PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help.me with a small mission for the P-51 and other info?

Mysticpuma
Dec-15-2013, 13:36
I posted this over at DCS P-51 Forum but still need some help if possible?

Basically I am still getting the hang of this and want to fly online with a friend of mine in a non combat scenario.

All that I require is that I can start a Multiplayer server, load a mission where we can both spawn at an airbase (would love one near the mountains) and then we can just take-off, fly around an land.

A couple of things I am not sure how to do at the moment.

When I joined a Server last-night, there was no way to save a track of the mission and also no way to change the skins.

So is anyone able to:

Create a mission as described above, simple non-combat, just spawn near mountains, take-off, fly around and land.

Explain how I can record a track of the mission

Explain how if I host the Mission/Server, I/we can change the skins on the aircraft?

Tonight I had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed it....except our aircraft had German markings and I couldn't save a track of the event

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I really am still learning and would like to have this mission to get me much more confident in the air.

BTW. I did try and host a server tonight as a test, but when it asked me to load a mission, I had non available?

Where should the above mission (if someone can help me) be saved to?

Cheers, MP

(PS. Being able to.select the custom.skin is something I really need to be able to.do along with the other player(s) on the server. Can custom.skins be chosen by all flyers on the server I set up?

Catseye
Dec-15-2013, 15:46
I posted this over at DCS P-51 Forum but still need some help if possible?

Basically I am still getting the hang of this and want to fly online with a friend of mine in a non combat scenario.

All that I require is that I can start a Multiplayer server, load a mission where we can both spawn at an airbase (would love one near the mountains) and then we can just take-off, fly around an land.

A couple of things I am not sure how to do at the moment.

When I joined a Server last-night, there was no way to save a track of the mission and also no way to change the skins.

So is anyone able to:

Create a mission as described above, simple non-combat, just spawn near mountains, take-off, fly around and land.

Explain how I can record a track of the mission

Explain how if I host the Mission/Server, I/we can change the skins on the aircraft?

Tonight I had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed it....except our aircraft had German markings and I couldn't save a track of the event

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I really am still learning and would like to have this mission to get me much more confident in the air.

BTW. I did try and host a server tonight as a test, but when it asked me to load a mission, I had non available?

Where should the above mission (if someone can help me) be saved to?

Cheers, MP

(PS. Being able to.select the custom.skin is something I really need to be able to.do along with the other player(s) on the server. Can custom.skins be chosen by all flyers on the server I set up?

Hi Mp,
Here is where you save mission files to:

C:\Users\Your user name here\Saved Games\DCS\Missions

I have a mission created for solo flying about and the same mission set up for 3 online players.
I also have the solo mission set up at night. They are based on a mission called Sitting Ducks.

I would be glad to send them to you.

Cheers,
Cats

ps. every mission flown can be replayed immediately - you don't have to save just hit replay. and . . . you can jump in and take over any time.

Mysticpuma
Dec-15-2013, 16:51
Thanks Catseye...replied to your PM ;)

Mysticpuma
Dec-28-2013, 16:59
Hi Catseye, thanks for the mission. I have had a tweak and a play with it and then went to start an online server. Sadly all I have is a big flashing pause symbol in the top right corner. I presume to start the server/mission I need to un-pause it. How is this done and am I missing something, or is that it?

Looks great the mission and perfect for what I need, cheers, MP

Catseye
Dec-29-2013, 14:03
Hi Catseye, thanks for the mission. I have had a tweak and a play with it and then went to start an online server. Sadly all I have is a big flashing pause symbol in the top right corner. I presume to start the server/mission I need to un-pause it. How is this done and am I missing something, or is that it?

Looks great the mission and perfect for what I need, cheers, MP

Yes, you have to unpause.
Memory, memory, I think you hit the "pause" button but make sure that your FLOCK key is on/of to enable the pause key to work. If the Pause key doesn't work, toggle the FLOCK key and try again.

I'm pretty sure this is how it works.

Check the DCS manual Multiplay to make sure - in the DCS main folder.

Cheers,
Happy New Year.