PDA

View Full Version : Lost Skin: Spitfire MkII "Stap Me"

Bo_Nidle
Dec-17-2013, 20:41
Back in 2011 I turned out this skin. Unfortunately since then I have changed PC's twice and it has been lost.
Does anyone out there still have it and if so would they be so kind as to post it on here please?
Thanks.

Mysticpuma
Dec-17-2013, 22:13
Hi Bo.
Not sure if I have it and if I don't, I hope someone does.

Are you taking up skinning in CloD?

I still have some of your P-47 skins from IL-2 :)

Cheers, MP

LARRY69
Dec-18-2013, 01:55
Back in 2011 I turned out this skin. Unfortunately since then I have changed PC's twice and it has been lost.
Does anyone out there still have it and if so would they be so kind as to post it on here please?
Thanks.

hallo Bo Nidle,

It`s not the same Skin, but i think the same Spitfire. (if you would have the same one, white spinner and band and "Bete" beside, let me know).

Larry69

P.S. the beautyful Skin is from Kristorf! many thanks!

LARRY69
Dec-18-2013, 04:04
it does`nt work this way. sorry. the attachment has the wrong size!

Look at www.cliffsofdover.fr Spitfire MK1, it`s (still !) there.

Larry69

Bo_Nidle
Dec-18-2013, 06:24
Thanks guys. MysticP nice to see you're still here and yes, I might well push the paint shop doors open again.

Larry69, thanks mate but I was looking for mine in particular, appreciate the thought though. :thumbsup:

Looks like I'll be starting on "Stap Me" again.

HarveyKrumpet
Dec-18-2013, 17:34
Hello,
I was curious about the phrase stap me, did a little research and this is what I found:

English
Verb
stap

(obsolete) an affected pronunciation of stop

Usage notes
Used in the phrase "Stap Me!" This phrase was used by the character Captain A.R.P. Reilly-Ffoull in the WWII era cartoon strip Just Jake, published in the British daily The Daily Mirror. This phrase found its way into the RAF -- painted on Spitfires in the 603rd in deference to their Squadron Leader Basil Gerald "Stapme" Stapleton, a fighter pilot hero of the Battle of Britain. "Stap Me!" was not only an expression he used due to his love of the comic strip Just Jake, but it became his nickname and a battle cry of his squadron.

Courtesy of Razor17019 at the warbird phots

Merry Christmas

LARRY69
Dec-18-2013, 17:41
Hello,
I was curious about the phrase stap me, did a little research and this is what I found:

English
Verb
stap

(obsolete) an affected pronunciation of stop

Usage notes
Used in the phrase "Stap Me!" This phrase was used by the character Captain A.R.P. Reilly-Ffoull in the WWII era cartoon strip Just Jake, published in the British daily The Daily Mirror. This phrase found its way into the RAF -- painted on Spitfires in the 603rd in deference to their Squadron Leader Basil Gerald "Stapme" Stapleton, a fighter pilot hero of the Battle of Britain. "Stap Me!" was not only an expression he used due to his love of the comic strip Just Jake, but it became his nickname and a battle cry of his squadron.

Courtesy of Razor17019 at the warbird phots

Merry Christmas
:thumbsup: well done