PDA

View Full Version : MK.Mr.X on ATAG

ATAG_Bliss
Oct-23-2011, 20:38
Here's some pretty cool videos made by Mr.X while on the server. He can really fly that 109 :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHVIfRWjr2Y&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoW4kr8LBaY&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf0wW__0OK0&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55DfeILMWeQ&feature=relmfu

ChiefRedCloud
Oct-24-2011, 12:19
Nice ...... as usual, for me, just trying to spot the other plane is H A R D :uhoh ..... indeed Mr X is very good.:thumbsup:

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-24-2012, 18:02
And another!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKEUXIlhDUs

Dutch
Jan-24-2012, 20:06
I'm sure they're very good, but I'm not going to watch them, simply because if I do, it might make me pack in playing the game.

Not that I'm jealous at all, or anything.:0:

Jimbop
Jan-24-2012, 20:23
He is good. Is it just me or is he using POV hat switch rather than TrackIR or FT?

Ataros
Jan-25-2012, 07:06
S!

He said once he did not like trackir and sold it IIRC.

Jimbop
Jan-25-2012, 07:28
S!

He said once he did not like trackir and sold it IIRC.

Interesting - thanks Ataros. Very good situational awareness.

Ataros
Jan-25-2012, 07:46
One of my squadmates 3GIAP_PAW advised to pause trackir when aiming. And he was the best sniper in the squad. I never could get used to this procedure though.

Looking at Mr.X videos it seems to me as if he has much more FPS than me when zoomed and the trackir may be the cause.

Jimbop
Jan-25-2012, 07:55
I can understand the advice. I have recently started pausing freetrack much more often (a stick button is assigned) and find it helpful when aiming. Also when looking for distant or low contacts.

Doc
Jan-25-2012, 09:37
Fantastic pilot.

ATAG_Knuckles
Jan-25-2012, 09:50
I have created a somewhat large (1"0 deadzone) that helps with aiming.

never though to pause: gonna try that

(sometimes even that 1" isnt enough so i am constantly re-centering

Knuckles

ATAG_Septic
Jan-25-2012, 10:33
Thanks for posting Bliss.

I've seen Mr X's videos before, in an attempt to identify how I can improve my dog-fighting skills, and have always concluded his situational awareness is key. The use of POV switching makes me feel a little nauseous though, perhaps because I'm not controlling it.

I have tried linking a pause key for Track IR to my HOTAS but didn't find it that useful. Somehow Track IR works perfectly for me on default settings, no need to increase dead-zones and my poor aiming seems linked purely to poor plane-pointing skills.

I notice that many of Mr X's shots are deflection, with the enemy out-of-sight under the aircraft's nose, aiming seems a product of instinctive knowledge of the relative positions of aircraft in flight rather than a result of a steady sight.

It seems to me that you can't buy better aiming, you've just got to be good at it. Like the golfer (me some years ago) who spends hundreds on new clubs every year in order to improve his game, it won't work.

Having said that; I now intend to try and buy better aiming by fiddling around with Track IR and the pause button again. Will I ever learn? :)

Cheers Chaps.

Doc
Jan-25-2012, 11:39
I am going to map my pause to a button my controller and test it. I don't think its going to help me that much at first may take some getting use to. A lot of this is instinctive and experience on his part.

Jimbop
Jan-25-2012, 14:52
Yes, I think it is a matter of practice and experience. I'm impressed by how short the deflection bursts are and still hitting. Probably explains why I've been shot down by him so many times! I'm evidently too predictable as well.

Dutch
Jan-25-2012, 14:58
Managed to pull off a really steep turn deflection shot myself the other night.

A 109 was steep turning to the right, so I had to turn steeper and he disappeared under my nose.

I thought 'oh shit lost him', but let go a burst anyway, reversed my turn to look for him and he'd disappeared. At the same moment the message came up in the chat box that I'd destroyed him.

Skill? - Not a chance. Bloody good luck? - Oh yes, but I'll try to remember how I did it for next time. Shame I didn't see him explode/crash though. :)

Jimbop
Jan-25-2012, 15:04
Lol, combination of skill and luck I think! The thing I like about deflection shots is that the components (and pilot) aren't usually armoured for that angle. Especially good when flying red with only the .303s.

Doc
Jan-25-2012, 16:37
I don't know who it was. Bliss was my gunner. We were in a 110. Near the coast of England or just feet dry the screen went black. I thought it was flak but it was someone that shot us. Awesome aim they had. I didn't even hear bullets hitting the plane.

ATAG_Headshot
Feb-07-2012, 01:16
I did that just the other day. 1 second trigger pull and pilot and gunner both died instantly. It's actually in the video I posted but I think that was MajorBoris though :laugh1

ATAG_Knuckles
Feb-07-2012, 07:27
"I didn't even hear bullets hitting the plane. "

Funny you mention that. He got twice the other day. I only observed a few (very few) tracers then as usual everything went black Hummmm :inq::inq: