PDA

View Full Version : P47 Cockpit Images

MadTommy
Dec-06-2013, 09:17
https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/001/416/401/fa6cd8c6c2a51b3fd918e6600ff6751a_large.jpg?1386336 758

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/001/416/402/8757e0a31e3bc9964a00fe211e635508_large.jpg?1386336 770

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/001/416/403/9d51e0d4a3cc2229dce7295508e5e4c2_large.jpg?1386336 800

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/001/416/404/909b7a48cb174e3e467337302e184594_large.jpg?1386336 810

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/001/416/405/f6cf247f9bb7d732323018434f6e066a_large.jpg?1386336 822

Looking very impressive to me.

From kickstarter update 22.

9./JG52_J-HAT
Dec-06-2013, 10:05
Cool stuff, thanks!

ATAG_Snapper
Dec-06-2013, 11:38
Thanks for listing this, MT! I saw this in my email today -- DCS WW2 Kickstarter Update -- and thought it was very, very cool. Good to see the high quality is being maintained. :thumbsup:

Catseye
Dec-06-2013, 11:54
I'm looking so forward to flying this.

It's my choice for the free-bee.

ATAG_Bliss
Dec-06-2013, 13:31
I'm looking so forward to flying this.

It's my choice for the free-bee.

Same here. I'm soo looking forward to this title. No grinds. No unlocks. No gimmicks. Just straight up pure airplane simulation.

Im im afraid the more I hear about BOS, the more I'm disappointed with the direction they are going.

Kling
Dec-06-2013, 16:27
Looks stunning!! Absolutely stunning!!
Now if they can only get that terrain looking as good, I will be interested in this project! ;)

Kwiatek
Dec-06-2013, 16:47
P-47 cocpit looks superb!!! Dunno why 109 K-4 looks more like from Il2 ?

Im starting to regret that i had problem with pay for kickstarter WW2 DCS :(

Looking at BOS i have not too much hope for these game.

Catseye
Dec-06-2013, 18:28
Same here. I'm soo looking forward to this title. No grinds. No unlocks. No gimmicks. Just straight up pure airplane simulation.

Im im afraid the more I hear about BOS, the more I'm disappointed with the direction they are going.

I'm keeping an eye on BOS but have no intention at this point of jumping in. Once released, they will have to prove themselves with a lot of feedback and of that, I will only consider those pilots I respect and of whom I think I understand the perspective they are coming from.

Interestingly, I have the opposite thoughts regarding Ilya and the work they are doing. I guess there is a great deal of respect there considering what difficulties they went through and the quality of the foundation of COD.

I would like to donate more now that I'm able to and hopefully when their website is up it is possible and permits a jump into a higher tier of rewards.

Cheers,

Catseye
Dec-06-2013, 18:32
Looks stunning!! Absolutely stunning!!
Now if they can only get that terrain looking as good, I will be interested in this project! ;)

I'm thinking that it will all depend on how EDGE is enabled regarding the terrain finalization. If I recall, Ilya already has the SDK I think.

Hopefully, not too pale as COD was at release and also not as the terrain is now in DCS.

Marmus
Dec-06-2013, 19:01
REALLY looking forward to this!!!!!! DCS and this team is like a wet dream.

I had to " unsubscribe" to the BOS Development blog emails today.....unlocking additional items for planes? Not interested!!!!! IMHO, BOS "might" be an ok bottom of barrel $3.00 Steam sale buy. That is all I will ever say about BOS, sorry.

Kling
Dec-06-2013, 20:29
I'm thinking that it will all depend on how EDGE is enabled regarding the terrain finalization. If I recall, Ilya already has the SDK I think.

Hopefully, not too pale as COD was at release and also not as the terrain is now in DCS.

Well Ilyas terrain pictures so far have left much to wish for. The choise of colours and the landscape layout dont resemble France. We all know what Clod looked like when it was released so there is definitely the risk...

9./JG26_Brigg
Dec-06-2013, 22:05
Wow they are amazing and look so real thx for posting Tommy_

ATAG_Slipstream
Dec-06-2013, 23:53
Well Ilyas terrain pictures so far have left much to wish for. The choise of colours and the landscape layout dont resemble France. We all know what Clod looked like when it was released so there is definitely the risk...

Give him a chance Kling ffs! They have made leaps and bounds since the kickstarter ended as far as models are concerned and CloD was pushed out by publishers before they really had chance to fix terrain colours.

If you see the work on the sequels terrain, its very realistic with nice colours.

You know what?

I'd rather have realistic FM's and beautifully rendered interactive 3D virtual cockpits and NO terrain, as opposed to unlocks, power-ups, locked FM's and cockpits that aren't interactive

ATAG_Bliss
Dec-07-2013, 01:51

Kling,

I don't think you understand what the terrain viewer is. There is no natural sunlight, reflections, shadows, etc., that all change how a color will look in the game engine. All the screen shots shown to us are in the terrain viewer, not the game engine. But it is plain to see, especially looking at the shots below, that the ground is beyond detailed. It's probably more detailed than anything we've ever seen in a flight sim before. To give you an idea about the resolution of textures in EDGE compared, to say, BoS, the entire downloadable playable demo for BoS is around 3GB. The Nevada map (just the map and nothing else) for DCS EDGE is already almost 30 GIGS!! That's what you call a detailed, immersive, environment.

You want a chance to see what it looks like in the game engine, than look at the EDGE Corsica video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJLMDfBrEDI

You can clearly see how the colors change at various times of day, various altitudes, with or without shadows etc., the dynamics of it all. To say it's impressive (EDGE) is an understatement. Now just imagine the terrain below in the same game engine, and you'll get an idea. But please stop trying to think the terrain viewer is the game engine. IT IS NOT!!! I'm really at a loss how you can complain about the colors of a screen shot when all the ingredients that define those color (lighting, shadows, reflections etc.) are not turned on in the 1st place.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/001/365/984/9956c9b942324d33ea068d3f8f61414b_large.jpg?1385156 251

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/001/365/983/3e7005e77a24dc302a52e68a875cb133_large.jpg?1385156 241

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/001/365/982/9529ebae809a8b5d0b4ecb18eedc808b_large.jpg?1385156 226

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/001/365/987/773bb3e989bb6c377a01a04efc18afc4_large.jpg?1385156 260

Kling
Dec-07-2013, 04:49
Give him a chance Kling ffs! They have made leaps and bounds since the kickstarter ended as far as models are concerned and CloD was pushed out by publishers before they really had chance to fix terrain colours.

If you see the work on the sequels terrain, its very realistic with nice colours.

You know what?

I'd rather have realistic FM's and beautifully rendered interactive 3D virtual cockpits and NO terrain, as opposed to unlocks, power-ups, locked FM's and cockpits that aren't interactive

Yes I hope he will prove me wrong!

Kling
Dec-07-2013, 04:52
Kling,

I don't think you understand what the terrain viewer is. There is no natural sunlight, reflections, shadows, etc., that all change how a color will look in the game engine. All the screen shots shown to us are in the terrain viewer, not the game engine. But it is plain to see, especially looking at the shots below, that the ground is beyond detailed. It's probably more detailed than anything we've ever seen in a flight sim before. To give you an idea about the resolution of textures in EDGE compared, to say, BoS, the entire downloadable playable demo for BoS is around 3GB. The Nevada map (just the map and nothing else) for DCS EDGE is already almost 30 GIGS!! That's what you call a detailed, immersive, environment.

You want a chance to see what it looks like in the game engine, than look at the EDGE Corsica video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJLMDfBrEDI

You can clearly see how the colors change at various times of day, various altitudes, with or without shadows etc., the dynamics of it all. To say it's impressive (EDGE) is an understatement. Now just imagine the terrain below in the same game engine, and you'll get an idea. But please stop trying to think the terrain viewer is the game engine. IT IS NOT!!! I'm really at a loss how you can complain about the colors of a screen shot when all the ingredients that define those color (lighting, shadows, reflections etc.) are not turned on in the 1st place.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/001/365/984/9956c9b942324d33ea068d3f8f61414b_large.jpg?1385156 251

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/001/365/983/3e7005e77a24dc302a52e68a875cb133_large.jpg?1385156 241

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/001/365/982/9529ebae809a8b5d0b4ecb18eedc808b_large.jpg?1385156 226

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/001/365/987/773bb3e989bb6c377a01a04efc18afc4_large.jpg?1385156 260

I really think those 4 shots are horrible and I hope they will not in any way represent the final product. Why is the world lime green?? Details are good but thats it.

I KNOW its the terrain viewer without lighting etc. However sunlight and shadows do not get rid of lime green colours.
The details ARE amazing but i want to see the terrain in the game with lighting etc before im convinced.

These and the previous terrain pictures were the pictures I was refering to when I said I hope the terrain will look as good as the cockpit.

Listen I do have faith in Luthier and think if anyone can pull off a great sim it will be him, although 777 did a great job with ROF as well and TF with Cliffs of dover.

ATAG_Bliss
Dec-07-2013, 04:58
Wow, it's as if you can't comprehend a single thing I've just said.

The terrain colors are not representative of what they will look like in the game engine. Those shots are to show the detail (the various types of grasses, flowers, etc.,etc., that are in the textures).

I'm sorry Kling, but you need some reading comprehension help. You are saying the colors are wrong in screen shots not designed to show the color in the 1st place. How can you possibly not understand this? I can't make it any simpler for you. Jeez..

I need one of those Captain Picard facepalm pictures here.

Kling
Dec-07-2013, 05:03
Wow, it's as if you can't comprehend a single thing I've just said.

The terrain colors are not representative of what they will look like in the game engine. Those shots are to show the detail (the various types of grasses, flowers, etc.,etc., that are in the textures).

I'm sorry Kling, but you need some reading comprehension help. You are saying the colors are wrong in screen shots not designed to show the color in the 1st place. How can you possibly not understand this? I can't make it any simpler for you. Jeez..

I need one of those Captain Picard facepalm pictures here.

I deleted this post as Im not going to play ur grumpy inmature games Bliss. Grow up!

Kling
Dec-07-2013, 05:06
And I say ONCE again, as you seem to have problems understanding texts.
I want to see a picture of the world i proper lighting before I know if I will like it. Clod came out with the wrong colours and was pretty detailed for its days. Someone obviously thought they were right before release.

ATAG_Bliss
Dec-07-2013, 05:07
Yes and u need to stop being constantly grumpy and naive id*ot praising everything done by DCS. Being naive never brought much to the world. But thats another story.

Getting upset and calling me names has nothing to do with you not knowing what you are talking about. Please read what you wrote. You just said that not having lighting doesn't effect the color at all and you have the audacity to call me a name. This is 3rd grade science. Lighting/Atmosphere has EVERYTHING to do with color temperature. You need to watch your tone Kling. I'm hardly naive and far from an idiot. But thanks for showing your true colors.

Kling
Dec-07-2013, 05:12
Getting upset and calling me names has nothing to do with you not knowing what you are talking about. Please read what you wrote. You just said that not having lighting doesn't effect the color at all and you have the audacity to call me a name. This is 3rd grade science. Lighting/Atmosphere has EVERYTHING to do with color temperature. You need to watch your tone Kling. I'm hardly naive and far from an idiot. But thanks for showing your true colors.

I think you should also watch ur tone Bliss! Telling me I have problems with comprehension is hardly a compliment.
I wont back down only because we differ in our opinons.
We agree to disagree and thats completely fine with me. Happens to most people in daily life.

I want to see ingame shots before i make up my mind on it.
No matter how good the graphics engine is, it can be made to look bad with wrong colours.
Previous edge videos really show nothing from the landscape in dcs ww2 as long as those videos show a different landscape tha what we will have.

Remember we have been fooled with false hope before. Some learn, some dont.

ATAG_Bliss
Dec-07-2013, 05:15
And I say ONCE again, as you seem to have problems understanding texts.
I want to see a picture of the world i proper lighting before I know if I will like it. Clod came out with the wrong colours and was pretty detailed for its days. Someone obviously thought they were right before release.

Clod actually didn't come out with the wrong colors tbh. It never had any atmosphere for the game engine. Get the colors away from 12PM and the game looked very realistic. Same how with adjusted colors the game looks more realistic at noon now but less at darker times of the day. It's all a compromise.

I don't see any lime green here, and this is stock Clod (for instance)

http://imageshack.us/a/img72/1185/explosion3.jpg

Kling
Dec-07-2013, 05:23
Clod actually didn't come out with the wrong colors tbh. It never had any atmosphere for the game engine. Get the colors away from 12PM and the game looked very realistic. Same how with adjusted colors the game looks more realistic at noon now but less at darker times of the day. It's all a compromise.

I don't see any lime green here, and this is stock Clod (for instance)

http://imageshack.us/a/img72/1185/explosion3.jpg

Thats indeed a very pretty shot but for those of us who played the game at any other time than before 6AM or after8PM(where most players prefer to play) the colours were pretty weird. Someone refered to it as Simpson colours and I thought that was pretty accurate.

Listen Bliss Im not agruing with you or saying ure wrong. Im saying there is the risk that DCS comes out with a lime green la dscape like org.il2 in 2001(although it was acceptable back then ) and Vanilla Clod.
Im sure details will be amazing and as a real life pilot I will for sure get it. But landscape creates immersion and must be correct.

As I said, i hope he proves me wrong, and/If he does, i promise to come back to this thread and admit I was wrong which I very much might be. But so might you.

ATAG_Bliss
Dec-07-2013, 05:23
I think you should also watch ur tone Bliss! Telling me I have problems with comprehension is hardly a compliment.
I wont back down only because we differ in our opinons.
We agree to disagree and thats completely fine with me. Happens to most people in daily life.

I want to see ingame shots before i make up my mind on it.
No matter how good the graphics engine is, it can be made to look bad with wrong colours.
Previous edge videos really show nothing from the landscape in dcs ww2 as long as those videos show a different landscape tha what we will have.

Remember we have been fooled with false hope before. Some learn, some dont.

It's because I've told you the same thing before. What we are talking about isn't a debate. It's facts and science. So you either understand it, research it yourself, listen to someone else that knows, or you ignorantly ignore the facts. But regardless if your opinion of those facts differ, they are still facts. I am begging you to learn about lighting and color. You'll then have a good understanding why, without that lighting, your colors will not be the same.

Simple experiment. Take some sod (grass) put it in a white room with white flourescent lighting (take a picture) Take the same sod outside under direct sunlight (take a picture) Take the same sod at sunset (take a picture) Take the same sod at sunrise (take a picture) And if you can tell me the color of green will be identical (or even remotely close for that matter), I'll eat my shorts.

I'll take science over your opinion any day of the week. If that upsets you enough to call me names, then so be it. You don't have to back down. But you make yourself look like a complete idiot when you try to say I need to watch my tone. Hell, I feel like I'm talking to someone that is still in grade school.

9./JG52_J-HAT
Dec-07-2013, 05:24
The cockpit in the P-47 looks amazing! Way better than what we had in Il-2.
And the Me 262 I only saw over KS looks very detailed too. Even if it still lacks the colors.

Those are my two favorite planes in the game, with the Dora in third.

Sorry for butting-in, but guys, can't we just not argue with each other over such a thing like pre-engine terrain colors?
Those colors are still in the terrain editor. There is no lightning engine. They look lime green. When they get imported, they will probably turn out to look different because of all the lightning and atmophere. Do we know how it looks right now in the engine? No. So why argue over that? Just wait until we have those pictures or videos (like Corsica and Nevada) and we will know. If it turns out crap, let's just point it out to Luthier. Doing it here doesn't do the game nor us any good. <- feel free to edit this comments out in a clean up if it's the case.

Kling
Dec-07-2013, 05:32
It's because I've told you the same thing before. What we are talking about isn't a debate. It's facts and science. So you either understand it, research it yourself, listen to someone else that knows, or you ignorantly ignore the facts. But regardless if your opinion of those facts differ, they are still facts. I am begging you to learn about lighting and color. You'll then have a good understanding why, without that lighting, your colors will not be the same.

Simple experiment. Take some sod (grass) put it in a white room with white flourescent lighting (take a picture) Take the same sod outside under direct sunlight (take a picture) Take the same sod at sunset (take a picture) Take the same sod at sunrise (take a picture) And if you can tell me the color of green will be identical (or even remotely close for that matter), I'll eat my shorts.

I'll take science over your opinion any day of the week. If that upsets you enough to call me names, then so be it. You don't have to back down. But you make yourself look like a complete idiot when you try to say I need to watch my tone. Hell, I feel like I'm talking to someone that is still in grade school.

Thats your opinion. Im still not going to play insulting game however.

You have no idea how the game lighting will affect these colours in the screenshots you have seen as we havent seen any videos with these colours in the actual game engine.

Clever would be from Ilya to explain that the lime green will disappear in the actual game but so far he hasnt. He only said that the ingame result will look different. So why not show us?
The question has been raised in the DCS forum as well.

Kling
Dec-07-2013, 05:35
The cockpit in the P-47 looks amazing! Way better than what we had in Il-2.
And the Me 262 I only saw over KS looks very detailed too. Even if it still lacks the colors.

Those are my two favorite planes in the game, with the Dora in third.

Sorry for butting-in, but guys, can't we just not argue with each other over such a thing like pre-engine terrain colors?
Those colors are still in the terrain editor. There is no lightning engine. They look lime green. When they get imported, they will probably turn out to look different because of all the lightning and atmophere. Do we know how it looks right now in the engine? No. So why argue over that? Just wait until we have those pictures or videos (like Corsica and Nevada) and we will know. If it turns out crap, let's just point it out to Luthier. Doing it here doesn't do the game nor us any good. <- feel free to edit this comments out in a clean up if it's the case.

I agree JHAT but if not pointed out or stressed before it will be too late to change later.
I agree that this discussion has come to an end.

ATAG_Bliss
Dec-07-2013, 05:40
Thats your opinion. Im still not going to play insulting game however.

You have no idea how the game lighting will affect these colours in the screenshots you have seen as we havent seen any videos with these colours in the actual game engine.

Clever would be from Ilya to explain that the lime green will disappear in the actual game but so far he hasnt. He only said that the ingame result will look different. So why not show us?
The question has been raised in the DCS forum as well.

I suggest re-reading this thread. You not only called me naive, but an idiot. I'd say you've insulted plenty. I, on the other hand, just tell it how it is. When someone says lighting doesn't effect color, I either think they can't be serious, or think they aren't very intelligent. And when I've had to say the same thing several times, to you specifically, you either A.) don't read and comprehend to well, or B.) don't understand how coloring works in the 1st place. For both I've given examples. For the game engine I've given examples. For Clod I've given examples.

And we haven't seen any videos with those colors in the game engine. We've only seen EDGE videos such as Corsica that shows the dynamic from very bright to very dark to very light green to very dark green colors at all times of day (which I asked you to watch) as that will be representative of the actual game engine DCS WWII will use. And because of that, that same dynamic coloring will apply to the rest of DCS (it's part of EDGE). If you watch that video you'll get an idea of how the grass and landscape coloring dynamic will look like. And even better, we'll have an sdk to mod with whatever colors we so desire. The LAST thing I would be worried about in a moddable game is the color of the ground.

Kling
Dec-07-2013, 05:46
I'd say you've insulted plenty. I, on the other hand, just tell it how it is.

Hahaha I love this part!! Thank God not everyone thinks like this!!

Bliss the great comedian!! Good laugh old chap!!

Anyway, you insulted me, I responded but deleted it as im not sinking that low.

Now can we let the thread move on?

ATAG_Bliss
Dec-07-2013, 05:58
Hahaha I love this part!! Thank God not everyone thinks like this!!

Bliss the great comedian!! Good laugh old chap!!

Anyway, you insulted me, I responded but deleted it as im not sinking that low.

Now can we let the thread move on?

Kling - The above is an insult (just FYI). This started because you are complaining about colors that aren't representative of the game engine (EDGE). You've been shown examples of EDGE in videos that will show the terrain colors. You've been told the screen shots were from the terrain viewer, yet complain about the color of them even after being explained several times about the viewer. I stand by my comment that you don't read and comprehend very well. Because again, if you did, you wouldn't be complaining about colors of screenshots that have nothing to do with the colors produced with the atmospheric and lighting engine. If you are insulted by this then that just further proves my point. You really don't understand it. And instead of trying to comprehend what has been said you go off the deep end and call me naive and an idiot.

I'm not about to edit my posts because I stand by EVERYTHING I say. If you feel that I'm grumpy, naive, name any other choice words you are using, then so be it, but insults aren't the way out of any debate. They just show how badly you lose one. I'll gladly admit when I'm wrong, but I'm not about to constantly have this same conversation with you simply because you don't understand something. I'll say it again, lighting has EVERYTHING to do with color temperature. It is science. It is fact. And when you realize this, the last thing you'll do is worry about screenshot coloring without the lighting engine in place.

Kling
Dec-07-2013, 06:09
No that was not an insult Bliss. I found it very intresting. Ive used that argument too, when I was 10.

Yes I do think youre very grumpy, and always did and I dont know why or where it comes from but thats not my problem. And just like I dont care what you say about me, I dont expect you to care about what I say.

Just leave it now Bliss. I can assure you that my reading comprehension is good, i just dont agree with your non expert opinion in the matter.
Or are you a graphics designer? If you are then I will listen.

This is a public forum and should remain clean.

As JHAT said. Lets skip this discussion now.
I raised my concern about the colours. You are sure that they will be fine when sunlight is added. Im concerned that they might not be.

I think you are mostly grumpy and in this case naive considering their past and you on the other hand think I have problems reading. Thats pretty much sums it up.

ATAG_Bliss
Dec-07-2013, 06:25
No that was not an insult Bliss. I found it very intresting. Ive used that argument too, when I was 10.

This is an insult (FYI)

Yes I do think youre very grumpy, and always did and I dont know why or where it comes from but thats not my problem. And just like I dont care what you say about me, I dont expect you to care about what I say.

Then why are you in ATAG? You obviously know nothing about me then. I'm hardly grumpy. You should ask around a bit. Me and another fellow started this whole thing. I doubt a grumpy person would put in all the effort to get a community together on something they enjoy when they are just grumpy people that obviously don't like people.

Just leave it now Bliss. I can assure you that my reading comprehension is good, i just dont agree with your non expert opinion in the matter.
Or are you a graphics designer? If you are then I will listen.

What does graphics design have to do with the understanding the terrain viewer without a lighting engine won't produce the same colors as one with a lighting engine? I don't need a degree in graphics design to understand 3rd grade science. But with my BSME, I can assure you I've had plenty of various advanced courses on physics, science, light, math, etc.,etc.,etc..

This is a public forum and should remain clean.

As JHAT said. Lets skip this discussion now.
I raised my concern about the colours. You are sure that they will be fine when sunlight is added. Im concerned that they might not be.

I think you are mostly grumpy and in this case naive considering their past and you on the other hand think I have problems reading. Thats pretty much sums it up.

Their past? They have made the most impressive WWII engine ever made. They have made the longest lasting, most popular combat flight sim EVER in the history of flight sims. I think it's naive to think they wouldn't have finished their game given enough time. And it's also naive to think that MG wanted the game released in the state it was. It's as if you think MG gave up on Clod. 777 stole the business out from underneath them right when they were finally getting their stuff together. MG's BoS would've been released in March of this year (9 months ago).

Kling
Dec-07-2013, 06:46
This is an insult (FYI)

Then why are you in ATAG? You obviously know nothing about me then. I'm hardly grumpy. You should ask around a bit. Me and another fellow started this whole thing. I doubt a grumpy person would put in all the effort to get a community together on something they enjoy when they are just grumpy people that obviously don't like people.

What does graphics design have to do with the understanding the terrain viewer without a lighting engine won't produce the same colors as one with a lighting engine? I don't need a degree in graphics design to understand 3rd grade science. But with my BSME, I can assure you I've had plenty of various advanced courses on physics, science, light, math, etc.,etc.,etc..

Their past? They have made the most impressive WWII engine ever made. They have made the longest lasting, most popular combat flight sim EVER in the history of flight sims. I think it's naive to think they wouldn't have finished their game given enough time. And it's also naive to think that MG wanted the game released in the state it was. It's as if you think MG gave up on Clod. 777 stole the business out from underneath them right when they were finally getting their stuff together. MG's BoS would've been released in March of this year (9 months ago).

Leave it now Bliss. What had to be said has been said. Ive raised my concern. Lets move on now. I can name many who think you are grumpy and im sure you can name many who think im a loud "d*ick. Thats great but its not what this thread is about.

We are all allowed to have different opinions without you assuming that we have reading problems for not fully agreeing with your arguments.
Its clear to everyone that lighting in game will change colours. Even for people with reading problems like me.
Thats pretty obvious. But until I see what happens in game with the lime green colours when lighting is added, I will have a concern. Thats my full right.

ATAG_Bliss
Dec-07-2013, 07:02
Leave it now Bliss. What had to be said has been said. Ive raised my concern. Lets move on now. I can name many who think you are grumpy and im sure you can name many who think im a loud "d*ick. Thats great but its not what this thread is about.

We are all allowed to have different opinions without you assuming that we have reading problems for not fully agreeing with your arguments.
Its clear to everyone that lighting in game will change colours. Even for people with reading problems like me.
Thats pretty obvious. But until I see what happens in game with the lime green colours when lighting is added, I will have a concern. Thats my full right.

JHAT, Slippy, and I all said the colors aren't representative of what they will look like until there is a lighting engine to see them at.

But I'm glad you now get this bit "Its clear to everyone that lighting in game will change colours", instead of your earlier comments saying the opposite. Now we are on the same page and also realize how ridiculous it is worrying about colors without the proper lighting to show them off in.

Kling
Dec-07-2013, 07:19
JHAT, Slippy, and I all said the colors aren't representative of what they will look like until there is a lighting engine to see them at.

But I'm glad you now get this bit "Its clear to everyone that lighting in game will change colours", instead of your earlier comments saying the opposite. Now we are on the same page and also realize how ridiculous it is worrying about colors without the proper lighting to show them off in.

No no, it was always clear that the lighting will change the colours! It will add shadows and make it brighter etc etc. Im not sure it will get rid of the lime green which is what my concern has always been about!

ATAG_Bliss
Dec-07-2013, 07:22
No no, it was always clear that the lighting will change the colours! It will add shadows and make it brighter etc etc. Im not sure it will get rid of the lime green which is what my concern has always been about!

You're not serious right? I've just tried to explain to you in every conceivable way that lighting changes the color of colors. So of course lighting can change lime green to dark green. Dark green to regular green. Regular green to bright green etc. Please tell me you understand this? Lighting is EXACTLY what changes the color of the color. Again, this is 3rd grade science. Please tell me you actually understand this. I've been saying this the whole time. Even told you how to do an experiment to show you etc. I'm at a loss all over again. I'm not posting to this topic anymore. I can't say it any more simply other than grab a grade school science book.

MadTommy
Dec-07-2013, 07:29
From my point of view:

The images poster of the WIP terrain in KS look terrible, hard to argue with that. The colours are not rendered as they will be ingame, so there is no point critiquing them, that should be pretty obvious. ED are very close to releasing a new graphics & terrain engine, and what we have seen of it it looks great.

The fact that DCS WWII is starting with such a small map speaks volumes to the level of detail and quality they must be aiming for. I'm guessing they have opted for small and detailed over large and basic. The fact they are releasing a terrain SDK and have said extra terrain areas can be bolted on to the existing area.. so we should see our small map growing nicely.

gavagai
Dec-07-2013, 07:31
Kling, I already had this conversation with you, too. I told you that Ilya said those landscapes are before color correction. Please, dude, relax.

Kling
Dec-07-2013, 07:33
You're not serious right? I've just tried to explain to you in every conceivable way that lighting changes the color of colors. So of course lighting can change lime green to dark green. Dark green to regular green. Regular green to bright green etc. Please tell me you understand this? Lighting is EXACTLY what changes the color of the color. Again, this is 3rd grade science. Please tell me you actually understand this. I've been saying this the whole time. Even told you how to do an experiment to show you etc. I'm at a loss all over again. I'm not posting to this topic anymore. I can't say it any more simply other than grab a grade school science book.

Listen Bliss, I would appreciate if you could take a different tone!
You don´t exactly come through as a guy with lots of time in books right now. (not saying that this is the case) More like a guy that argues by being aggressive and insulting. As well as that might work for you in life, I would appreciate if you did not do it here on a public forum.
So once again, lighting from the sun adds quite a bit of colours visible to the human eye, however the light that an object reflects in the game, also after sunlight has been added, depends on the original colour given to the object. If the object is has the wrong colour from the start it wont always get the right colour with added sunlight.

So I say once again, until I have seen an example of what the lighting does in game, its hard to tell what it will look like. You are sure it will be good, I am not.
So can we please discuss without you being aggressive?

So we shall see what DCS brings. Great aircraft for sure and most likely great FMs!

ATAG_Bliss
Dec-07-2013, 07:49
Listen Bliss, I would appreciate if you could take a different tone!
You don´t exactly come through as a guy with lots of time in books right now. (not saying that this is the case) More like a guy that argues by being aggressive and insulting. As well as that might work for you in life, I would appreciate if you did not do it here on a public forum.
So once again, lighting from the sun adds quite a bit of colours visible to the human eye, however the light that an object reflects in the game, also after sunlight has been added, depends on the original colour given to the object. If the object is has the wrong colour from the start it wont always get the right colour with added sunlight.

So I say once again, until I have seen an example of what the lighting does in game, its hard to tell what it will look like. You are sure it will be good, I am not.
So can we please discuss without you being aggressive?

Kling - I'm hardly being insulting. I'm asking a serious question. Why can't you go read, go google, go do w/e it takes to learn that light and the frequency/wavelengths of said light moving/reflecting/absorbing objects is what creates the "COLOR" of the object in the 1st place? So when you have the light of the terrain editor making a specific color (say lime green), this object will not remain lime green with the light of the game engine unless those 2 light sources are the same. And as you can easily tell by watching the EDGE videos around (the game engine for DCS WWII) the game engine lighting looks NOTHING like the lighting we've seen from the terrain editor.

I'm honestly at a loss about your comments and constant rubs at me. I'm seriously trying to, in any way possible, make you learn something here. But every single time you have to come off as a jackass. And what in the world does "you don't exactly come through as a guy with lots of time in books right now" mean? Is this some sort of Euro insult? Again, I learned about lighting when I was in 3rd grade. I'm sorry if you don't understand it (I'm trying to help) but you can leave the rubs at the door. It's seriously as if you are just trolling. Do you have a problem, like a serious problem in real life or something?

ATAG_Bliss
Dec-07-2013, 07:51
Kling, I already had this conversation with you, too. I told you that Ilya said those landscapes are before color correction. Please, dude, relax.

Everyone here is trying to. He doesn't understand it. I wish he would just go google "color and lighting" or something similar. I'm seriously at a loss trying to help him..

Royraiden
Dec-07-2013, 08:40
It takes two to have this sort of discussion. Just saying....;;) Doesnt do anyone any good

ATAG_Bliss
Dec-07-2013, 08:53
It takes two to have this sort of discussion. Just saying....;;) Doesnt do anyone any good

He was here m8. But I don't think he's the type to admit when he's wrong. I agree with what you are saying btw, but we aren't talking rocket science here. This is really 3rd grade science. :P

There's no reason to have to have the conversation in the 1st place. That's why it was so completely and utterly frustrating to say the same thing over and over again.

Kling
Dec-07-2013, 08:58
Kling - I'm hardly being insulting. I'm asking a serious question. Why can't you go read, go google, go do w/e it takes to learn that light and the frequency/wavelengths of said light moving/reflecting/absorbing objects is what creates the "COLOR" of the object in the 1st place? So when you have the light of the terrain editor making a specific color (say lime green), this object will not remain lime green with the light of the game engine unless those 2 light sources are the same. And as you can easily tell by watching the EDGE videos around (the game engine for DCS WWII) the game engine lighting looks NOTHING like the lighting we've seen from the terrain editor.

I'm honestly at a loss about your comments and constant rubs at me. I'm seriously trying to, in any way possible, make you learn something here. But every single time you have to come off as a jackass. And what in the world does "you don't exactly come through as a guy with lots of time in books right now" mean? Is this some sort of Euro insult? Again, I learned about lighting when I was in 3rd grade. I'm sorry if you don't understand it (I'm trying to help) but you can leave the rubs at the door. It's seriously as if you are just trolling. Do you have a problem, like a serious problem in real life or something?

Haha, Bliss you are just confirming what I said. Go back and play with your racing cars! Im sure that can make your third grade science come to good use!

ATAG_Bliss
Dec-07-2013, 09:05
Haha, Bliss you are just confirming what I said. Go back and play with your racing cars! Im sure that can make your third grade science come to good use!

Kling, trying to misdirect/change the topic doesn't do you any favors. If you are incapable of having a serious conversation, perhaps you should step away from the PC for a while.

If you want to discuss what I've said, then by all means do so. But if you can't discuss it like an adult, please stop trolling this topic.

Mattias
Dec-07-2013, 09:20
The cockpit looks lovely -thanks for sharing, MadTommy :wings:

Kling
Dec-07-2013, 09:57
Kling, trying to misdirect/change the topic doesn't do you any favors. If you are incapable of having a serious conversation, perhaps you should step away from the PC for a while.

If you want to discuss what I've said, then by all means do so. But if you can't discuss it like an adult, please stop trolling this topic.

The terrain pictures look crap, that is a fact! and YES, lighting is not added yet. The game is still under contruction, we all know that. This doesnt stop you Bliss, however, from constantly bashing BoS which you also very well know is under construction (currently 35%). So what is the difference here?!

So here I have summed up a few of the things you told me in this thread... And Im the one trolling?!

"I'm sorry Kling, but you need some reading comprehension help"
"I feel like I'm talking to someone that is still in grade school."
"I'd say you've insulted plenty. I, on the other hand, just tell it how it is"
"It's seriously as if you are just trolling. Do you have a problem, like a serious problem in real life or something?"
"I don't think he's the type to admit when he's wrong."
"But if you can't discuss it like an adult, please stop trolling this topic."

Id call it pathetic.

Kling
Dec-07-2013, 10:01
This is my last post in this thread. I made my point about my concern.

gavagai
Dec-07-2013, 10:21
Kling,

What were you up to here?

Now if they can only get that terrain looking as good, I will be interested in this project!

I would like to know what is the risk that makes you so skeptical? You'll be able to play DCS WW2 for *free,* and you'll get to fly the DCS-quality P-47 for *free.* The only risk I see here is that you might not be satisfied with the final colors of the map, and none of us know exactly how it will look.

Is this really about distrusting the developer? If so, then I don't see why you would choose the issue of terrain color. It doesn't make sense. It's probably the last thing on a list of problems for Clod's initial release.

ATAG_Bliss
Dec-07-2013, 10:23
The terrain pictures look crap, that is a fact! and YES, lighting is not added yet. The game is still under contruction, we all know that. This doesnt stop you Bliss, however, from constantly bashing BoS which you also very well know is under construction (currently 35%). So what is the difference here?!

So here I have summed up a few of the things you told me in this thread... And Im the one trolling?!

"I'm sorry Kling, but you need some reading comprehension help"
"I feel like I'm talking to someone that is still in grade school."
"I'd say you've insulted plenty. I, on the other hand, just tell it how it is"
"It's seriously as if you are just trolling. Do you have a problem, like a serious problem in real life or something?"
"I don't think he's the type to admit when he's wrong."
"But if you can't discuss it like an adult, please stop trolling this topic."

Id call it pathetic.

Yes, those comments were directed to you when you were unable to actually discuss the topic at hand each and every time. Instead you prefer talking about my race cars, my education, how naive I am, or any other strawman forum argument you like to pull out of your ass. When you are ready to learn how lighting works and that light is exactly what creates color in the 1st place then we can continue to have a conversation. But if your only response to a serious question concerning the real topic in the discussion is "Hahaha go back to playing with your race cars" then your going to get a response in kind. As they say, act like a child, expect to get treated like one.

Black
Dec-07-2013, 10:41
If you would have had that discussion face to face it would have had a completly different outcome! :doh:

coolhand3011
Dec-07-2013, 11:17
Looks like some pretty nice cockpits so far! Definitely not as streamlined and modern looking as the P51... but the Jug was a beast

On a different note does anyone know if they will release the DCS Dora before DCS1944 or will it all be bundled together in the final product? I thought it was pretty close to being finished before all this was announced.

airdoc
Dec-07-2013, 12:15
On a different note does anyone know if they will release the DCS Dora before DCS1944 or will it all be bundled together in the final product? I thought it was pretty close to being finished before all this was announced.

AFAIK, Dora is scheduled to be released in February-March 2014.

Old_Canuck
Dec-07-2013, 13:41
This is my last post in this thread. I made my point about my concern.

What happened to the Kling I knew at VA squadron? This is not like you at all. Please take some time away and look at this again with an unemotional perspective. Even with my low level of technical knowledge, I can understand what Bliss and others are saying about the difference between a terrain viewer and game view. The Corsica shots et. al. are enough to bolster my confidence that the tools are in place to produce fantastic looking terrain. All we need is desire to get it right by the devs. and I never doubted that in Ilya and Oleg before and have no reason to doubt it now, especially since they teamed up with the DCS crew.

Regarding Bliss' "grumpy" and Kling also grumpy .. you guys would not be the right personality types for aerial combat (simulated or otherwise) if you didn't have an extra load of testosterone so I can understand why both of you are behaving the way you do. I accept you both as decent human beings despite your some times irascible natures so shake hands or have a duel or some thing. If you have a duel, please get someone to post it on Youtube. :)

ATAG_JTDawg
Dec-07-2013, 15:12
I think things are looking very nice. I think it is very, as for lack of a better word "stupid" to argue about a game that is so far from being released ! :doh: At least wait for the first Vid to be released to start nit picking ,. Please give me a break from this B.S. . I REALLY DON'T THINK I CAN TAKE ANOTHER 36 OR MORE WEEKS OF THIS ! At least I could get rid of green smoke in CLOD. Unlike the BOS game, even in the vids that are posted green, green, ,green. an the bad lag spikes I've seen when shooting = I will see if these probs are fixed before arguing about them, at the final release. Really an can't we change colors to soot ourselves in any game ? :)

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Dec-07-2013, 20:27
I must say I am very interested in flying the P-47, it has always been one of my favourite aircraft.

Especially the case if the management of the turbo charger system is done with 100% fidelity. :thumbsup:

I am a little concerned about the aircraft being 'porked', there has always been a tendency for this aircraft to be underrated by Russian/Soviets.

I had to fight like hell with Oleg back in IL-2 days to get him to acknowledge the correct rollrates, weights and boost levels. Of course, Oleg being a fact based guy, he eventually did agree when we presented the data... :D

This aircraft will not be acceptable in my opinion, unless it has 70 inches boost available.

LizLemon
Dec-08-2013, 05:37
Uhh, you people do realize that shaders can do a lot for how colors look, right?

You can't assume that the diffuse texture is what it will look like in game. I've seen very nice looking renders with plants that use bright green diffuse textures like that since that is what works with certain shader set ups.

As for the P-47 cockpit images; they look like good cockpit renders I saw people doing 10-15 years ago. Pretty insane work imho.

9./JG52 Jamz Dackel
Dec-08-2013, 09:45
What happened to the Kling I knew at VA squadron? This is not like you at all. Please take some time away and look at this again with an unemotional perspective. Even with my low level of technical knowledge, I can understand what Bliss and others are saying about the difference between a terrain viewer and game view. The Corsica shots et. al. are enough to bolster my confidence that the tools are in place to produce fantastic looking terrain. All we need is desire to get it right by the devs. and I never doubted that in Ilya and Oleg before and have no reason to doubt it now, especially since they teamed up with the DCS crew.

Regarding Bliss' "grumpy" and Kling also grumpy .. you guys would not be the right personality types for aerial combat (simulated or otherwise) if you didn't have an extra load of testosterone so I can understand why both of you are behaving the way you do. I accept you both as decent human beings despite your some times irascible natures so shake hands or have a duel or some thing. If you have a duel, please get someone to post it on Youtube. :)

Well Said..

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Dec-08-2013, 15:17
Salute

I am personally not that concerned with the graphics which will be presented with this game.

It's clear that it will not be a standard Combat Sim, more again of a 'study sim', and therefore the focus will be on the systems and engineering.

Something which I am very interested in. :D

If they can go into the level of detail with the aircraft that they have previously done with the P-51, then undoubtedly there will be lots to keep 'gearheads' like me happy. :-)

Dutch
Dec-08-2013, 16:37
Salute

I am personally not that concerned with the graphics which will be presented with this game.

It's clear that it will not be a standard Combat Sim, more again of a 'study sim', and therefore the focus will be on the systems and engineering.

Something which I am very interested in. :D

If they can go into the level of detail with the aircraft that they have previously done with the P-51, then undoubtedly there will be lots to keep 'gearheads' like me happy. :-)

So, as a fellow 'gear head', where is the v4.01 patch please Buzz? Seems to be taking some time.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Dec-08-2013, 16:57
So, as a fellow 'gear head', where is the v4.01 patch please Buzz? Seems to be taking some time.

Because of 'Gear' issues, it is taking longer than we thought.

Dutch
Dec-08-2013, 17:01
Because of 'Gear' issues, it is taking longer than we thought.

'Nuff said. I hear you. :)

Remon
Dec-09-2013, 11:05
Uhh, you people do realize that shaders can do a lot for how colors look, right?

You can't assume that the diffuse texture is what it will look like in game. I've seen very nice looking renders with plants that use bright green diffuse textures like that since that is what works with certain shader set ups.

As for the P-47 cockpit images; they look like good cockpit renders I saw people doing 10-15 years ago. Pretty insane work imho.

LizLemon and others said, shaders make a huge difference.

Watch, for example, this Skyrim video showcasing different ENB settings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcYh4DJGjUA

Some of them give it a totaly different look.

Skoshi_Tiger
Dec-12-2013, 09:29
The Jane's WWII fighters demo was a single mission ground attack mission with a P47 loaded with bombs, HVARS 8 50.cal browning's.

By the end of the first flight I was hooked big time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKproaYKJh4

Looking forward to flying the Jug in DCS WWII!

ATAG_Snapper
Dec-12-2013, 09:49
I loved that sim. The graphics, the cockpits, the external flyby sounds, even the period '40's music. :thumbsup:

9./JG52_J-HAT
Dec-12-2013, 10:24
Jane's Sims were great! WWIIF is where I started online. Modding community was great back in 1999 2000. I made an Emil, a Do-17 and started a Hurricane for that game, together with some other guys.

I stopped messing around with these things with Il-2 P-47... I had to leave to Germany and left the almost done project with the 3D modeller. Guess what, my name doesn't show up in the credits and the cockpit is a piece of crap hahaha good thing very few people relate me to it :)

Skoshi_Tiger
Dec-12-2013, 20:23
Even though the original IL2 out classed WWII fighters in prity much every technical aspect, Janes did have a lot of atmosphere and it was a fun sim/game. For a long time I had it set up on my home network and I used to fight my nephews when they came over. It was a good way to introduce kids to the genre.

The Museum and the videos for each of the planes was a really great. A great starting place to learn the history behind the planes in the sims. The encyclopedia in DCS is fairly basic in comparison. I guess it would have been a very time consuming thing to do right.

Cheers!

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Dec-12-2013, 21:17
I loved that sim. The graphics, the cockpits, the external flyby sounds, even the period '40's music. :thumbsup:

The sound in the sim was outstanding and the graphics for the time were too.

Too bad on the online play was complete cr*p... :(

Bear Pilot
Dec-12-2013, 21:45
Even though the original IL2 out classed WWII fighters in prity much every technical aspect, Janes did have a lot of atmosphere and it was a fun sim/game. For a long time I had it set up on my home network and I used to fight my nephews when they came over. It was a good way to introduce kids to the genre.

The Museum and the videos for each of the planes was a really great. A great starting place to learn the history behind the planes in the sims. The encyclopedia in DCS is fairly basic in comparison. I guess it would have been a very time consuming thing to do right.

Cheers!

My first exposure to flights sims came with Jane's WWII and European Air War. I think I was about 5 or 6 and I've been hooked ever since. That's right, I'm going to be a lifetime addict. Of course back then a quick mission or two was all my attention span could take and then it was on to tag or cowboys and indians outside.

I recently watched a couple of the Museum videos online and I realized just how good they are and how much of what I know now I actually learned way back then. Both games had some of the best single player campaigns I've ever played. Particularly both sides of EAW's Battle of Britain and '43-'44 daylight bombing of Germany.

Skoshi_Tiger
Dec-13-2013, 03:24
The sound in the sim was outstanding and the graphics for the time were too.

Too bad on the online play was complete cr*p... :(

I don't think I ever tried online mission only LAN dogfights. I think I was on a 48K dial up connection at the time and it would have been pushing it a bit!