PDA

View Full Version : Spit & or Hawkens Problems

ChiefRedCloud
Nov-01-2011, 20:18
Not a complaint, just a question (open to all). A while back on the ATAG server I had a bit of a problem with the Spit at Hawkens being difficult to get off the ground. A sort of dragging like it didn't want to move or fly. This was only Spits not 109's.

After this I had no problems at all. Smooth take offs and flights. Today, this incident repeated itself.

Now after all this the question is simple. Is anyone else esperiancing this? If not, then it's something on my end. Thanks for any and all answers.

ATAG_Bliss
Nov-01-2011, 23:22
Hmm, strange. Did you happen to notice if it was FPS related? I know Hawkinge is a straight up FPS nightmare. Not only does it have 6-8 huge hangers next to it, it also has the town on the edge of it.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with the direction you took off from. I have a beast of a PC and I'm at a slideshow 1/2 the time until I go wheels up at Hawkinge.

ChiefRedCloud
Nov-01-2011, 23:52
I'll run Fraps and check it out ..... :inq:

Same problems ....... Moved to the base up the coast (North) and tried there. As you mentioned, no such lag there. But still odd since I have been doing just fine out of hawkens till now. But now I'd like to request the pot holes be filled in at the other base (who's name I can not remember) because I've crashed 3 times (nosed over) while taking off. About to try again.

ATAG_Torian
Nov-02-2011, 21:06
Hi Chief,
Spits and Hurris do have a tendency to nose over if u dont give them a little pull
back on the stick as soon as the tail comes up. Thats what I do anyway and then I watch my speed carefully to get it to 80-90mph and then ease the stick back to get it off the ground. If u are doing any more than about 90mph u will usually nose over.
These british bases are unimproved grass airfields and as such will create more
friction than a nice smooth concrete runway as well as they have a mound here and there to make life interesting for the unwary. You will need more runway on these
airfields than say a 109. I'm assuming u are letting your plane warmup enuff as that
will impede power if oil pressure (which is related to oil temp) is inadequate.
A number of the guys will also drop their prop pitch to about 80% once they start
building speed down the runwayand they report it gets them off the ground a lil
qwiker.
HTH, Torian

ATAG_JTDawg
Nov-02-2011, 23:56
I've had same problems at that base,what i think it is, bad spawn points! .if your near or by the hill, you can roll backwards all the way down the hill,If you spawn part way up hill you can burn engine out trying to get up it. That is why i fly out of base just south at lyphne. Jeepy Wandalen and i have all had this problem :thumbsup:

ChiefRedCloud
Nov-03-2011, 08:58
@ Torian, Thanks for the tip and yes it was definatly bad pilot handling here. A little more consintration on my part solved my problem/

@ JTDawg, Thanks for this info. Makes me feel a bit better ..... I will continue to try Hawkings since I have had success in the past but As for now I think I'll stick with Rasgate ...... Thanks

ChiefRedCloud
Nov-03-2011, 13:19
Update ...... Flew out of Hawkings today with no problems ....... perhaps my old machine just didn't want to fly those days ..... I have no idea.:no

jaydee
Nov-04-2011, 04:59
Hey Chief,what JT is talking about (spit pulling to Right on spawn) is I believe is abug that only happens online...I dont know why..try Taxi around an airfield in single mission (offline) and check your controls that way ! ~S~

ChiefRedCloud
Nov-04-2011, 09:42
Hey Chief,what JT is talking about (spit pulling to Right on spawn) is I believe is abug that only happens online...I dont know why..try Taxi around an airfield in single mission (offline) and check your controls that way ! ~S~

Will do ..... thanks

ATAG_JTDawg
Nov-04-2011, 15:11
Nope, it was like i said ask wandalen or jeepy, :no i rolled all the way down town to a pub! xe-90 had joystick problem, which forcia helped him out yesterday

ATAG_Bliss
Nov-05-2011, 23:22
Has this problem happened recently? (like in the past week?) I've changed/adjusted the spawn points soo many times I've lost count! Damn game :uhoh

:bricks:

ChiefRedCloud
Nov-06-2011, 14:48
Has this problem happened recently? (like in the past week?) I've changed/adjusted the spawn points soo many times I've lost count! Damn game :uhoh

:bricks:

For me it was about a week ago. But since then I've flown out of Hawkings with no problems. Go figure.

ATAG_Jeepy
Nov-09-2011, 15:37
Nope, it was like i said ask wandalen or jeepy, :no i rolled all the way down town to a pub!

Hmm.. Always thirsty that bugger.. I went down trying to drag him out of that pub..
But.. Too late.. :no

:salute:

-c/s jeepy-

ChiefRedCloud
Nov-10-2011, 10:03
I think I'll tag onto this thread instead of creating another "Cry in my beer" thread. I waas trying to fly 109's out of, I believe, Coquelles (not 100% sure) and had what appears to be a spawning problem.

I spawned into my plane fine but then it would seem that the buildinf/revetment spawned in on top of me and blew up the plane. I went to another field and had no problems. Went back to this same field later to try respawning and the plane was still burning. Could this just be on my end? A sort of uncoordinated data?

I hate to bring this up considering how much you've played with the spawn points. I'm going to pop back in and see if it happens this morning. I'll follow up here.

ChiefRedCloud
Nov-10-2011, 11:24
I think I'll tag onto this thread instead of creating another "Cry in my beer" thread. I waas trying to fly 109's out of, I believe, Coquelles (not 100% sure) and had what appears to be a spawning problem.

I spawned into my plane fine but then it would seem that the buildinf/revetment spawned in on top of me and blew up the plane. I went to another field and had no problems. Went back to this same field later to try respawning and the plane was still burning. Could this just be on my end? A sort of uncoordinated data?

I hate to bring this up considering how much you've played with the spawn points. I'm going to pop back in and see if it happens this morning. I'll follow up here.

Follow up to this. I Spawned into Coquelles and into the small E Bunkers (thanks for info Stryker) and all seemed well till I started my engine. BOOOM! So I spawned out to another 109 base and all was good (HHHMMMM meditating). I tried Coquelles again and spawned into a 109 in an E bunker with flames all around me. But I thought I'd give it a whack anyway. I started my engine ok, I set my prop pich ok, THEN I tried to move the plane ...... BOOM!

Now Stryker mentioned that this was most likley a BUG. This is fine, because I don't want my observation to mistook for a complaint. It merely an observation. And I was just wondering IF anyone else has experianced this? :inq:

ATAG_Bliss
Nov-11-2011, 11:02
Follow up to this. I Spawned into Coquelles and into the small E Bunkers (thanks for info Stryker) and all seemed well till I started my engine. BOOOM! So I spawned out to another 109 base and all was good (HHHMMMM meditating). I tried Coquelles again and spawned into a 109 in an E bunker with flames all around me. But I thought I'd give it a whack anyway. I started my engine ok, I set my prop pich ok, THEN I tried to move the plane ...... BOOM!

Now Stryker mentioned that this was most likley a BUG. This is fine, because I don't want my observation to mistook for a complaint. It merely an observation. And I was just wondering IF anyone else has experianced this? :inq:

Thanks for the info Cheif! I've changed those damn spawn points soo many times lol. I guess I'll give it another whirl! :goofy: