PDA

View Full Version : When it's quiet, it's not...

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Dec-20-2013, 03:55
Salute All

Just like to mention to all of those who continue to support CoD:

It probably seems quiet around here, but that does not mean we are not busy. :hpyflying:

Right now there are two tiers of work going on in TF.

1) Finalization of beta 2 TF 4.01 (sorry can't give you a deadline, this is a bigger patch than we expected, so taking longer, many more new elements)

2) Longer term work is underway in many different areas for TF 5.0.

The second of these two tiers includes work on new aircraft, new maps, new sounds, and many many new objects and elements.

We'd love to show you all the yummy details of the TF 5.0 work, but we agreed amongst ourselves that it would be best to wait till later in the development period when things are a little more advanced before Mysticpuma cranks up his wonder videos and starts pasting screenshots and sounds. When that comes, no doubt it will be a deluge. :flying2:

In the meantime, we expect to post a promo for TF 4.01, not sure if it will be after Christmas or after New Years, that will depend on the release of TF 4.01.

TF members will of course, be taking a break during the holidays, unlike last year, where a lot of us used all our holiday time to get the ball rolling, we are taking a longer term perspective and are a little more cognizant of the phenomenon of burnout. :IAG:

On behalf of all of Team Fusion, want to wish everyone in the community a Happy Holiday season and a safe and prosperous New Year. :hbd:

Without the interest and positive feedback from the community, you guys, we wouldn't be doing this. :bravo:

zionid
Dec-20-2013, 04:16
When I bought this game upon release I invested som 3-4 hours in it. It was an unplayable, horrible slide show.
Since this autumn I have cranked 200 hours into it.

Your work what drives this sim to bigger things. I can not believe how lucky were are that you guys
keep pouring man-hours and expertise into this- and we just get to play and enjoy game that
gets more and more like the real thing, graphics that gets
better with every patch, the thrill of realistic- hardcore ww2 combat coming to life.... Fantastic.

I have been flying with the guys in Air Combat Group and I gotta say, their teamspirit and organization skills on top
of your groundwork has led to some of my most rewarding experiences in digital entertainment.

I must admit, I am checking for updates a few dozen times a week, and it is agony;) But is a price I will
continue to pay gladly- because I know you guys will deliver, whenever you are ready for it.

Happy holidays guys!

varrattu
Dec-20-2013, 05:35
Happy Holidays Team Fusion !!

Regards ~V~

9./JG52_J-HAT
Dec-20-2013, 05:38
Thanks for the update, Buzzsaw.

Like it has been said above, TF makes this game live on and will continue to in the future! Great!

Skoshi_Tiger
Dec-20-2013, 06:28
Thanks for the Update.

Wishing everyone in Team Fusion a Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year! Also many thanks to your families and loved ones that have sacrificed a lot by allowing software development into their homes!

Thanks!

ATAG_Torian
Dec-20-2013, 06:43
Put the mouse down.... step away from the pc.................and have yourselves a merry holiday guys. Thank u all at TF for all the presents u have delivered to us. Spend ur time with those u care about and we'll see u all at some time in the new year when u all are good n ready.

:kiss:

EG14_Marcast
Dec-20-2013, 06:51
I think patch 5.0 will be astonishing, I'm looking forward to it. But for now, a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you TF. You are making of this game something really great!:cheers:

Macro
Dec-20-2013, 07:18
Happy christmas all. Cheers for the update.

Take some time off! You guys deserve a few beers :)

ATAG_Lolsav
Dec-20-2013, 08:54
Merry Christmas evryone. A very big thanks to Team Fusion for making christmas all year around ;)

Incog
Dec-20-2013, 08:59
a big thanks to those who have worked on this

hopefully i can log a few hours on the ATAG server during christmas holidays

i'm somewhat amazed at the level of dedication everyone shows; not just the modders (though they deserve the biggest props) but also everyone who continues to fly

Continu0
Dec-20-2013, 09:01
"The Dream is Still Alive" and that is what we have to thank you for! Merry Christmas!

LcSummers
Dec-20-2013, 09:06
Thanks guys,

have all a good holiday

Merry Christmas!!

ChiefRedCloud
Dec-20-2013, 09:22
Thanks for everything TF and do as Torian says .... and have a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year .....

Swoop
Dec-20-2013, 09:25
Thanks Buzz and Happy Christmas and New Year to you and the rest of TF. Hope you all have a great break and come back re-energized to continue your great work.

Talisman
Dec-20-2013, 09:45
Thanks for your post Buzzsaw. Also, many thanks to all TF members and helpers for their time and efforts on CloD during 2013. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Happy landings,

Talisman

ATAG_Lewis
Dec-20-2013, 10:40
Always great to hear....

For me personnally the most important thing was to get a game that was playable and that people could enjoy longterm....We have that now thanks to the TF team...Anything thereafter is a bonus...There should be no pressure felt to complete on deadlines or such from here on in....Folks always want more....but there should never be any peer pressure for these extras....The great work has been done and we as the community are forever gratefull to those folks who put their hard work in free of charge for our enjoyment....I really can't thank them enough for what they have given me personnally and us as a community

To top that we have new players coming into the forums and server on a daily basis...something we didn't have in the early days...The community is expanding.....A lot of these folks have become aware of all the work that has been done and feel that now is the time to find out for themselves how good it is....Some of these folks have just invested in a bargain when they saw CLOD for £5..some have seen a few of the many vids we have flooded youtube with....others bought the game when it was released and were so dissapointed shelved it until now.....Either way to these new players CLOD is a brand new sim that will take months of enjoyment to master.....I have 1000 hours on CLOD and at no point felt I was bored...Imagine how the new players feel in this environment with such a ground breaking and now polished WW2 Combat Flight Sim...If it were me I'd be ecstatic and thrilled with what we already have for a long time to come...

Having said that....Now tell us about all the new goodies you have for us!!!

Continu0
Dec-20-2013, 10:51
To top that we have new players coming into the forums and server on a daily basis...something we didn't have in the early days...The community is expanding.....

This is what amazes me most. And to be honest, I didn`t think it would be possible. But I am glad that you (ATAG, TF, the whole community) are proofing me wrong!

EG14_Marcast
Dec-20-2013, 11:07
For me personnally the most important thing was to get a game that was playable and that people could enjoy longterm....We have that now thanks to the TF team...Anything thereafter is a bonus...There should be no pressure felt to complete on deadlines or such from here on in....Folks always want more....but there should never be any peer pressure for these extras....The great work has been done and we as the community are forever gratefull to those folks who put their hard work in free of charge for our enjoyment....I really can't thank them enough for what they have given me personnally and us as a community

You couldn't say it better, Lewis :thumbsup:

StormBat
Dec-20-2013, 12:05
First of all thanks to TF for raising this sim out of the ashes into something truly amazing. The hard work, long hours and dedication that you have shown is an inspiration for all, even for dummies like me who know nothing about code or programming. And to think that it's still not done gets me so excited I can't sleep sometimes at night just thinking of what will come next to this already wonderful and polished piece of art.

To everyone at ATAG, Team Fusion, and the awesome people that make up the community, have yourself a fun and relaxing holiday, take a much deserved break and well see you in the new year. For TF hopefully refreshed and ready to create more magic.

ATAG_JTDawg
Dec-20-2013, 12:27
Always great to hear....

To top that we have new players coming into the forums and server on a daily basis...something we didn't have in the early days...The community is expanding.....A lot of these folks have become aware of all the work that has been done and feel that now is the time to find out for themselves how good it is....Some of these folks have just invested in a bargain when they saw CLOD for £5..some have seen a few of the many vids we have flooded youtube with....others bought the game when it was released and were so dissapointed shelved it until now.....Either way to these new players CLOD is a brand new sim that will take months of enjoyment to master.....I have 1000 hours on CLOD and at no point felt I was bored...Imagine how the new players feel in this environment with such a ground breaking and now polished WW2 Combat Flight Sim...If it were me I'd be ecstatic and thrilled with what we already have for a long time to come...

:thumbsup: very well said

Meaks
Dec-20-2013, 12:27
Guys of TF,please go easy on yourselves,you don't have to justify the silence,so far you have given us soooooo much,every time I fly this sim I think of what was on the table a year ago and what we have now.

Anyone who flies this flight sim knows that Rome was'nt built in a day,it's a very complex sim to fix,there have been numerous bugs to put right and now we are just starting to see the light at the end of a very dark tunnel thanks to the efforts of Team Fusion,so guys I take my hat off to you all,have a Merry Christmas and please go and have a break you've earned it for sure :thumbsup:

ATAG_Septic
Dec-20-2013, 13:16
Thanks for your post Buzzsaw, I wish you and all at TF the very best over the holiday season.

I've tried but Lew says it best, so what Lew said;

Always great to hear....

Chivas
Dec-20-2013, 21:15
ThankYOU Team Fusion

Its wonderful that so many talented people could see the potential of this sim.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

heinkill
Dec-21-2013, 06:26
Have a cool Yule all. I have packed away the joystick now, in anticipation of picking up the mulled wine mug instead! Plan on getting fatter and merrier while surrounded by capering sprogs sick with sugar overdoses. Hope you all have similarly relaxing plans!

zami
Dec-21-2013, 07:16
Great, thanks for the update! Keep up the good work :thumbsup: Really looking forward to 4.01, maybe in couple of weeks we can also test it :)

Happy holidays!

danperin
Dec-21-2013, 23:52
Thank you TF and Thank you ATAG team!!! Happy Holidays!!! :)

Markie
Dec-22-2013, 04:41
Hi, new to this forum - just registered. I loved the four screenshots posted for a couple of years of IL2COD and could not believe what I was seeing. Oleg Maddox and his team aimed for the moon and got to the stars. The scope of the project was so big but now with what Team Fusion have added we are seeing a true masterpiece surface. We should not forget the work already done, the result is incredible with more to come - cinematic in effect. I have whipped up an example of a Main Menu if anyone is interested. I have fiddled with Photoshop for years and can offer artwork if required or requested. I may have jumped into the wrong place here but I do have something to offer. Must say that graphically there are three things that annoy me in this game/simulator immensely though - 1. The "round" knobs in the cockpits are facetted like dodecahedrons or whatever rather than spherical, be nice to see this corrected in patches/updates 2. The plate running along the side support bracing either side in the Bf-109 cockpits is pixelated and blurry and really annoying, considering everything around it is crisp and detailed. I have provided a fix here if anyone else feels the same ( If anyone has a close-up photo of the hex nut/screw above this bar please tell me also) 3. Red out screen has peculiar black bits - couldn't the whole screen just be tinted red? Oh, must add - if weather could be more mixed, i.e thunder and lightning, raining, snowing, rainbows etc. - big bonus. Wish list stuff. Anyhow I love this sim and cannot get enough. Grew up on European Air War and this really supersedes it but in the same sort of nostalgic style and feel. Recently put together a folder (Twenty files including speeches by Winston Churchill and Adolf Hitler) of music from WWII to add into the game so there is more variety when you start up each time - sounds great. Hope to hear views.

Kling
Dec-22-2013, 05:03
Hi, new to this forum - just registered. I loved the four screenshots posted for a couple of years of IL2COD and could not believe what I was seeing. Oleg Maddox and his team aimed for the moon and got to the stars. The scope of the project was so big but now with what Team Fusion have added we are seeing a true masterpiece surface. We should not forget the work already done, the result is incredible with more to come - cinematic in effect. I have whipped up an example of a Main Menu if anyone is interested, I have fiddled with Photoshop for years and can offer artwork if required or requested. I may have jumped into the wrong place here but I do have something to offer. Must say that graphically there are two things that annoy me in this game/simulator immensely though - 1. The "round" knobs in the cockpits are facetted like hexagons or whatever rather than spherical, be nice to see this corrected in patches/updates 2. The plate running along the side support bracing either side in the Bf-109 cockpits is pixelated and blurry and really annoying, considering everything around it is crisp and detailed. I could fix this if anyone else feels the same. Oh, must add - if weather could be more mixed, i.e thunder and lightning, raining etc. - big bonus. Wish list stuff. Anyhow I love this sim and cannot get enough. Grew up on European Air War and this really supersedes it but in the same sort of nostalgic style and feel. Recently put together a folder of music from WWII to add into the game so there is more variety when you start up each time - sounds great. Hope to hear views.

Markie if you feel that you have skills that would benefit Team Fusion, write Buzzaw a PM. They are always looking for talented people who are willing to put the effort in! ;)

dburne
Dec-22-2013, 11:00
Salute All

On behalf of all of Team Fusion, want to wish everyone in the community a Happy Holiday season and a safe and prosperous New Year. :hbd:

Without the interest and positive feedback from the community, you guys, we wouldn't be doing this. :bravo:

Thank you Buzzsaw for taking the time to give us this update!
Everything is sounding really good and while I am anxiously awaiting , I will be patiently awaiting both the upcoming update and all the new great stuff you will be introducing down the road.

Without the interest, hard work , and dedication by all you TF guys we would not be enjoying this sim for what it was intended to be, and much more now.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, I hope all of you and your families have a wonderful bit of downtime and enjoy some quality family time!!

II/JG3~Siggi
Dec-22-2013, 15:29
Thanks for all your hard work turning this sim around guys, and I hope you have a most excellent xmas. :hbd:

jaydee
Dec-23-2013, 02:15
ThankYOU Team Fusion

Its wonderful that so many talented people could see the potential of this sim.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
This +1. ..To TF, a big~S~

MB_Avro_UK
Dec-24-2013, 05:17
Well done, chaps :thumbsup:

Best Regards,
MB_Avro

Markie
Dec-27-2013, 21:11
Markie if you feel that you have skills that would benefit Team Fusion, write Buzzaw a PM. They are always looking for talented people who are willing to put the effort in! ;)

Thanks, I needed direction as to who to contact and have made contact with the right team for what I have to offer. There is no other project I would like to sink time into like this one, I can see such potential ahead and everyone will be amazed just how far it can be taken. As long as time is not wasted going over the things that are already great we can take large steps forward and make the virtual world more real.

Osprey
Dec-28-2013, 04:26
Seasons Greetings from all in ACG to all of us happy flyers :-D

chris455
Dec-29-2013, 14:26
Hi, new to this forum - just registered. I loved the four screenshots posted for a couple of years of IL2COD and could not believe what I was seeing. Oleg Maddox and his team aimed for the moon and got to the stars. The scope of the project was so big but now with what Team Fusion have added we are seeing a true masterpiece surface. We should not forget the work already done, the result is incredible with more to come - cinematic in effect. I have whipped up an example of a Main Menu if anyone is interested including different colours for discussion, I have fiddled with Photoshop for years and can offer artwork if required or requested. I may have jumped into the wrong place here but I do have something to offer. Must say that graphically there are three things that annoy me in this game/simulator immensely though - 1. The "round" knobs in the cockpits are facetted like dodecahedrons or whatever rather than spherical, be nice to see this corrected in patches/updates 2. The plate running along the side support bracing either side in the Bf-109 cockpits is pixelated and blurry and really annoying, considering everything around it is crisp and detailed. I have provided a fix here if anyone else feels the same ( If anyone has a close-up photo of the hex nut/screw above this bar please tell me also) 3. Red out screen has peculiar black bits - couldn't the whole screen just be tinted red? Oh, must add - if weather could be more mixed, i.e thunder and lightning, raining, snowing, rainbows etc. - big bonus. Wish list stuff. Anyhow I love this sim and cannot get enough. Grew up on European Air War and this really supersedes it but in the same sort of nostalgic style and feel. Recently put together a folder (Twenty files including speeches by Winston Churchill and Adolf Hitler) of music from WWII to add into the game so there is more variety when you start up each time - sounds great. Hope to hear views.

I see alot of valuable creativity here-I definitely would reach out to the team to see if they can use you!
Just a thought- If you replaced the portraits of "Adi" and "Winnie" with those of "Unser Herrman" (Goering) and Dowding, it might capture an even more immediate "Battle of Britain" atmosphere you are seeking.
I usually get somewhat of an upset stomach when I see Der Fuhrer's picture- spoils my flying fun! ;)
Just my two, great job!

danperin
Dec-29-2013, 14:46
Thanks, I needed direction as to who to contact and have made contact with the right team for what I have to offer. There is no other project I would like to sink time into like this one, I can see such potential ahead and everyone will be amazed just how far it can be taken. As long as time is not wasted going over the things that are already great we can take large steps forward and make the virtual world more real.

Hi Markie!

I offered my skills to TF too and a member called 'Mattias' sent me a PM! I like to make skins but my goal is to help the guys out with cockpit texturization! I agree with you there's some lack of resolution in some details of the cockpits and i'll be glad to work in those details! If in some point of development they contact us, we can work together! Here's some work i have done with cockpit texturization for the game Wings of Prey: http://www.flickr.com/photos/76210547@N03/8322031089/in/pool-wopskinners http://www.flickr.com/photos/76210547@N03/8198063836/in/pool-wopskinners http://www.flickr.com/photos/76210547@N03/8198063390/in/pool-1728013@N22/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/76210547@N03/8172297879/in/pool-wopskinners http://www.flickr.com/photos/76210547@N03/8152261154/in/pool-wopskinners

:salute:

YoYo
Dec-30-2013, 03:15
.... Anyhow I love this sim and cannot get enough. Grew up on European Air War and this really supersedes it but in the same sort of nostalgic style and feel. Recently put together a folder (Twenty files including speeches by Winston Churchill and Adolf Hitler) of music from WWII to add into the game so there is more variety when you start up each time - sounds great. Hope to hear views.

Ohhh, no. It looks like Aces of Luftwaffe from 1999 or Amiga game : /.

I hope TF will have different kind of menu like its now.

reflected
Jan-03-2014, 03:08
Guys,

Your work is really appreciated. you turned this game fro man unplayable messy bugfest into something great.

thank you and please keep it up! :salute:

VO101_Tom
Jan-03-2014, 10:10
Ohhh, no. It looks like Aces of Luftwaffe from 1999 or Amiga game : /.
I hope TF will have different kind of menu like its now.

Hi. The TF does not intend to change the current menu.
The posts, announcements or polls can be represent TF opinions, if TF member wrote it. Colander, Buzzsaw, Mysticpuma, Mattias, etc. :salute:

Oersted
Jan-07-2014, 04:05
I have whipped up an example of a Main Menu if anyone is interested including different colours for discussion......... Hope to hear views.

Ok, here's an opinion :)

I don't particularly like the present menus, but I must be honest and say that I think they are much better than yours. The vivid colours, stock fonts and heavy embossing you use remind me of 1990's web pages: a very dated, cartoonish look. The Führer's face looking out at me from the middle of the page is frankly obnoxious. So, there isn't really anything to my liking in your menu proposal. That's how it is: opinions are like b*ttholes, we all have one...

In general I think the TF menus are a big improvement over the original ones. Only problem is that some pages have background images right beneath the texts, which makes the menus less readable. The whole mnu system could do with a makeover, especially the logical "under-the-hood" setup, but I won't mind if TF focuses on the actual in-game bits in stead. What is sorely needed, though, are proper links, in the menus, to all the extra content we are getting with TF. Links to the Wiki pages, links to campaigns (that should of course ship with the next version of CoD), more and better single player missions...

Markie
May-25-2014, 22:06
Here is a better example of where I am going with menus now.

heinkill
May-26-2014, 13:12
Here is a better example of where I am going with menus now.

Noice!

Markie
Jun-06-2014, 05:07
..and another. I am sure we can improve on the present main menu screenshot, although I must admit I really like the backgrounds currently in use when the missions are selected.

DUI
Jun-06-2014, 05:33
Menus with random background images would be great. All of the current images are very much worth a see but as I am nearly always in the same menus (main menu > multiplayer > server > ...) I only see the same two ones every time.

Naybe, a good reason to start flying SP. :-)

9./JG52 Ziegler
Jun-06-2014, 07:31
Both look great Markie. It's easy to see which side you (primarily) fly though. :D

Markie
Jun-06-2014, 07:58
I actually prefer the Bf109 but it is a good idea for me to change things around and try various backgrounds and planes. You've got me pondering...

zionid
Jun-10-2014, 18:18
Looks nice- but for me part I prefer some nice vintage shots or artwork (Like Roen's pieces- except I don't like the one currently set for Main Menu and the font/lettering) to set my mood up before flight.

Screenshots are nice- but I tend to tire of them rather quickly.

For some silly reason I also prefer parked planes in menus and UI's. It a glimpse of what the pilots saw before they took flight themselves.

Off course, screenshots made to looks like vintage.... that's another matter;)

Just a matter of taste i s'pose.

Markie
Jun-10-2014, 22:40
I really like Roen's artwork and I have seen a lot of military artwork over the years. The present set I like except for the main menu screen which I feel just falls flat. The plane is off to the side and cropped, it is not one of the main planes recognisable by most people and it is almost static with no action or story behind it. Very sad for such a dynamic game. The font set is very clear and readable but dead boring - I believe we can do better and deserve better. I have increased contrast and midrange on original set and added a few more of his to my own mix because they were a little weak in colour but they are inspiring pieces for sure. Problem at the moment I understand is editing the menu structure in the "Core" section to make changes for Team Fusion version. If this is ever cracked many enhancements may be made. I respect different opinions and this will ultimately lead to great improvements of course for everyone.

JG4_sKylon
Jun-11-2014, 00:16
I actually prefer the Bf109 but it is a good idea for me to change things around and try various backgrounds and planes. You've got me pondering...

Finally a beautiful plane. I am getting tired of the brown planes all the time.:ind:
Would it be possible to make the background selectable?

zionid
Jun-11-2014, 14:39
... I have increased contrast and midrange on original set and added a few more of his to my own mix because they were a little weak in colour but they are inspiring pieces for sure. ....

Have you been able to extract and alter the current set of photos? If so- how?

ATAG_Colander
Jun-11-2014, 14:51
Funny how 2 years ago, with all the game issues, no one would even think of discussing changing the game screens.
Things have changed uh? :)

Mysticpuma
Jun-11-2014, 16:17
Funny how 2 years ago, with all the game issues, no one would even think of discussing changing the game screens.
Things have changed uh? :)

Happy days, and once we release the German invasion of the USA map...who knows what we'll be talking about :-P

zionid
Jun-11-2014, 17:11
"Team Fusion Patch 5.0: Heinkels over Washington"

FAE_Cazador
Jun-11-2014, 18:42
"Team Fusion Patch 5.0: Heinkels over Washington"

Heinkels He-177 over Washington ?

:)

ATAG_Colander
Jun-11-2014, 20:18
HE!

Imagine manning an AA gun on top of the empire state. King Kong style! :)

Markie
Jun-12-2014, 22:06
Some pretty funny comments once people get the giggles. Anyhow, work at hand - Zionid - to answer your question I went to Deviant art on www. and downloaded a number of Roen911's work and a few similar ones. James Deitz is also very good. The paintings that almost look real but are very imaginative really take my breath away. I was very pleasantly surprised when I saw Team Fusion using Roen's artwork, I never tire of seeing it. The selection we have in current version is really great I think, perhaps needs a few more that's all. I have put up samples where I have pumped up the colours and midrange to be more immersive, the previous ones are a bit washed out. WWII was in colour without scratches and scrubbing or in a wonky frame, that's not opinion that is fact. However I do also like artistic renditions and I believe there is room for various types. A general theme usually works best though. Obviously if we can get a hold of originals without pixellation all the better. What is important is getting a common opinion and following through. This would mean consulting artist or artists for permission. I am simply offering ideas and hoping for others to jump into conversation with theirs.

zionid
Jun-14-2014, 12:20
Lots of beauties there. I think my favourite might be the one with the 110 and the Hurri. However, a lot of the shots feature Spit Mk V's in 1942 camo and with the white band on the tail. Awesome obviously- especially if we get these aircraft in CloD sometime, but a tad off the BoB theme currently in Bob. (Nitpicking, I know I know- just being the devils advocate here;)

I dream of one day forming up for Circus operations in the 41-43 era in this sim:)

Markie
Jun-15-2014, 02:25
Historical accuracy is important so these comments are good to eck out what is appropriate. We go around the world to find ourselves, we may end up with the originals and it might not be so bad.

Markie
Sep-08-2014, 23:01
Another menu, when I think of the Battle of Britain this sort of scene is conjured up.

Blitzen
Sep-09-2014, 12:15
I check in almost every day & I contribute with each new patch or upgrade.Why? Because of the work you have done to make this my favorite WW-2 flight sime.Oh OI do go back to Il-2 moded to "fly" something different once in a while & yes I was early member of BoS,which is slowly coming on line, but playing CloD is like going from an old 1990's TV to a HD and the reason: You guys saved it& continue to make it the best so far available even with its warts! thanks!:thumbsup:

Blitzen
Sep-09-2014, 12:20
Some pretty funny comments once people get the giggles. Anyhow, work at hand - Zionid - to answer your question I went to Deviant art on www. and downloaded a number of Roen911's work and a few similar ones. James Deitz is also very good. The paintings that almost look real but are very imaginative really take my breath away. I was very pleasantly surprised when I saw Team Fusion using Roen's artwork, I never tire of seeing it. The selection we have in current version is really great I think, perhaps needs a few more that's all. I have put up samples where I have pumped up the colours and midrange to be more immersive, the previous ones are a bit washed out. WWII was in colour without scratches and scrubbing or in a wonky frame, that's not opinion that is fact. However I do also like artistic renditions and I believe there is room for various types. A general theme usually works best though. Obviously if we can get a hold of originals without pixellation all the better. What is important is getting a common opinion and following through. This would mean consulting artist or artists for permission. I am simply offering ideas and hoping for others to jump into conversation with theirs.

Thanks for the plug!!!!
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d116/jamesdietz/1940Highsummer2_zps16629b9b.jpg (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/jamesdietz/media/1940Highsummer2_zps16629b9b.jpg.html)

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d116/jamesdietz/ToTheVictorslidebig-1_zps63a3541b.jpg (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/jamesdietz/media/ToTheVictorslidebig-1_zps63a3541b.jpg.html)

DIETZ:thumbsup:

Markie
Sep-09-2014, 16:37
Agree absolutely, great game now and the people here are very positive and passionate. Where it ends up is fascinating. The only negative is online there are those who knock Oleg Maddox. Yes, there were problems Houston but he had a dream and we must acknowledge his input and that of his team. Without sounding "Sissy' there was a lot of love given to this project. I haven't been on FSX for about a year now. I can now stand up on stage and proudly exclaim I am clear of that addiction. My time these days is spent on enjoying this simulator and the fruits of Team Fusion contributors.

Oh yes, do check out James Dietz's work here:

http://www.jamesdietz.com/

Incredible feeling and detail exhibited. Would be great to see some of his work in the game as screenshots at the beginning of missions.