro and the slaved compass are linked with the start compressor function. When you start the plane, hit the start compressor button and the plane will start to shake. 6032

The slaved compass will spool up and start to read correctly, then set your directional gyro to the magnectic compass and it should stay close to the course but you will have to update this throughout the flight.

The function of the slaved compass in RL is that it would be a gyroscopically stabilized compass that would read correctly in turns etc. while a magnectic compass will only read true when you are flying straight and level for a while. Having said that I don't believe the slave compass in the BR always reads true even after it is spooled up.

* Blenheim and BR.20 AP Guide:

Key bindings needed: course autopilot next mode; course autopilot adjust course left and adjust course right; directional gyro increase and decrease; [(BR.20) start motor compressor; stop motor compressor]

Simple mode: After takeoff, trim your plane on desired course for your climb. Hit autopilot next mode, you will get a read out that says mode: course. Your plane will start to turn, just hit your adjust course left/right keys until the plane is flying on the course you want. The AP default course is N so the farther away from N that you are the more turning that will initially be needed. This is mode 1 (course) you can climb, dive, fly level using elevator trim as it only controls the rudder. BR.20; for a more precise AP, start motor compressor to spool up the directional gyro (will shake the plane); known bug.

For mode 22 (level flight, level bombing) hit the autopilot next key and it will say mode 22 (). Now the autopilot will control rudder, elevator, and ailerons. The plane will most likely dive for a bit to help it level out so pick an altitude at least 300-500 meters above what altitude you want. The Blennie's nose will bounce up and down (known bug)

For both of these modes just use your course autopilot left/right keys to turn the plane. You can also use the directional gyro keys for smaller movements.

BR.20: Without the motor compressor on, the plane will drift more than other planes so it will need constant adustment.

For total correct navigation: BR.20: During startup turn on the motor compressor. Both: Turn the dirctional gyro to match the magnetic compass (You will have to continually match the gyro to the compass during flight)

Take off and pick your course, match gyro to magnetic compass, then hit autopilot next mode, then repeat the above steps.

For more info, check out the ju-88 flight manual (Autopilot) on wiki, it will all work the same except for not having a gauge for the autopilot course.

Gix
Dec-01-2013, 05:50
Thx, its work well in QM. Able to switch on/off the compressor while flying and AP is correct. But on a multi players server its impossible. Even b4 motor start or after or in flight.

a two stroke engine installed behind bombardier seat, as "APU" --> never seen it. Tried to find with mouse many times. Really well hidden...:grrr:

Does it work for you guy on a multi game ?

Torric270
Dec-01-2013, 11:11
Thx, its work well in QM. Able to switch on/off the compressor while flying and AP is correct. But on a multi players server its impossible. Even b4 motor start or after or in flight.

--> never seen it. Tried to find with mouse many times. Really well hidden...:grrr:

Does it work for you guy on a multi game ?

Works fine for me online and offline.

1lokos
Dec-01-2013, 15:12
--> never seen it. Tried to find with mouse many times. Really well hidden...:grrr:

But is big, as sit behind bombardier seat (an is not a "two stroke engine as I said (don make sense) is a (F) electrical air compressor (Garelli type RE):

http://i41.tinypic.com/2h6rlnt.jpg

Dont know if is 3D modeled in CloD Br.20M, the bombardier cockpit dont have 6DOF...

Sokol1