PDA

View Full Version : Night Missions ....

ChiefRedCloud
Oct-21-2011, 10:37
I like trying things new, i.e. Night Missions (like yesterday on ATAG server). However figuring out where to taxi or where to take off is almost impossible (if not). Now in all fairness another player (who's name I did not get) was fortunate enough to remember the layout of his base where he spawned. And he was able to get his plane in the air. Past this, I think he was lost too.

Now I know, inspite of the title (IL-2 Cliffs of Dover) that this is NOT the original IL-2. But with this said, we do have the option in the original to have fires boarding the runways there. Is there anyway we can have the same here? Would be a big help. And perhaps not take away from the emmersion of a night mission.

ATAG_WatchMan
Oct-22-2011, 17:05
Yep, that was a small glitch that provided everyone with a night mission the other day, but we did receive some interesting feedback from people's experiences. In the future as COD develops and night missions become a more realistic option for online
gameplay we'll definitely be doing them. Right now it's a bit difficult because of the resources required from a players system, the search lights and runway lights take up a lot of memory while not providing the best visual assistance for navigation. So we'll keep working on it and hope for the best!

S!
ATAG_WatchMan.

ChiefRedCloud
Oct-22-2011, 17:07
Thanks Watchman ..... here's to the future of Cliffs of Dover .... and ATAG

ATAG_WatchMan
Oct-22-2011, 17:26
S! and a fresh mug of ale to that!

ATAG_WatchMan.