PDA

View Full Version : Version 4 redux works great, other campaigns don't

electraguard
Dec-06-2013, 13:35
I have downloaded and installed Ver. 4 and played the Redux. It plays great. However, when I play some other campaigns, e.g. Battle of Britain, Sqn. 32, etc., that I downloaded from the Airwarfare website they don't run well at all. They have so much stuttering, even in the low video setting, that they are unplayable. Is there something I need to do in your version 4 to make these other campaigns playable/

Thanks

dburne
Dec-06-2013, 20:45
While I don't have any real experience with it, I imagine about the best you could do is edit those individual missions in the campaigns that are doing this, in the FMB , and reduce object density - that might help.

I am sure others more experienced in this will offer some better insight for you on this.

bolox
Dec-07-2013, 03:49
My first thoughts are that at least 1 of the campaigns you mentioned was written for 1.05 patch. When the final patch was released it did have problems with large numbers of bombers that were previously playable. All TF patches are based on this patch and to a degree suffer from this problem

Redux was written in 1.11 (final) patch so should be ok, in theory Battle of Britain was rewritten for final patch should be ok.
Unplayable is a very subjective opinion, and I don't see unplayable stuttering in older campaigns- tho there can be places things get a bit 'choppy'- for me it is usually when a group of fighters attack a large twin engined formation but YMMV

AFAIK there is no 'instant fix' but a degree of dropping settings can help in SOME circumstances - for me turning shadows off is the biggest boost.