PDA

View Full Version : Week#5 Rockets and Bombs

Mastiff
Dec-20-2013, 15:04
http://youtu.be/W7rY2DW3YmE

LuseKofte
Dec-20-2013, 17:38
Rockets was hard and inaccurate. If you see real footage they fired them all in one time agains a target. You need a direct hit on rear end of a tank if you got a chance to destroy it. I tryed the rockets 4 time without success

Mastiff
Dec-21-2013, 01:01
http://youtu.be/N84RcHz1woc

Mastiff
Dec-21-2013, 04:10
for the BF109 pilots

http://youtu.be/LnF5N835_Wo

9./JG52_J-HAT
Dec-21-2013, 05:07
Looks nice. Can fuses be set? How about selection between salvo and single? I mean, the bomb arming panel behind the stick, does it even work or is it like in old il-2?

LuseKofte
Dec-21-2013, 06:37
There are settings for rockets and bomb fuses. It got a very realistic feel to it and it is not easy to hit the target. Maby harder than Clod. In some aspect this game are more like IL2 and others like Clod.

9./JG52 Ziegler
Dec-21-2013, 08:26
Nice one Mastiff. That direct hit with the Lagg 3 was excellent. I could hear the metal on metal clink when it hit!

I found it very difficult to stop a tank (haven't yet with the jabo) then I found the trucks. :thumbsup:

The aircraft feel heavier on take off with the bomb loads too. Nicely done.

LuseKofte
Dec-21-2013, 11:22

ATAG_Lolsav
Dec-21-2013, 13:14
No craters from the bomb drops?

Mastiff
Dec-21-2013, 13:21
No craters from the bomb drops?

not yet wasn't ready for this build yet nor is building damage.

LuseKofte
Dec-21-2013, 14:13
I find this interesting, it is obviously better impact animation than in clod. Realistic feel to the bombs and rockets I am kind of very optimistic.

Cujo
Dec-22-2013, 02:06
for the BF109 pilots

http://youtu.be/LnF5N835_Wo

Good bombs Mastiff. I may ask you to give my some pointers on delivery method. My A to G skills really suck.

LuseKofte
Dec-22-2013, 08:49
http://i919.photobucket.com/albums/ad32/finno2/il-22013-12-2214-20-56-43-2_zps0329429c.jpg

Look tracks in the snow

Mastiff
Dec-22-2013, 10:43
Good bombs Mastiff. I may ask you to give my some pointers on delivery method. My A to G skills really suck.

well if you would ever come and visit us at 71st I would tell ya how.

ATAG_JTDawg
Dec-22-2013, 11:15

roflmao Wow trying to add to your post , an you slam him ! = Personal foul 15 yards :devilish: and a first down :D

Skoshi_Tiger
Dec-22-2013, 19:33
What with the festive season and all I'm finding it hard to find time to blow things up, but I managed to have a couple of sorties in the LaGG.

I really hope they get the trim situation sorted out. You know, over the years I flown flight sims/games that didn't have trim But I've never flown one that has modeled the aircraft to be out of trim in all situations! I'm finding it fairly hard to be accurate when I'm constantly trying to fight the plane.

Is it just me but if I have a prang and loose a wing the rockets are still there suspended mid air next to the plane?

The graphics look pretty though.

Mastiff
Dec-22-2013, 21:16
What with the festive season and all,

Is it just me but if I have a prang and loose a wing the rockets are still there suspended mid air next to the plane?

The graphics look pretty though.

seen those kind of bugs in DCS...

Cujo
Dec-22-2013, 21:56

Thanx. I'll keep that in mind next time I'll come with a visit.

Dutch
Dec-26-2013, 18:02
Oh Crap. I missed the last window to try out the bombs and rockets. Now I have to wait for next weekend, knowing that there are some people who already know all about it.

How will I survive the week? Any sign of trim control?

Edit: I was trying to restrain myself, honest I was. But what use are bombs and rockets when you can't trim your aircraft into the necessary dive trajectory to do it? Oh, I forgot, the vertical speed indicator doesn't work either.

How can anyone treat this with any credibility? Our aircraft dance all over the sky, because we have no trims. They give us guns, but we can't trim our aircraft for the attack run. They give us bombs, they give us rockets, but they can't give us trims to set our aircraft up for the dive to target.

The priorities are upside down. They need to give everyone full flight control before they give them rockets. Or bombs. Or Guns come to that. A flight simulator needs to simulate flight first, combat second. This fiasco is simulating combat first, flight second.

Wrong priorities.

End of rant. :D

potenz
Dec-27-2013, 21:41
Oh gott, stop complaining about the trim controls on the Lagg, Jason already said that because they already had the trim system in RoF that's why they put it so easily in the 109, but the trim system for the Lagg is in the works and will be introduced later, so please stop this childiish rant about the trim

Skoshi_Tiger
Dec-27-2013, 22:24
Oh gott, stop complaining about the trim controls on the Lagg, Jason already said that because they already had the trim system in RoF that's why they put it so easily in the 109, but the trim system for the Lagg is in the works and will be introduced later, so please stop this childiish rant about the trim

Pretty much all the plane set have some form of trim, it just seams very odd that they didn't bother to get it working seeing as how its already in the flight model and all. In the LaGG it so obviously not right I would have thought the developer in charge of the plane would have implemented it as a matter of course.

It sort of makes any form of comparison in the flying characteristics of the aircraft a moot point.

Obviously it will be fixed, eventually, But for people who are interested in the Soviet aircraft it's a big detraction from the game. Many people would be a bit like me with limited time to try out the game. If you make bad first impressions it takes a hell of a lot of work to change peoples initial impressions. A lot of people might not bother coming back to have a second look.

I don't mind the odd rant from people now and again, its good for cleansing the spleen and is often followed by a new wave of enthusiasm. Lets face it, we're all enthusiasts here and all it will take for people get behind the project is for Jason and the developers to provide an enjoyable and accurate simulation.

LuseKofte
Dec-28-2013, 05:02
This early release was a chance to take, they had to show something. We all here love the clod but investing so much time and money on something everybody not flying clod think as clod. is a disaster.
Ranting the lack of trim and other stuff we know will be improved are not something I take serious. But I do take offense about this continuous obstruction against a interest we all share.
Why do I bother fight this , because I fight this battle to get more people to fly clod, unite the simmers don't split them. After all we do not see any fun in a sim none fly no matter how good it is

potenz
Dec-28-2013, 11:58
Pretty much all the plane set have some form of trim, it just seams very odd that they didn't bother to get it working seeing as how its already in the flight model and all. In the LaGG it so obviously not right I would have thought the developer in charge of the plane would have implemented it as a matter of course.

It sort of makes any form of comparison in the flying characteristics of the aircraft a moot point.

Obviously it will be fixed, eventually, But for people who are interested in the Soviet aircraft it's a big detraction from the game. Many people would be a bit like me with limited time to try out the game. If you make bad first impressions it takes a hell of a lot of work to change peoples initial impressions. A lot of people might not bother coming back to have a second look.

I don't mind the odd rant from people now and again, its good for cleansing the spleen and is often followed by a new wave of enthusiasm. Lets face it, we're all enthusiasts here and all it will take for people get behind the project is for Jason and the developers to provide an enjoyable and accurate simulation.

I just don't see the point of ranting in an alpha, when it's already said that Lagg will have it's proper trim system, it has been said before the initial alpha release, and the thing that piss me off a lot, it's when people act like there will be no trim and try so hard to make look like BoS is on final release now and it will stay as it is, i know many people here loves CloD to the bones, but it's just plain silly to make such statements, when devs said before first access to the game what will be there and what's not, if this was the final version of BoS i will be the first ranting on the flaws, but as is only an alpha that we can enjoy meanwhile, not constructive critisism is not helping. we are all grown up people, and we should behave as adults, IMHO.

Potz

Mastiff
Dec-28-2013, 12:00
I just don't see the point of ranting in an alpha, when it's already said that Lagg will have it's proper trim system, it has been said before the initial alpha release, and the thing that piss me off a lot, it's when people act like there will be no trim and try so hard to make look like BoS is on final release now and it will stay as it is, i know many people here loves CloD to the bones, but it's just plain silly to make such statements, when devs said before first access to the game what will be there and what's not, if this was the final version of BoS i will be the first ranting on the flaws, but as is only an alpha that we can enjoy meanwhile, not constructive critisism is not helping. we are all grown up people, and we should behave as adults, IMHO.

Potz

+1 its called saboteurs...

Skoshi_Tiger
Dec-29-2013, 03:21
+1 its called saboteurs...

Personally I believe the BoS Evangelists are doing more damage to the community over there than anyone pointing out bugs in the sim.

The purpose of having an Alpha release is basically about finding important issues with the problem isn't it? The trim issue is apparently easy to fix so maybe if the wheel squeaks enough they'll fix it.

If people keep getting harassed and attacked for discussing about obvious bugs with the release then eventually they'll stop being involved in the community and the sim will die.

Injerin
Dec-29-2013, 05:22
The last few months I've heard about the conspiracy theories and the so called hidden agendas about these 2 games (clod-BOS) supporters, and find it kinda funny. I can't believe that people are trying to compare both games and act like either of these games have any kind of effect on one another. Expecially when both games are still in development :) I think all the fan boi's on both sides need to relax.... We will all just have to wait and see how it unfolds. Everyone has there own taste and opinions and I think they all should be respected. All I have to say is if I don't like it I wont play it...simple as that.

LuseKofte
Dec-29-2013, 06:12
Hidden agenda and evangelist. Bull shit.

What you gent are doing is splitting a very tiny community . You are testing an ALPHA version and deem it as it was finished .
You guys are doing the very same thing that other does against CLOD. It is close to impossible to recruit anyone over to try clod because of this stubbornness thinking within the community.

When the finished product are here we will see, no we will not because it has official support. Come on at least give it a break. You guys sure as hell has given any developer in future plenty of reasons not to release a pre beta.

Even starting to make a religious thing out of this pfff

Skoshi_Tiger
Dec-29-2013, 07:45
Hidden agenda and evangelist. Bull shit.

Even starting to make a religious thing out of this pfff

In a modern context, the word evangelist does not necessarily have religious connotations. It is also widely used to describe an enthusiastic advocate of a idea or thing, also generally associated with it is they are trying to convert someone to their way of thinking. This is as you have so eloquently pointed out is complete BS.

It's funny how we have been using the "Alpha" for what 5 weeks now and in the latest update they stated that they won't even set up a testing team for the Alpha/Beta until January.

People should be free to express their ideas, hopes, concerns without fear of abuse and harassment, though it is bad form to get upset if people don't agree with you!

Headshot
Dec-29-2013, 07:59
Why does a thread to show process of BOS have to be corrupted and led off subject. Was it not a thread to show of Rockets and Bombs. If you have a problem with the game by all means start your own thread but please don't hijack some one else's. Doing so is what comes of as bad grapes.

Skoshi_Tiger
Dec-29-2013, 08:21
Why does a thread to show process of BOS have to be corrupted and led off subject. Was it not a thread to show of Rockets and Bombs. If you have a problem with the game by all means start your own thread but please don't hijack some one else's. Doing so is what comes of as bad grapes.

100% with you there Head Shot.

To fire rockets with any degree of accuracy requires precision approach to the target. Unfortunately with the alpha as it is when using a hefty stick like the Thrustmaster Warthog or one of the force feed back sticks without being able to trim your aircraft correctly you end up having to wrestle with your aircraft to keep it on target. This is not good for accuracy in ground attack.

Hopefully when the devs get back from holidays they'll sort out the issue.

vranac
Dec-29-2013, 09:33
What you gent are doing is splitting a very tiny community . You are testing an ALPHA version and deem it as it was finished .
You guys are doing the very same thing that other does against CLOD. It is close to impossible to recruit anyone over to try clod because of this stubbornness thinking within the community.

When the finished product are here we will see, no we will not because it has official support. Come on at least give it a break. You guys sure as hell has given any developer in future plenty of reasons not to release a pre beta.

FM isn't alfa it's finished for Lagg and I'm pretty sure for 109f also. If you don't believe me here you go.

Posted 26 December 2013 - 17:56

72AG_martefi, on 26 Dec 2013 - 10:29, said:

This can not be.

I look here straight festival of militant ignorance ...LaGG FM is final , this is how it should fly. The higher the speed the greater the overload at the same angle of attack = less "drawdown".

Go to practical aerodynamics that if read on what some aircraft before notifying ITALICS in what neither belmesa you do not understand ...

Just sort of a fairy ...

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/122-fizika-i-aerodinamika-v-bzs/page-70&usg=ALkJrhggyalQgYC0OZvaqiMpJHSsMKLeDA#entry115012

Note the arrogant answer from Han and just to tell you that Martefi is very exited with BoS.
Guys were discussing coming out of a dive according to the manual and video from the game where one pilot was shooting at
ground targets with rockets.
Then Martefi called his friend military instructor and aerodynamics expert adzyga who said that on two occasions in that video it would be impossible to pull out from a dive.

LuseKofte
Dec-29-2013, 10:08
Rockets was never easy to aim. Notoriously inaccurate they where. In BOS they actually goes in a straight line. RAF trained elusively pilot for rocket attics, they had to be done in a right angle of attack to be most effective. USAAF and US Navy /marines had rockets and bombs at the same time.
In Africa campaign Beufighters usually attacked ships with the rockets with less explosive since they penetrated the ship plates underneath the waterline while the heavy ones tend to explode in water surface.

So not getting the rockets accurate in the beginning is mrs a realistic feature.

vranac
Dec-29-2013, 10:37
I agree with you on that, but I was talking and quoting about alfa and FM and aircraft behavior.

That ALPHA and 36% is just good marketing stuff. They said precisely what is finished and what isn't.

And don't expect trims before the end of February.

ATAG_Snapper
Dec-29-2013, 10:42
I tend to go with Injerin's outlook. But everyone, please ease off the rhetoric a bit. These are video games, after all, so please keep a perspective. Enough with the talk of childish posts, saboteurs, etc. That has no place here.

The developers will do what they will do. Discussion is good, disagreement is fine, just keep it civil. That's what this forum is for. But keep in mind that we are as so many fleas arguing what direction the dog should be going.

Black
Dec-29-2013, 10:47
Looking forward to the complains when people realize that many alpha and beta problems are in the 1.0 version :D

ATAG_Snapper
Dec-29-2013, 10:55
Well, this thread started well, but has finished badly.