PDA

View Full Version : Padawan seeking Master

thejefu
Dec-15-2013, 17:54
I recently made the move from War Thunder Full Real Battles to purchasing CLOD. WT was my first taste of WW2 combat simulation and I'm somewhat addicted. Finding the learning curve somewhat mammoth, but reading up and learning to get to grips with my 109.

I was wondering if any pilots/squadrons out there were interested in taking on a rookie to show me ropes of serious simulation/have abit of fun learning/makes some friends in the game. I'm an active player and am fully interested in joining up with a squadron as soon as I can, ya know, take off & land.

Would appreciate any help!

Royraiden
Dec-15-2013, 18:09
Have a look at Air Combat Group(ACG) they have 3 RAF squadrons as well as 3 Luftwaffe staffeln with pilots from all around the world and they are always recruiting.They also will get you flying and fighting without any problems.

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/index.php

There are other squadrons out there but ACG are a perfect group of people that will get you going from scratch with a very friendly attitude, plus, I flew with them for several months and went from noob to competent pilot in no time.Im sure Osprey will probably see this and contact you directly but anyways you can just go to their forums and say hello, they will take it from there.

Black
Dec-15-2013, 18:13
Wanted to write the same but Roy was quicker. I was a member of ACG for a good amount of time and enjoyed the ride, many helpful people there! Add "No.501_Osprey" on Steam and he will help you out with anything you need! :salute:

ATAG_Lewis
Dec-15-2013, 18:17
Welcome to the community and forums thejefu ....~S~

Checkout the 'Beginners Guide'...for info and tips...It should save you a heap of time in getting up to scratch.....and its a really fun learning curve anyway..

Beginners Guide Link Here (http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5058&p=52711)

How did you find CLOD from WT?....I'm interested to know....and also will other WT folks be following in your footsteps?...they are all welcome....I'd be interested to know how the 2 sims compare too

Any questions then you've come to the right place....

Good to have you with us buddy...and Have Fun!!!

...lew...

ATAG_Freya
Dec-15-2013, 18:29
Welcome mate! As stated previously, tons of great squadrons out there to get you up and running, don't be shy about asking any other Q's on this forum or any other, we have a great group of people in this community always ready to lend a hand! Enjoy!

thejefu
Dec-15-2013, 18:29
Thanks for the advice & kind words.

War Thunder for me was a gradual climb; started with arcade, naturally went on to historic and then got a stick to try FRB. I guess the more I really got to know the planes and gained an interested in world war 2 avionics, I slowly started to hate the casual nature of War Thunder, the matchups, the grind, the bad flight models and lack of historical accuracy.

I knew of the IL-2 series from googling around the time I was getting into FRB, but was never overly keen on the next installment as it is based on a theatre I don't have much of an interest in. I had never heard of CLOD but I guess I found it by going one step back from IL-2 BoS, yet read that it was borked and unplayable. I then read about 4.0 and took a chance and patched up to 4.0 expecting my rig wouldn't even run it - it's running sweet!

Got some friends who I dragged from historic battles to FRB with me who really enjoyed it; hoping to bring them across too.

Next step, PS3Eye and a headtracking device :)

ATAG_Lolsav
Dec-15-2013, 18:37
Love to read these little big stories. Welcome to the light. Now go and spread the word. Feel very welcome and have fun.

ATAG_Freya
Dec-15-2013, 18:37
Ah! saving your pennies? look here - http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1548

Osprey
Dec-16-2013, 10:11
Hi thejefu,

Indeed you're welcome to come along with us and give it all a shot, we'l give you any help you need. Check my sig and come on in. We are running some training nights now which could be perfect for this, but otherwise jump in our Teamspeak anytime and join in. We also run a campaign on a Sunday which is open to individuals who want to give us a try, meet TS @ 1900GMT

Many thanks to Roy and Black for the support - I miss you two guys, you really should be back here! The campaign is sweet.

~S~

indyscout
Dec-16-2013, 11:14
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5823

If you and your friends are interested in flying the 109, you should give a quick read of a guide I have been working on (link above), welcome to CLOD from a fellow WT vet!

ATAG_JTDawg
Dec-16-2013, 11:22
Love to read these little big stories. Welcome to the light. Now go and spread the word. Feel very welcome and have fun.

+ 1 , An take your time finding a Squad. There are plenty of guys on T.S. To get you up to speed , any that say you can not fly till you join = keep on walking Best of luck :thumbsup:

ChiefRedCloud
Dec-16-2013, 12:31
http://imageshack.com/a/img844/8456/aml0.png

Injerin
Dec-16-2013, 22:56
What is your midichlorian count? Lol joking most here will help all new pilots.

LuseKofte
Dec-17-2013, 06:51
Don't mind them others, we got cookies :)

We are a a group of flyers that has been in communities for ages. Newly formatted to Lehrgeschwader Eins meaning we fly everything the germans can throw at them bad red flyers.
I myself are mainly a ground ponder and mostly flew 110´s now it gonna be more JU 87 and 88 . But we fly 109 with very experienced pilots and a good friendly atmosphere
Look us up http://www.5jg27.net

LuseKofte
Dec-17-2013, 06:53
Well who would have known Warthunder might be the one game saving combatsims :goofy

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Dec-17-2013, 07:30
Well who would have known Warthunder might be the one game saving combatsims :goofy

Genius!

Osprey
Dec-17-2013, 10:11
WT is awesome, it's a great stepping stone and promoter of the much overlooked CFS genre. ACG have gained a few chaps thanks to WT getting them involved. Regardless of immersion it shows people something other than FPS / RPS / TPS and gets people interested in this wealth of history. WT rocks for that very reason alone - all COD people should do their upmost to poach from the huge WT community ;) Get on their forums and YT channels and promote the leap to COD. Make it friendly, no point slagging off what WT is because it is different.

LuseKofte
Dec-17-2013, 11:09
I have a free version of it, the graphic is quite good also the pits are within my accept. But the maneuvers they did and I refused to do made them kill me. :D
I am quite happy for all the recruiting we can get to this community . I just did not think WT was the one playing that role

rollingstoned
Dec-28-2013, 14:06
If you ever see me on TS ill happily give you some tips that will give you a leg up in the 109.

cheers and welcome!