PDA

View Full Version : WW2 Radio plugin - an error at my end?

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Dec-18-2013, 01:15
Hi Colander/ all,

I've had a longstanding problem with the plugin. It appears that, apart from the volume slider, none of the settings/ effetcs sliders do anything. Here's a short video showing what I mean. I manipulate the sliders and "apply" different settings, with no impact on the overall output. the only control that changes anything is the volume slider.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kizt6S3hdyM

Do other people get the same? i.e. is this is a problem with my setup only?
Would it make a difference if the 32 bit or 64 bit version was used? (I have both 32 and 64 bi .dll files in my plugins folder...)

Any other possible work-arounds known?

Incidentally, in this video, it seemed to be working somehow. Listen to Birdseye's (my wingman) voice. All the static crackle is gone and his transmissions are much clearer. I have no idea how it worked during that session. I cannot replicate it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq7WVka26zw

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Dec-18-2013, 01:22
OK more news...

Removed 32 bit version. And now have just the 64 bit dll in folder.

I've reduced the Teamspeak "Voice volume adjustment" down to the +0dB position.

Now all the ugly static has gone.... and it sounds quite nice. I'm too scared to open the plugin settings in case it resets to "ugly"...

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Dec-18-2013, 01:27
aha! I have identified the problem!

If you have two TS channels open (i.e. in different tabs) it buggers up the plugin!

So long as you only have one TS channel open, then the plugin works fine.

ATAG_Septic
Dec-18-2013, 10:20
I had given up on the plugin due to similar problems but 'll have another go with this info.

Thanks Phil old chap.

Septic.

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Dec-18-2013, 11:06
I had given up on the plugin due to similar problems but 'll have another go with this info.
Thanks Phil old chap.
Septic.

Hi Septic, it's been working well since I've kept TS to a single channel. Had a full hour's combat today, including recording all of it on video using the plugin and no issues.