PDA

View Full Version : Connection lost: timeout only on atag axis vs allies 4.00

MarioMas
Dec-12-2013, 08:17
Hi guys , i can't join in this server, someone can help me? After few second appears this message of connection lost: timeout, any advice are welcome, thanks for attention to my thread and excuse for my not perfect english:)

ATAG_Lolsav
Dec-12-2013, 08:24
When did that happen? After beeing on the server?

The reason i ask this its becasue most of the new guys are unaware when a mission ends the server reboots and steam will show the old server up if they hit the "refresh" button. You need to click the "New list" of servers to see the new one up after a mission rotation.

Salute!

MarioMas
Dec-12-2013, 08:32
When did that happen? After beeing on the server?

Salute!

No i haven't access to the server...in the load page appears message, i've tried also new list...but it's the same...

ATAG_Lolsav
Dec-12-2013, 08:45
Do you happen to have 2 internet LAN cards by any chance? ive read ppl having trouble with that. Try disable 1 if so.

MarioMas
Dec-12-2013, 08:52
Do you happen to have 2 internet LAN cards by any chance? ive read ppl having trouble with that. Try disable 1 if so.

yes me too have read this, but i havent more than one card :(

ATAG_Colander
Dec-12-2013, 08:54
I've seen in at least one occasion that some printer drivers create a fake network card that messes with CloD

ATAG_Lolsav
Dec-12-2013, 08:55
Hmm forgot to ask.. to wich patch do you have upgrade? Was it done properly? Meaning, 3.0, launch game 1 time, 3.01, launch game 1 time, and finally 4.0.

If it was done properly, check your firewall, i believe (from top of my head) the game works with port 27000

MarioMas
Dec-12-2013, 08:59
yes the sequence of the patch is that...i don't undestand what you say about firewall,do you mean windows firewall?

ATAG_Lolsav
Dec-12-2013, 09:07
do you mean windows firewall?

Yes. And test what Colander said too please. He knows better than all of us.

MarioMas
Dec-12-2013, 09:24
i have disabled my connection in local area connection, and then i have reactivated the connection...now i can join...so it's a ip problem?

ATAG_Lolsav
Dec-12-2013, 09:26
Maybe it was. Who knows. Its internet anything can happen.

Now go off and have fun :)

SoW Reddog
Dec-12-2013, 09:30
This happens to loads of people randomly, I've had it myself a few times with never rhyme nor reason. I either Direct connect or host my own lobby for a few minutes and it goes away. Odd, but there you go.

MarioMas
Dec-12-2013, 09:54
again problem after restart pc arg!

ATAG_Lolsav
Dec-12-2013, 09:55
Again, check what Colander has posted here. Ive heard of some printer drivers causing this.

MarioMas
Dec-12-2013, 09:58
i haven't printer on this pc :\

ATAG_Lolsav
Dec-12-2013, 10:04
and the drivers? Those are the problem. Did you ever hooked up a printer there to test something?

Edit:

Found this on official 1c forum about connection:

That sounds like maybe your firewall(s) or router(s) are not set to allow Cliffs of Dover to act as host. You would need to have a firewall rule for launcher.exe that allows incoming connection requests if memory serves correctly. The router will need to allow TCP and UDP traffic in both directions for the port CoD uses for hosting. I believe this is port 27015, however you can change it in ...\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\conf.ini You'll find the port listed in the [NET] section of conf.ini as localPort=27015
You can test this fairly easily. One of you find your external IP address (easiest way is to go to http://www.whatismyip.com/ and it will tell you) then start a server. The others can try to join by direct connect using the IP the host found. If you're still getting "cannot find server" or "server not responding" or "connection timeout" type errors, it's almost certainly a firewall or port forwarding problem.

MarioMas
Dec-12-2013, 10:18
no there aren't printer driver on this pc, and i have never had printer before, i have this problem recently, before all ok :(, in conf.ini the port is correct!

ATAG_Lolsav
Dec-12-2013, 10:31
Try joining other server besides ATAG one and, if you suceed, try join ATAG after that.

Sorry we have to keep trying to find whats going on with experiments like these.

MarioMas
Dec-12-2013, 10:52
Try joining other server besides ATAG one and, if you suceed, try join ATAG after that.

Sorry we have to keep trying to find whats going on with experiments like these.

I am entered in spit vs 109 exit and after i retry to connect in atag axis vs allies...but message is the same... lost connection for timeout...

ATAG_Lolsav
Dec-12-2013, 10:59
Edit: Before anything else try direct connect to server: Direct connect (steam://connect/216.52.148.29:27016)

just click the link above.

I can only think of 2 things that could be a problem:

1. You have a direct connection problem to ATAG ip due to your internet connection - (try to do and post the commands COLANDER alredy posted in here)

2. You have a firewall blocker, or a router blocker to ATAG ip. Do you know how to make sure a port is foward on router? (Look for your router in this list and check how to make port foward http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/ )

What is strange is that you were able to conect when you disable/enable network card and then, after reboot, you couldnt anymore. It really seems a firewall/antivirus (some block internet ports too) problem.

MarioMas
Dec-12-2013, 11:12
i retry to disable connection as first and now it have no effect :\,so i think is a randomness, now also first to reboot i can't join :\; now for the 1, what commands i have to post?
im not expert of router...so i have to found someone help me in the router port foward :(, i have also tried to deactivate firewall and antivirus

ATAG_Lolsav
Dec-12-2013, 11:18
that nasty Colander bloke removed his message.

Ok, this is what you need to test

open Dos console, just type "cmd.exe" without "" on Start--->Search

Once there, on the black screen, type in:

tracert 216.52.148.29

check if there is any blocking on connection. Take a screenshot of results and post it here.

MarioMas
Dec-12-2013, 12:35
that nasty Colander bloke removed his message.

Ok, this is what you need to test

open Dos console, just type "cmd.exe" without "" on Start--->Search

Once there, on the black screen, type in:

tracert 216.52.148.29

check if there is any blocking on connection. Take a screenshot of results and post it here.

test done!

ATAG_Lolsav
Dec-12-2013, 12:47
Ok. From that test we get to know this: Its not your server provider problem. It is a problem on your computer. I think think its router related/firewall problem.

Now lets check if the port is blocked

Go to this link: http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

and test ports 27015 and port 27016 (both can be used by CLOD)

post results here again.

ATAG_Lolsav
Dec-12-2013, 12:52
Hmm i had a second look on results and it seems you have a MODEM and a Router. Am i wrong?

MarioMas
Dec-12-2013, 15:26
Ok. From that test we get to know this: Its not your server provider problem. It is a problem on your computer. I think think its router related/firewall problem.

Now lets check if the port is blocked

Go to this link: http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

and test ports 27015 and port 27016 (both can be used by CLOD)

post results here again.

test says me :

Closed Port 27015 is closed on 79.47.152.238.

Closed Port 27016 is closed on 79.47.152.238.

MarioMas
Dec-12-2013, 15:29
Hmm i had a second look on results and it seems you have a MODEM and a Router. Am i wrong?
yes i have a central router and a PLANET Fast Ethernet Switch FSD linked to my pc

ATAG_Colander
Dec-12-2013, 15:31
I think you should ask your ISP if they are blocking the UDP protocol or have any TCP ports blocked.
Some ISPs block several ports and protocols by default arguing that "is safer for the users as less viruses can spread" but the real reason is to block people from setting up things like a web server at home.

ATAG_Lolsav
Dec-12-2013, 15:33
Test the UDP port here

http://portchecker.net/udp.php

I tought so about more than a router - So, for testing purposes, can you check if you can directly connect to ATAG server without using the switcher?

MarioMas
Dec-12-2013, 15:37
Test the UDP port here

I tought so about more than a router - So, for testing purposes, can you check if you can directly connect to ATAG server without using the switcher?

Port to check...? Which address i have to insert?

MarioMas
Dec-12-2013, 15:41
Test the UDP port here

i think no for the cable lenght :\, router is at distance from the pc....

ATAG_Lolsav
Dec-12-2013, 15:57
A LAN cable is cheap. Get one that is big enough. If the problem lays on the switcher, we need to see if there is a solution for it. But first would be better/ideal to check if that is the problem at all. Any eletricity/fix phone has those cables nowdays. I have one with 10 meters at home, just to avoid wireless connection to my router.

MarioMas
Dec-13-2013, 04:27
A LAN cable is cheap. Get one that is big enough. If the problem lays on the switcher, we need to see if there is a solution for it. But first would be better/ideal to check if that is the problem at all. Any eletricity/fix phone has those cables nowdays. I have one with 10 meters at home, just to avoid wireless connection to my router.

ok i will try it, If I do remember well and can be useful the only thing I changed recently in the circuit is the central router, because I changed my phone company, infact the problem I've had since then :\ ..., in the morning ive disconnected the LAN cable from ethernet port of my motherboard and then i reconnect it so i've joined the server without problem, restart pc again problem , and now can't join even if i repeat same procedure...

ATAG_Lolsav
Dec-13-2013, 08:37
By what you just wrote im now even more convinced your router is blocking the games port, 27015 and 27016. Do you have a friend who is savvy and who you could ask to come at your home port foward those ports? We could guide you through but it is a tricky process. It has to do with going on router admin control panel and portfoward the tcp/udp ports there.

Try reseting the router, switch it off for 1 minute or 2 and then swithc it on. On ip release it might release the ports also. It all depends on router brand and model.