PDA

View Full Version : Littlestone map

StormBat
Dec-08-2013, 12:17
Okay these two maps Autumn and winter Have to be revised or possibly taken out of rotation (or at least one of them). I don't want to insult the map maker and we appreciate your hard work,
dedication/enthusiasm, and these maps were a great experiment for trying out tanks, but the experiment is over and these maps are loosing more and more people all the time.

Listen I've had some of my best scores on these maps in the high 20's low 30's. but it's very repetitive and there is always one or two targets for red that are always very hard to find(almost impossible). Now I'm not demanding these maps be taken out of rotation(who the hell am I to do that), but I think most people would agree that these maps are just not fun anymore, because of it's close proximity to the enemy.

Half the time your lucky to get off the ground without being strafed or bombed back to the stone age,(and I like strafing once in awhile, and if that's your desire, go for it) but It gets old real fast. Maybe if the axis base weren't so close and further down the coast it could actually be interesting. keep tanks closer to enemy bases like it is now, and have fighters give them air support. But this whole take off fly 30 seconds to enemy base, rape and repeat is not much for the ATAG server or at least not a road we should be going down. Again thanks to all the map makers, please don't be insulted, take the constructive criticism as something good to improve maps and make them fun for all or the vast majority anyway.

I don't want to start a big debate/war on these maps, I just want to iron out the bugs and the instant gratification you get with being so close to the enemy. Anyway just my 2 cents worth, hope it can get something changed because I just can't fly those maps anymore and there are a good majority that feel the same way. Although some people love this map I think maybe they are the younger ones that expect instant action in their gaming experience. Other then that this is the best damn WWII sim in the world right now and for years to come, Not really interested in BOS at it's currant state and don't have much encouragement that it'll be so much better when it finally does come out.(again my 2cents worth) But hey I could be totally wrong.

Cheers to all the maps makers. hope this doesn't put a bad taste in your mouth I wouldn't have said anything if so many people in the ATAG community weren't so discouraged with these two maps.

Kling
Dec-08-2013, 12:24
I agree about the littlestone map but which one is the autumn map youre talking about??

StormBat
Dec-08-2013, 12:28
I agree about the littlestone map but which one is the autumn map youre talking about??

There's two versions of this map, one is in autumn the other is in winter. Different targets I believe for both sides.

235 Sqn. Coldstreamer (QJ-X)
Dec-08-2013, 17:12
lots of bugs in this map I'm afraid which won't allow red forces to win.

none existent bomber groups. never found a bomber group yet. and if they are there they don't bomb anything.

Target:- southwest of littlestone and just north of the river. doesn't seem to be there. I've bombed that peace of real estate to the point where ive turn over more earth with bombs than I could have done with a plough.

German mineclearing ship fires even though its capsized. ok that a all maps general fault.

unable to crater littlestone airfield:- that airfield gets more bombs than berlin did.

Aircraft artifacts hanging around in mid-air.

Now i'm not knocking the map maker. but if these bugs could be ironed out and the battle time reduced to a couple of hours say then i'd live with it.

At present guys your gonna loose folks hand over fist as soon as that maps appears.

AKA_Recon
Dec-08-2013, 21:55
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6970

StormBat
Dec-08-2013, 22:03
lots of bugs in this map I'm afraid which won't allow red forces to win.

none existent bomber groups. never found a bomber group yet. and if they are there they don't bomb anything.

Target:- southwest of littlestone and just north of the river. doesn't seem to be there. I've bombed that peace of real estate to the point where ive turn over more earth with bombs than I could have done with a plough.

German mineclearing ship fires even though its capsized. ok that a all maps general fault.

unable to crater littlestone airfield:- that airfield gets more bombs than berlin did.

Aircraft artifacts hanging around in mid-air.

Now i'm not knocking the map maker. but if these bugs could be ironed out and the battle time reduced to a couple of hours say then i'd live with it.

At present guys your gonna loose folks hand over fist as soon as that maps appears.

All great points, these maps need to be ironed out and fixed along with the ship so when it's destroyed and capsized it can't keep shooting from underwater. Also make the targets not to hard to find. I also agree with maybe a 2 or 3 hour limit on these particular maps as it becomes a $h!t show real fast with fighters raping and bombing bases from start to finish.

EG14_Marcast
Dec-09-2013, 02:54
All great points, these maps need to be ironed out and fixed along with the ship so when it's destroyed and capsized it can't keep shooting from underwater. Also make the targets not to hard to find. I also agree with maybe a 2 or 3 hour limit on these particular maps as it becomes a $h!t show real fast with fighters raping and bombing bases from start to finish.

+1 :thumbsup:

Roblex
Dec-09-2013, 05:20
I like the idea of having a map with tanks on so rather than just taking it away how about some suggestions for making it work?

Here are my suggestions:-

1. Move it to France, possibly a BoF scenario or just prior to the final debacle at Dunkirk.
This gives both sides the chance to choose from several airfields.
2. Make the airfield off limits to enemy tanks by putting in deadly AntiTank defences with Ace level AI.
Not sure how feasible that it.
3. Put in many ground targets that are easy to find.
We need to make the map finishable but not so quick that the tank drivers never get to play. Is there a way to make some of the targets only doable by tanks ie some way that bombers cannot reach them or maybe cannot see them but tanks can?
4. It needs to be balanced in such a way that Blue does not gain too much from having cannon armed, bomb carrying fighters to hit the targets with.