PDA

View Full Version : Display Smoke after time XX:XX

Ivank
Dec-20-2013, 01:06
Is there a way in FMB to drop in a type of smoke but only have it display after a specific mission time ?

ATAG_Colander
Dec-20-2013, 13:15
I think there's a smoke object that can be used. The trick would be to "spawn" it when you want it with a sub-mission load and not from the beginning.

Ivank
Dec-20-2013, 16:01
Thanks Colander ... now to figure out how to do that.

Salmo
Dec-20-2013, 16:05
There are about 4-5 different smoke objects in FMB. Unfortunately, most are broken (do not display any smoke effect). A couple do work. Smoke objects do not have any parameter to delay their appearance in the game so you could only achieve what you want using scripts.

You would have to use gpPostMissionLoad to load in the smoke object where & when you need it after a certain mission time has elapsed.

1lokos
Dec-20-2013, 16:40
Salmo,

Perhapes due TF 4.0... Recently I test and Small Fire, Big Fire, Small Smoke and Big Smoke (not sure about names) work on SP mission.

Other two are colored circles used in Training "campaign" to mark path trought the air.

Sokol1

Ivank
Dec-20-2013, 17:16
There are about 4-5 different smoke objects in FMB. Unfortunately, most are broken (do not display any smoke effect). A couple do work. Smoke objects do not have any parameter to delay their appearance in the game so you could only achieve what you want using scripts.

You would have to use gpPostMissionLoad to load in the smoke object where & when you need it after a certain mission time has elapsed.

Have no idea Salmo how to actually do that. I do know Environment Heavy smoke works, Large building fire and small building fire work ... in SP anyway.

Osprey
Dec-31-2013, 05:02
They also work in mp too but there is a strange effect on the horizon with big smoke a and b.

If you don't do c# yourself then I suggest to request it. @Salmo, is there a library of help for the methods and objects used in cod anywhere? Sorry if that's a dumb question....

bolox
Dec-31-2013, 08:06
is there a library of help for the methods and objects used in cod anywhere?

probably nearest thing is here

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=26523