PDA

View Full Version : Looking (eagerly) for this skin:

chris455
Dec-08-2013, 17:45
I have been doing a bit of reading lately about the Hurricane and must admit at this point to being somewhat smitten.
I love underdogs and there is just something about the Hurri that appeals. I love flying the DH 5-20 in COD and came across this:

Does anyone know where this skin can be downloaded? It is the original K5083 Hurricane prototype.My holiday season would truly be complete if I could add this beauty to me stable.:thumbsup:
Any ideas where she may be found?
Much thanks in advance!
Chris

Uwe
Dec-09-2013, 01:46
Im pretty sure that's not from CloD, maybe fsx? Hard to tell add I'm on my phone but the terrain looks much more dead than cliffs.

baronWastelan
Dec-09-2013, 02:27
FSX [payware] http://www.pcaviator.com.au/store/product.php?productid=18770

chris455
Dec-09-2013, 22:11
Im pretty sure that's not from CloD, maybe fsx? Hard to tell add I'm on my phone but the terrain looks much more dead than cliffs.

Good catch all, and thanks for the replies.
I should have noticed that the exhaust dampers looked different.
I had a go at looking at the FSX version and frankly, I think 1C did a much better job on the Hurri.
I shall have to hope that some ambitious skinner may take this on some day.
Until then..............................:(

III./ZG76_Keller
Dec-09-2013, 23:31
Good catch all, and thanks for the replies.
I should have noticed that the exhaust dampers looked different.
I had a go at looking at the FSX version and frankly, I think 1C did a much better job on the Hurri.
I shall have to hope that some ambitious skinner may take this on some day.
Until then..............................:(

Why don't you try to create that skin yourself? It would be incredibly rewarding and a great learning experience!

chris455
Dec-10-2013, 00:03
Thanks for the suggestion, Keller.
It would also be a way to pay back the community for all the hours of enjoyment it has given me going back to the first release of Microsoft Flight Simulator (waxing nostalgic here) :stunned:
I'll take it under advisement!

ATAG_Lewis
Dec-10-2013, 09:07
Chris...I had a go at it for 20 minutes using different greys and light blues but none of them looked like metal..they just looked like painted aircraft...hence I didnt'post...I do make skins from time to time but not sure how to achieve the metal effect on this one....SOS

...lew...

ChiefRedCloud
Dec-10-2013, 11:35
Chris...I had a go at it for 20 minutes using different greys and light blues but none of them looked like metal..they just looked like painted aircraft...hence I didnt'post...I do make skins from time to time but not sure how to achieve the metal effect on this one....SOS

...lew...

Why not use metal. Couldn't you use an image of the appropriate metal texture to cover a plane? The ribbing and such could be blended in I think. Sounds like a project Lew ....