PDA

View Full Version : Empty ZIP files

Wolff
Dec-10-2013, 12:44
I had walked away from Cliffs of Dover some time ago since it just didn't do the job. Yesterday I heard that ATAG had mods that really changed the game around. For some reason I either end up getting an empty zip file when I try to download 3.0, etc., or no download at all. It would seem my age of 75 years has caused me to be doing someing wrong. Would greatly appreciate any help in getting the new mods in place. I tried downloading the files five times now with no joy.

ATAG_Bliss
Dec-10-2013, 12:54
Have you tried to open the files with a program called 7zip? TF4.0 needs that program because of its size.

ATAG_Colander
Dec-10-2013, 13:07
Sometimes internet explorer fails to download a file but thinks it already did. In these cases, if you try to re-download, it will pull the one already downloaded from cache and give you a bad file over and over.
The only way to fix this is to go into the internet explorer configuration pages and delete the temporary internet files. After doing this, the download will start as it never happened.

Colander.

Wolff
Dec-10-2013, 13:14
Have you tried to open the files with a program called 7zip? TF4.0 needs that program because of its size.

I really appreciate you taking the time to help me with this. It seems that the download site, and the torent site, are something you have to sign up for and pay for. When I download from the one site it will download, and yes, I have 7-zip, but I can't open the downloaded file. It says another program is using the file which is the the download site. If I close the download site the file is gone from my download folder...LOL, this one is new to me. Is there any other way to get 3.0 thru 4.0 from other than those two sites?

Thanks again for the help.

ATAG_JTDawg
Dec-10-2013, 13:17
I had walked away from Cliffs of Dover some time ago since it just didn't do the job. Yesterday I heard that ATAG had mods that really changed the game around. For some reason I either end up getting an empty zip file when I try to download 3.0, etc., or no download at all. It would seem my age of 75 years has caused me to be doing someing wrong. Would greatly appreciate any help in getting the new mods in place. I tried downloading the files five times now with no joy.

you need 3.0 -3.1 an 4.0 , each time clearing cache , an starting game.. Bliss is right you need 7 zip , but to me sounds like you need to turn off anti virus , an maybe lower firewall a bit. :thumbsup: think there is some how to vids in the Tech section . :salute:

ignore the pay part

ATAG_Colander
Dec-10-2013, 13:22
you need 3.0 -3.1 an 4.0 , each time clearing cache , an starting game.

No need. If you install them one after the other, you'll need to clean cache and restart the game only once at the end :D

Mysticpuma
Dec-10-2013, 14:33
I really appreciate you taking the time to help me with this. It seems that the download site, and the torent site, are something you have to sign up for and pay for. When I download from the one site it will download, and yes, I have 7-zip, but I can't open the downloaded file. It says another program is using the file which is the the download site. If I close the download site the file is gone from my download folder...LOL, this one is new to me. Is there any other way to get 3.0 thru 4.0 from other than those two sites?

Thanks again for the help.

Sent you a PM, cheers, MP

Wolff
Dec-10-2013, 15:40
My appreciation to all of you for your kind help. Just an indication of the type of organization you have. One of the big problems I caused myself. The download location window was not fully open and I failed to see the download percentage bar. I may have closed the site before it was finished and I'm trying it again. Thanks again.

Wolff
Dec-10-2013, 19:06
With thanks to the guys who helped me through this process I now have 4.0 up and running. Next step will be to join in the fun and hope I can find a mentor who is willing to guide me along.

ATAG_JTDawg
Dec-10-2013, 19:13
With thanks to the guys who helped me through this process I now have 4.0 up and running. Next step will be to join in the fun and hope I can find a mentor who is willing to guide me along.

There are plenty of guys around , that will give you pointers , an to wing up with . Get on TS an join in the fun. Also Figet gives real flight instruction. His post is looking for a Trainer , I believe :thumbsup: i'll post the link in a bit

ATAG_Lewis
Dec-11-2013, 06:52
Welcome to the community and forums Wolff....~S~

Checkout the 'Beginners Guide'...for info and tips...It should save you a heap of time in getting up to scratch.....and its a really fun learning curve anyway..

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5058&p=52711

There's plenty of old schoolers here Wolff...very knowledgeable on WW2 aircraft too...so I hope you feel at home....

Any questions then you've come to the right place....

Keep us posted on your progression....

Good to have you with us buddy...and have Fun!!

...lew...